The first UFO encounter in KSP?

AncientAstronaut

Looks like debris to me. Could it also be a artifact from his GPU?

If it was something from his GPU, it would not likely appear in a screenshot. Also, as you can see in my earlier post, it appears to have the shape of a star.

If it was something from his GPU, it would not likely appear in a screenshot. Also, as you can see in my earlier post, it appears to have the shape of a star.

It depends on how the screenshot is taken, if it is taking a picture of the screen then it definitely would appear in the SS.

I love how everyone here is trying to tell me that it was Minmus. Guys... I've seen Minmus from afar. I've been to it and I've burned from Kerbin Orbit at Minmus Rise. It's definitely NOT Minmus. I verified that when I checked the map to see where Minmus was. And it's certainly not debris, because the only debris I had on that persistent file was in a Kerbin orbit of about 200km.

Now it's possible it's an artifact on my GPU, but like someone else said, would that appear on a screenshot?

I'm calling hoax.

http://i.imgur.com/TaGCR.jpg

It has blurring from a resolution change, insert one white pixel, upload to imgur with a lossy compression (JPG), and you have an alien fleet.

If mine isn't exactly the same it's likely due to me using a different starting resolution.

EDIT: ZOOM IN and compare, mine looks a bit more silly and obvious because I added a lot of points.

I'm calling hoax.

http://i.imgur.com/TaGCR.jpg

It has blurring from a resolution change, insert one white pixel, upload to imgur with a lossy compression (JPG), and you have an alien fleet.

If mine isn't exactly the same it's likely due to me using a different starting resolution.

EDIT: ZOOM IN and compare, mine looks a bit more silly and obvious because I added a lot of points.

Yep; looks exactly like it zoomed in.

/thread

It's not a hoax. Actually, when I zoomed in on paint, it was a single pixel. When I uploaded it to imgur, it got blurry. I'm no expert on image uploading so I don't know why it did that. Anyway, the only editing that was done of this photo was to circle it in red and write "Anomaly".

100% guaranteed it's not a hoax. That much I know. What it REALLY is... Well, I have no idea.

It also seems as if it takes up more than one pixel. If you zoom in, you can see some variation in the object. It has kind of a + shape to it, which makes it look like it's a star.

What you're seeing is blurring added on zooming by whatever program you're viewing it with. Try opening it with MS Paint and you'll see it's a single pixel.

I'm guessing a hole, join, overlap or corruption in the skybox texture.

Assuming you didn't just go in paint and edit this, here's my thoughts:

1. Too small to be Minmus.

2. Are you SURE it isn't just another stage?

3. I doubt it is some easter egg.

4. I doubt it is aliens.

5. It's obviously not a star, those are much larger and extremely blurry.

6. And you never saw it again? Maybe your graphics card... glitched... or something...

Maybe at that exact position, you can see through the fake sphere covering the Kerbol system (Like in the spore editors), and after you passed that small window of opportunity... it dissapeared. For exapmly, you can only see a solar eclipse at the right place and time. So maybe, when passing through that exact spot at those exact moments, you could see it. While you were in the map window, you passes through the zone where you could see it.

Hmm, a dev coming on (one of my favorites btw :D )and saying it doesn't look like minimus, a point in space that has only been seen once thus far and a group of people trying to disprove it? Sounds like most modern religions. Imma call this new religion Kerbinism. All hail the almighty Kraken!

2. Are you SURE it isn't just another stage?

Of course I'm sure. Like I said, the only debris in the game was in a 200km orbit around Kerbin. I got to the Mun with a single stage (just felt like doing a quick cheat mission).

4. I doubt it is aliens.

Giorgio Tsoukalos would disagree. (I couldn't resist.)

It's not a hoax. Actually, when I zoomed in on paint, it was a single pixel. When I uploaded it to imgur, it got blurry. I'm no expert on image uploading so I don't know why it did that. Anyway, the only editing that was done of this photo was to circle it in red and write "Anomaly".

100% guaranteed it's not a hoax. That much I know. What it REALLY is... Well, I have no idea.

Can you upload the other screenshots you took of it to show that its not a one off hoax?