[0.16] Delta Engineering & Rocket Productions: Reentry Capsule & Self Destruct Module

MoodNiatrec

Delta Engineering & Rocket Productions Co. (D.E.R.P. Co.) presents DERP Co. Parts Pack 0.1

http://www./?avy5bqauwjc2tfb

Obviously since this is just the first release, changes should be expected over time. I would ultimately like to improve upon these parts as well as add more. Feedback is welcomed.

Note: As of right now, since the Reentry Capsule becomes "Debris" upon ejection, it is recommended that you shift your focus and follow the pod down until chute deployment. There seems to be a bug that causes some debris to disappear if it's too far from the ship. What I have been doing to deploy the Reentry Capsule is setting a course for Reentry, ejecting the Reentry Capsule, then burning prograde to keep the original ship in orbit before shifting focus to the Reentry Capsule.

Did one of your Kerbalnauts leave his oven on? Good news, you don't have to scrap the rest of the mission!

Do you need a (relatively) safe way carry an extra Kerbalnaut back to Kerbin? Good news! We've got a Reentry Capsule just for you!

Designed to work perfectly with the Mk16 Parachute, this Reentry Capsule will allow a single Kerbalnaut a free trap back to good 'ol planet Kerbin.

screenshot13fi.png

The ship

screenshot15mn.png

Transferring a Kerbalnaut into one of the Reentry Capsules

screenshot16o.png

Decouple! Starting the voyage home.

screenshot20tt.png

We've got a good chute!

screenshot22r.png

Safely returned to Kerbin!

Are you hurtling out of a control into space? Doomed to drift forever? Well the HID-X1 Self-Destruct Module is here to solve your problem. A quick (semi)painless death is better than weeks of starvation or asphyxiation. Recommended to be placed directly below Command Module. Warning: Self-Destruction not guaranteed!

screenshot23w.png

Out of fuel and hurtling away from Kerbin.

screenshot24x.png

What's this? the HID-X1 Self-Destruct Module? Better than starvation or asphyxiation.

screenshot25n.png

Lighting up the night sky.

screenshot29bk.png

Self-Destruction successful!

screenshot30u.png

Cornie Kerman, you will be remembered.

Possible planned parts:

Reentry Capsule with built-in Decoupler.

Micro-Solid Rocket boosters.

Habitation Module

2-Man Command Pod

Surface Habitat

Edited by MoodNiatrec

Nice. How do they deorbit? You need to put them on the correct trajectory first?

I too would like to know how they de-orbit but also if there is a maximum distance you can operate them from before they won't reach kerbin (or at least accurately).

Is there anyway to make the pods themselves decouplers? That way you wouldn't have the radial decoupler bit stuck to it afterwards.

I'm just gonna test it out a bit more when I get home from classes and should be able to release it as-is later tonight. I love the idea of a built-in decoupler and will look into releasing a version that includes that. As for how to de-orbit them, you have to place them on the trajectory and fire away.

This is a great addon man, can't wait to start using it. :)

Also, I agree that it'd be nice to have a small thruster on it of some sort or one that can be strapped onto the bottom if you want to use it as an escape pod or something similar on larger craft (especially for when I screw up the ZO2 system and can't get them back before it runs out... :) )

I'm just gonna test it out a bit more when I get home from classes and should be able to release it as-is later tonight. I love the idea of a built-in decoupler and will look into releasing a version that includes that. As for how to de-orbit them, you have to place them on the trajectory and fire away.

If you added a built in RCS thruster and a little fuel, do you think it could de-orbit itself?

Maybe you should have a chat with Zool, he made the Zoolotac EscapePod v1.2. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/17439-PLUGIN-PART-16-Zoolotac-EscapePod-v1-2

If you could manage to merge your mods it would be great I think.

As for your rentry capsules, they are pretty cool. But they are in need of a little engine or booster to get out of orbit.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, sorry for before starting the anglai I use because selui vai ing if not my native language.

who would like to use the pod as a captulse I edit the. cfg it compatible with the 0.17.

I have not finished rebalanced.

to use it as a control pod if it takes 2

1 can you acrocher a reactor for example it will be enable the decoupling Advent 1 floor or it will be unusable

2 to display the module racoder went out to the yard one time pilot

for visual indoor mid selui I glue the mk2 with style

ps I put the picture later to show the well has to handle for the module activates the pod

for small room (0.5) 2 mod that I recommend

they can make micro rocket

feanor 0.5 http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/4231-Feanor-Rocketry-NEW-0-5-Stock-pack-released%21?highlight=feanor

lionhead http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12106-0-16-Lionhead-Aerospace-Inc-Rover-v4-1-New-update-13-09?highlight=lionhead

cfg file. modify (0.16 end 0.17)

// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config

// --- general parameters ---

name = ReentryCapsule

module = SASModule

author = MoodNiatrec

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = model.mu

scale = 1

// --- node definitions ---

node_stack_top = 0.0, .50, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -.375, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.31, 1.0, 0.0, 45.0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---

cost = 1000

category = 1

subcategory = 0

title = REC-X1 Reentry Capsule

manufacturer = Delta Engineering & Rocket Production Co.

description = This experimental Reentry Capsule was designed for the safe atmospheric entry of a single Kerbalnaut. The capsule can remain attached to a ship to function as an external crew capsule, or be decoupled for independent reentry. The capsule currently has no other stock functions. Compatible with the Mk16 Parachute.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---

mass = 0.3

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.15

minimum_drag = 0.15

angularDrag = 2

crashTolerance = 1400

breakingForce = 200

breakingTorque = 200

maxTemp = 3400

fuelCrossFeed = True

// --- pod/rcs parameters ---

rotPower = 10

linPower = 10

Kp = 1.0

Kd = 1.0

// --- internal setup ---

CrewCapacity = 1

INTERNAL

{

name = mk2PodCockpit

}

// ----- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT ------

Edited by guitoo1
bad translation ^^ sorry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.