Which one should I start with?

Doc Gonzo

I've been sitting on the side watching others make things and use the Kerbal Space Program as a tool for presenting a variety of space related content. I've decided I need to do this myself NOW! But, first question is, which application should I start with? I am a newbie, but, have some limited experience using Kerbal at a very basic level. I'd be using it on my PC. Regular, or Enhanced? I'm ready to have some fun, but don't want to be overwhelmed initially.

Doc Gonzo

Welcome aboard, @Doc Gonzo

First off, since you're playing on PC, you can't get Enhanced Edition.  The Enhanced Edition is the console version. ;)

If you want to start out slow, just start a career mode and take things easy.  That way you only start out with a couple of parts, and are gently guided into doing more involved things.

There's also Science mode, which starts you out with the same parts, but all the buildings are upgraded, you don't worry about money or contracts, and the only thing limiting your progress is getting science points.  Get more points, unlock more stuff.

Sandbox is my preferred method.  You get everything unlocked, no money, contracts, or science points to hold you back.  Just do whatever you want.

• 2 weeks later...