[1.12.x] Ven's Stock Revamp Resurrected: v1.16.0 "Too Much Space In Space" 2021 Sep 05

Kerbas_ad_astra

On 4/14/2021 at 2:09 PM, Beetlecat said:

It's been a while since I've used VSR, and those batteries and lights are amazing. Totally torn over using these vs. Restock.

Obviously the solution is to create a patch to clone these parts so both are present. :)

Some parts should theoretically be able to co-exist as variants (e.g. fuel tanks), but when I tried to have e.g. variants of the SRBs or any functional part, it wasn't happy (especially anything dealing with animations).

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, I've been trying to get the old Mk 1-2 command pod in my game, but it won't work. I'm playing on 1.8.1, and I just wanted to ask if there's any way to make it a separate part? 

KUEot2f.png

Any help is very appreciated.

did it long time ago with the battery part

3 things needed:the model ,ends with .mu,the config, ends with cfg. and the texture file, mostly a .dds or .png

this three files in a folder,important in the .cfg must include the right path to the model and texture

MODEL
    {
        model = GameData/Squad/Parts/Pods/1-3Pods
    }

for the texture u must google it looks same but with TEXTURE didnt find it right now

maybe later, good luck

2 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

did it long time ago with the battery part

3 things needed:the model ,ends with .mu,the config, ends with cfg. and the texture file, mostly a .dds or .png

this three files in a folder,important in the .cfg must include the right path to the model and texture

MODEL
    {
        model = GameData/Squad/Parts/Pods/1-3Pods
    }

for the texture u must google it looks same but with TEXTURE didnt find it right now

maybe later, good luck

Got it to work, thanks man. I just moved the old Mk 1-2 out of Squad's deprecated folder, removed Ven's part revamps on every other part except that one, and bam, it works wonderfully.

On 5/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, La Piante said:

Ok thanks.

Because I install RO/RSS/RP-1 via CKAN but Ven's is not working on 1.10.

On 1.8  I haven't any problem.

I actually wasn't replying to you, that's a coincidence that we posted at the same day :D
I am using the latest game version which is 1.11 I suppose and downloaded the mod from the github link

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, heuhaufen2 said:

I don't know if you still respond but it doesn't seem to work. I'm on 1.12 but that shouldn't make a difference right? Only a few added parts are in the game but no revamps. Can anyone help?

How about posting a log file?  Rather difficult to debug something without any diagnostic info.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, AbsoluteHuman said:

Is this thread alive? Thanks god! Came here to report some bugs. The mod works as I can tell, but some fuel tanks have glitching textures:

Hide contents

e1Y7jDA.jpg

That's a clean install on a new save.

Apologies for the delayed response, but I've fixed this in my development, release coming very soon!

To those asking after Ven's Mk1-2 pod revamp...yeah, I like how it looks, too, but the windows are in a different place than the Mk1-3 IVA and I don't have the skill set to make a new IVA (or adjust the revamp model accordingly).  :(

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

The final major release of Ven's Stock Revamp is here!

V1.16.0 "Too Much Space In Space"

• Updated to new models and variants in KSP 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12.
    • No longer revamping RV-105 RCS thruster (Squad's revamps are fine enough, and Ven's model isn't set up to be flexible with variants)
    • RT-1 "Cricket", RT-2 "Grasshopper", and RockoMAX models (from Ven's new parts) are now also applied to the stock FM1 "Mite", F3S0 "Shrimp", and S2-33 "Clydesdale" respectively. The RT-1, RT-2, and RockoMAX are now marked as 'TechHidden'.
    • Ven's Mk 5 Strip Light is also now 'TechHidden' because there's a better striplight (that actually emits light!) in the stock game.
  • Renamed "Part Bin" subfolder to "PartBin", to accommodate Module Manager patches
  • Localized SpaceX-style landing leg (missed this one back in VSR 1.10)
  • Fixed Nose Cone Mk7 patch.
  • Fixed some config errors in LV-T15 "Dachsund" and LV-900 "Beagle" engines.
  • Fixed loading errors from IVA props. (Gated RPM modules behind "NEEDS" blocks, deleted unfinished models.)
  • Restored a few missing textures.
  • Fixed RT-20 "Sickle" model and adjusted node location accordingly.
  • Fixed model location on BACC Thumper.
  • Set up inventory configs for Ven's new parts.

Anyway to possibly make these parts standalone so it can be used in conjunction alongside Restock? I've got a few ideas how to approach this and I'm going to be taking a crack at it later tonight but just want to see if it was possible beforehand since...

f3f12b76ce99f9701452752e3c5c9642.jpg

It's possible to delete the "Squad" and "PathPatches" folders and just have Ven's new parts on their own, but otherwise I'm not aware of a good way to make VSR and Restock play nice together.  You could construct a patch that lets both Ven's and Nertea's variants coexist for fuel tanks and maybe probe cores, but that will be much more difficult or perhaps impossible for engines, RCS thrusters, and any other functional parts.

