Editing the Texture of the Mun?

Hello, fellow rocketeers! I have an idea for a change I want to make for the Mun but I have no idea where to start and, in truth, have never even ventured into creating my own mods before. I don't want to change the height or landscape of anything itself, mainly just the color of certain parts. I want to paint an image on the Mun that is visible from Kerbin, but I'm not sure if that's even possible. And, even more difficult but not necessary, I'd like to make it so that the image is visible even if the Mun is in shadow, almost like it's glowing. Is any of that possible, or am I heck-outta-luck?

Your best bet would be to look at some of the mods that do this - see what they do. I know Sigma did some recolors way back here and there are some more recent ones though I can't recall their names. Unsure if they require Kopernicus.

The easiest way to modify planets is kopernicus, however it's still not updated for 1.8.1

We are working on updating it (mostly thomas actually), but there is no ETA

Having the image visible from kerbin would be possible, however getting it to glow is more difficult

Depending on what image you want, you could use the "glowing" feature from kopernicus expanded. But that will only work on 1.7.3 because it might not get updated to 1.8.1 at all

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.