ericy

problem with 1.8.1 patch

Question

i have instaled the 1.8.1 patch to the game on my laptop running Widows 7 and now both the making history and and braking ground expansions will not load. Help!!!

10 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, ericy said:

i have instaled the 1.8.1 patch to the game on my laptop running Widows 7 and now both the making history and and braking ground expansions will not load. Help!!!

Mine updated automatically via Steam, and now KSP won't load at all!

We will need more information than "It won't load at all."

Does it log anything? Are there errors? Have you tried verifying the install with Steam or uninstalling and resinstalling?

13 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

We will need more information than "It won't load at all."

Does it log anything? Are there errors? Have you tried verifying the install with Steam or uninstalling and resinstalling?

I'm at work right now and will look at it agsin when I get home.   However I can say that when I tried it yesterday, when I clicked on the shortcut on my desktop, literally nothing happened as far as the game loading was concerned.  There were no messages, timers it was as if I hadn't tried to open the game.

29 minutes ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

I'm at work right now and will look at it agsin when I get home.   However I can say that when I tried it yesterday, when I clicked on the shortcut on my desktop, literally nothing happened as far as the game loading was concerned.  There were no messages, timers it was as if I hadn't tried to open the game.

It sounds like the shortcut is broken.  Try running it directly through Steam, or, if it's not in the Steam folders, try double-clicking directly on the game itself (KSP_x64.exe)

I had visitors drop in unexpectedly so only just got a chance to try KSP.

And the good news is verifying the files with Steam solved the problem!  So once again you guys pulled through, and once again I thank you! :D

12 minutes ago, ericy said:

perhaps 1.8.0 is a beta test for elements of ksp2

It is not.   They are being worked on by different studios.

Have you tried verifying your game files as described above?