1 hour ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

It's possible to delete the "Squad" and "PathPatches" folders and just have Ven's new parts on their own, but otherwise I'm not aware of a good way to make VSR and Restock play nice together.  You could construct a patch that lets both Ven's and Nertea's variants coexist for fuel tanks and maybe probe cores, but that will be much more difficult or perhaps impossible for engines, RCS thrusters, and any other functional parts.

Think I see what you're saying, would it be possible to use just the models by themselves and apply entirely new configs to them so it's acting standalone from everything?

Edited by ArtemisAZ

On 9/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, ArtemisAZ said:

Think I see what you're saying, would it be possible to use just the models by themselves and apply entirely new configs to them so it's acting standalone from everything?

Should be.  The easiest way I can think to do this would be to start with just Ven's Stock Revamp, take the ModuleManager cache file to get the VSR-patched part configs, and then change all the part names to have 'VSR' on the end or whatever so they're "new parts".  Then delete the "VenStockRevamp/Squad/Data" subfolder (not the full Squad subfolder, or else all of Ven's models go away too!), the PathPatches folder, and then install Restock, and everything should probably not break.

I don't normal download mods that adds "New Parts" as I like the challenge of trying to make some cool with only stock parts. 

But Man! I love these textures and new models. It was the Lv-n (Nerva Engine), PPD 12  Cupola Window Shield doors and the docking ports bumper extenders from  Imgur  gallery to persuade me to download this and give it a try.  

I also Installed the Restock+, Both mods works together. I tried Restock, but it replaced 90% of Vens Stocks textures. Could it be possible to have a variant option for choosing different  textures within Restock? I did notice this on the Probodobodyne HECS (Checked other parts to see if this option was available but barley a few) where I could switch between restock and Vens- unknown.png

EDIT:

I was testing it out with Restock and Vens. A few of the parts have both models loaded in. landing struts and wheels and fuel duct and strut connector have both models loaded in and only the restock works while the Vens Stock is stationary.  unknown.png

Edited by MrStayPuft
Bug Update

3 hours ago, MrStayPuft said:

was testing it out with Restock and Vens.

Restock and Vens are not designed to be compatible with each other (as they are two different mods trying to achieve the same thing). You can remove Ven's stock patches and keep only the new parts if you want to have both nonetheless.

But yeah... this is hardly a "bug" that will be looked at.

• 3 weeks later...

@Kerbas_ad_astra Not sure if this has been reported or not, but the 2 'new' solar panels OX-2L & OX-4M are visually deployed in the VAB and upon launch. After launch (and in the VAB) the PAW is showing that the solar panels are retracted and they are not producing electricity. Here is the log, I'll try and post a pic if able.

Edit: Some quick notes, because I posted originally in a hurry..

This is on a completely stock 1.12.2 install minus VSR and necessary dependencies. I installed via CKAN and used the "Ven's New Parts" only; not the full VSR (not sure if this is relevant). By new solar panels I simply meant the additional solar panels that VSR added. I did not test this with any of the 'stock' VSR solar panels. Hopefully the picture helps better describe the issue that I'm seeing. I did end up launching a test rocket and the game did treat the solar panels as if they were retracted even thought they visually appear extended, ie they did not rip off in atmosphere. 

LoyVTTT.png

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

On 9/29/2021 at 2:33 PM, Stratickus said:

@Kerbas_ad_astra Not sure if this has been reported or not, but the 2 'new' solar panels OX-2L & OX-4M are visually deployed in the VAB and upon launch. After launch (and in the VAB) the PAW is showing that the solar panels are retracted and they are not producing electricity. Here is the log, I'll try and post a pic if able.

This is on a completely stock 1.12.2 install minus VSR and necessary dependencies. I installed via CKAN and used the "Ven's New Parts" only; not the full VSR (not sure if this is relevant). By new solar panels I simply meant the additional solar panels that VSR added. I did not test this with any of the 'stock' VSR solar panels. Hopefully the picture helps better describe the issue that I'm seeing. I did end up launching a test rocket and the game did treat the solar panels as if they were retracted even thought they visually appear extended, ie they did not rip off in atmosphere. 

Cheers,

I can confirm this on my fresh 1.12.2 install.

• 1 month later...

@Kerbas_ad_astra

Hi. I just want to inform you that, for whatever reason, models you edited (even by just changing names) somehow have their meshes broken. An example of this is the newest Bollard. Other parts with this are the Swivel, Reliant, Swivel and Poodle, and sure enough all of them were modified at some point, mostly in their fairing positions.

Now, if the game is otherwise stock, there are no problems apart from unintentionally bright highlights on the affected meshes. But with TU patches applied, these parts become pitch black, which is a real shame because the mod otherwise works very well with PBR.

eJw4JkZ.png

I do understand there's probably not much you could do, I imagine there's more to this than a few mesh export settings.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 4:33 PM, Stratickus said:

LoyVTTT.png

Cheers,

Just wanted to throw my hat in as well as someone who also experienced the same issue on a fresh install with no other mods.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.