RSS 1.6.1 From Russia to the Moon

Welcome to the forum @MuriloMoreira,

I've moved your question to gameplay questions and I think the best way to enter an orbit is to perform a correction burn when you are halfway to your destination.

1. Get an intercept
2. When you are halfway there create a maneuver node 10 or 20 minutes ahead and then click on the moon in map view and select 'focus view'

You should now see your path in through the sphere of influence of your target and use the node to adjust your entry.

16 hours ago, MuriloMoreira said:

'm having trouble flying with the N1, I can't make it right to launch and get an intercept because of the tilt,

The (comparatively) easy solution: you've probably done a few launches from that site already, and know where your orbit will be relative to the Earth's surface. You now have to time your launch so that after launch, you a) end up with the smallest possible AN/DN with the Moon (this happens every day but the launch window only lasts a few minutes) , and b) you can do a lunar injection from near your AN/DN (this happens twice a month and lasts perhaps a day or so). Fix the inclination as part of your transfer burn.

16 hours ago, MuriloMoreira said:

I know that in the original mission the moon orbit was basically polar, how can I do it so certain ?

Put a marker satellite into a polar orbit. Plan a transfer to the Moon's orbit. Notice how far ahead or behind of the Moon you would be by the time you get there. Then use the cheat menu to adjust the LAN of the satellite's orbit, re-cast your maneuver, rinse repeat until you found a polar orbit from which you can get a nice encounter on your desired launch date.

When the big day comes, launch your mighty N1 and try to match the orbit of your marker satellite.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.