[1.8 - 1.12.x] Distant Object Enhancement Continued v2.0.3.1 (29 September, 2021)

TheDarkBadger

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, Arco123 said:

Why do sunflares not work? it is because of a older version or are they supposed to work?

If you're thinking of what @VoidSquid posted then you're misunderstanding the DOE setting for "flares", which refer to sunlight reflecting off planets or spacecraft so you can see them in the night sky

Hello i recently download DOE from ckan along the stock config when i click and change settings they never apply for some reason any help ;d?

edit: it appears settings do save up only when u are at the space center and not in flight works fine now i am just too dumb :(

Edited by stammu
fixed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

This is one of those mods that I feel has been feature complete for quite a while. Thanks for maintaining it.

In fact, of course there are problems.
Displaying planets at a great distance is not correct. look at Kerbin. You will see that around something invisible Minmus revolves!

3 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

In fact, of course there are problems.
Displaying planets at a great distance is not correct. look at Kerbin. You will see that around something invisible Minmus revolves!

I have not seen this problem, could you provide a picture?

Which version of the mod are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @TheDarkBadger thanks for maintaining this mod. I do actually have a feature request for you.

If possible, can there be an option to enable Always On naming? There is one for when you mouse over the flares of planets, but I'd like to be able to keep the names on permanently for a project I'm working on.

Edit: To clarify I (personally) would like the same behaviour as mouseovers currently have (not working if the planet is not actively visible as a flare) but without the mouseover portion. But that's my preference, not your decision!

Thanks!

Edited by Moose

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One suggestion:

The intention with the DarkenSky class is that it can be used anywhere, even the main menu.  However, there's an issue with whenever it does something to GalaxyCubeControl.Instance.  The main menu version of the galaxy cube does not actually have GalaxyCubeControl.  It should look something like this instead:

public void Awake()
{
  restorableGalaxyCube = false;

DistantObjectSettings.LoadConfig();
  //suggested addition:
  if (HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.MAINMENU & GameObject.Find("GalaxyCube") != null)
  {
    GameObject.Find("GalaxyCube").AddComponent<GalaxyCubeControl>();
  }
  if (GalaxyCubeControl.Instance != null)
  {
    restorableGalaxyCube = true;
    galaxyColor = GalaxyCubeControl.Instance.maxGalaxyColor;
    glareFadeLimit = GalaxyCubeControl.Instance.glareFadeLimit;

if (DistantObjectSettings.SkyboxBrightness.changeSkybox)
    {
      GalaxyCubeControl.Instance.maxGalaxyColor = new Color(DistantObjectSettings.SkyboxBrightness.maxBrightness, DistantObjectSettings.SkyboxBrightness.maxBrightness, DistantObjectSettings.SkyboxBrightness.maxBrightness);
      GalaxyCubeControl.Instance.glareFadeLimit = 1f;
    }
  }
}

EDIT: Not advisable at the moment, discovered issues with this after further testing. 
EDIT 2:  Forget I ever said this.  This interferes with the loading of the Space Center scene.

Edited by shadowofneptune

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod breaks the lighting of skyboxes for me (I tried removing one-by-one a bunch of mods to see what was causing it, and it was this one).

Here's an example of a skybox broken by this mod:
3Mno07w.jpg

and here's what it should look like:
TaH2hWK.jpg

Thank you @TheDarkBadger for maintaining this great mod! Believe it of not, but at times I'm just sitting here and watch the time passing whilst I watch the starts, the planets, the vessels pass overhead in the night sky: "Hey, there's Duna, we've been visiting you, and we'll be back!" :) 

Edited by VoidSquid

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.