Who doesn't love LEGO ?

Triop

I was a Lego addict as a kid and got back into it when Lego released the Saturn V. Now i have an Altar with the LM and some additional stages to build a Saturn I and the Skylab Saturn V. Currently contemplating if i can justify buying a second Saturn V so i can display all versions at the same time.

• 1 year later...

I love Legos too! I build construction equipment (Cranes, excavators, material handlers, other cranes, dump trucks, loaders, etc)

I often make stop motion videos of them, and here are a few! One thing I should get soon, besides cranes, cranes, and more cranes, is a cement mixer. The last video (material handler) is still in progress. As you can probably guess, I like cranes :D. There is a more recent version of the material handler video that I will post here soon.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:54 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

LEGO catalogues

Which ones? Are they paper or online? The only problem with the catalog is I will see awesome stuff for way too much money and get sad. Same thing with my model railway catalog. An example is seeing 80 dollar HO scale Liebherr (My favorite crane brand) model cranes.

Spoiler

I have found a store called Brick Swap USA in the Buckland Hills mall in Manchester, Konnecticut. They have, among other things, have big bins of lego piece for $6 a pound! I just grab what pieces I need, get it weighed, and walk out with a bunch of pieces! I am going back soon, hoping to find the right pieces in order to make a large telescopic mobile crane.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

lego is quickly becoming minecraft for boomers.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, Superfluous J said:

Sometimes. Rarely. I never care if they look like something real and prioritize function over form to a massive degree.

i used to play with the space sets until about the mid 90s when i got into technic. i keep them around in case i want to prototype a robot or some other kind of machine.

I remember having 2 five gallon buckets (about 37.8 litres total) completely full Of legos. I loved it when the gears and the space sets came out, I got back into them for a time because of that.

s-l400.jpg

On 5/22/2021 at 3:48 PM, Dientus said:

I remember having 2 five gallon buckets (about 37.8 litres total) completely full Of legos.

I estimated mine to be about one cubic metre. Still have the original Mindstorms set collecting dust.

Edited by DDE

On 11/12/2019 at 4:25 PM, Geonovast said:

I also have the Lego Saturn V.  While it's neat that there's 1,969 parts, you can definitely tell while building it where they used two parts instead of one just to up the part count.

I love Legos.  They were a major part of my childhood, almost as important as my K'nex.  It's probably one of the reasons that I love KSP so much, and why my favorite aspects of KSP are the actual building - be it in the VAB/SPH or orbit.

Most of my Legos just sit in a couple big buckets.  There's, of course, bricks everywhere, in every bucket an box in the house.  I don't do much with them anymore, I never much cared for instructions.  As a kid, the specific sets I would get would get built once, torn apart, and then the pieces merged into the great bucket.  The Saturn V will stay as it is though.

VtG1Pw1.jpg

I also got the lego saturn 5 to my birthday :D 

23 minutes ago, DDE said:

I estimated mine to be about one cubic metre. Still have the original Mindstorms set collecting dust.

I would have been in heaven with that much :happy:

My mother hated it when I left mine on the floor. Nice, smooth, round Lego bricks... Like a foot massage.

Gosh, that was a while ago. I still have all the starships (not SpX) I built, though.

On 5/25/2021 at 7:45 AM, Dientus said:

I would have been in heaven with that much :happy:

IKR? When I was a kid all my Legos fit in a single wooden chest that was roughly a foot square and maybe nine inches deep. I nearly lost my mind because I lost one piece and couldn't complete one of the sets that I had bought anymore. Now my kids have hundreds of thousands of Legos and couldn't care less if they lose a hundred pieces. Spoiled.

But, on the other hand, I had all of the great Classic Space kits that the collectors drool over now: the Galaxy Explorer, the Space Cruiser, the Rocket Base, and a lot of the smaller sets as well. Had days of fun with those.

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

But, on the other hand, I had all of the great Classic Space kits that the collectors drool over now: the Galaxy Explorer, the Space Cruiser, the Rocket Base, and a lot of the smaller sets as well. Had days of fun with those.

Ooooo I remember the big gray plastic "moon surface" plates, the yellow striped landing plates... Nostalgia!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.