The first UFO encounter in KSP?

AncientAstronaut

This is not the thread to ask about the 0.17 release date (or any thread for that matter). Also, if you're going to ask for UFO's in 0.17, go to the suggestions forum.

I hate to ask but, what? He doesn't say anything you've claimed there and it has me very confused.

I just observed a pecular phenomena of similar appearance.

In my case, I was orbiting Kerbin. Two identical craft within 1KM of each other, as I attempted to rendevous them and use a docking mod I picked up a little while ago.

What I saw was a single pixel that went from just above the edge of kerbin across almost to the left edge of the screen, then doubled back before going upward and vanishing.

I don't think KSP has provision for shooting stars or any of that- and even if it did I was in a stable 100km orbit, too high for such phenomena to be visible.

Initially my thoughts on this thread were that the GPU memory had simply glitched a couple pixels, but seeing a similar blip that was actively moving I am not at all convinced that is the case anymore.

Whatever it is though, it is probably a warning sign of a software issue that we have yet to identify the source of.

That or it is the Kraken itself lurking in the darkness, waiting for a ship that flies too far away from Kerbin to prey on.

That's interesting, Odin, but I have my own theory. Maybe it was one of the devs flying through someone's game and scouting around!

Still a hoax, let it die...

Of all the people to post a hoax, AncientAstronaut would be one of the last. Seriously. So I'm going to bring this topic back onto the rails with some observations of my own. It resembles Minmus, but obviously since you checked where Minmus was and then later it disappeared it could not be Minmus. Minmus doesn't exactly disappear. What do you mean by 'Minmus was on the other side of the Mun'? Do you mean that Minmus was behind the camera view?

As far as it being a graphical glitch, is it possible that the game was somehow drawing Minmus where it shouldnt have been?

Before we jump to the UFO conclusion. Have you done and Areal survey of the planet? Mods may have a area 51 base on your system. I saw a nice telescope .craft file we can use to check this better. Whats the coordinates?:cool:

Edited by BlackHoleSun

actually i think i have firgured it out,very recently one of my tardises dissapeared and didn't come, but in space where it disapeared there was a radar black spot, which i believe is a hole in the world but the tardis must have drifted through into your reality, well i guess i will need to send a trans-universal ship to retrieve it.

That's interesting, Odin, but I have my own theory. Maybe it was one of the devs flying through someone's game and scouting around!

When I was playing it without internet access? The machine I run it on is currently in quarantine due to a possible virus, so it has been completely cutoff from the outside world.

Seam in the Skybox seems a likely theory though. I've seen that kind of phenomena on other games- patterns of dots and dashes on terrain features or in the sky where the scenery rendering glitched a seam and allowed the background color or ambient lighting color to show through.

• 1 year later...

I think we can safely say that the info in this thread doesn't really have any bearing on the current state of the game. Therefore, I'm going to close this.

On a side note: I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you see a thread that you suspect has been necro'ed without adding useful, relevant and timely content, use the Report Post function. Don't keep bumping it.