What are you hoping for most

mcwaffles2003

What matters most to you? (pick 3 please)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What matters most to you? (pick 3 please)

• Realism
    • Performance improvements
    • Well thought out campaign
    • Modability
    • Graphics
    • Scale of the games universe
    • Variety of terrain
    • Multiplayer
    • Making kerbals more useful

One option I would like to see is more in game uses for the Kerbals.

They are good for backups for some features, planting flags, and the occasional sense of dread (or laughter) when you screw up. Outside of that, what else do they do? KSP1 has KAS, it expands their role, but what else could they do?

Just now, shdwlrd said:

One option I would like to see is more in game uses for the Kerbals.

They are good for backups for some features, planting flags, and the occasional sense of dread (or laughter) when you screw up. Outside of that, what else do they do? KSP1 has KAS, it expands their role, but what else could they do?

Very agreed, it's sad that aside from planting flags and sitting in labs theyre relatively unused when probes are much easier to send. Maybe adding a stock remote tech like system where there's signal delay could be helpful in making their usefulness to the forefront

added your suggestion 

7 minutes ago, Badlywrapdkebab said:

I would like to see science become more meaningful and necessary for further exploration. For example I don't want to know the atmospheric height and pressure of a planet until I've sent a probe there to find out.

Dude tell me about it...

made a thread a while ago about that specifically

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Very agreed, it's sad that aside from planting flags and sitting in labs theyre relatively unused when probes are much easier to send.

Exactly. There are things that the Kerbals can do that can fall under the player control, but then they can be shown constructing and/or adding to the colonies. Show them moving around the KSC in safe areas. (If there is such a thing in KSP.) Similar how they are shown in the SPH/VAB.

Show them actually doing something in the different modules for IVA views instead of them sitting there like dolls with random movements. Working on a terminal, talking to a crewmate or on a radio, trying to get some sleep, eating something.

The Kerbals have become such an endearing part of the game, but they're not life like. They are like puppets waiting for the puppet master to come a long.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Show them moving around the KSC in safe areas. (If there is such a thing in KSP.)

Under the flame trench? That is the safest place.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Working on a terminal, talking to a crewmate or on a radio, trying to get some sleep, eating something.

Sounds nice, apart from the eating bit. Unless we need food for kerbal life support, otherwise I don't want to see them eat. Chewing on fingernails is fine though.

38 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I'm surprised realism is at the bottom with as many "NO FTL ENGINES" and "NO WARP DRIVES" posts I've seen along with the "is that too far in the future tech?" posts

Adding realism is different than adding fiction - just because people don't want more realism in the game (which to me would be things like decaying orbits, part failures, complex life support, etc, which are all things which primarily increase busywork while playing) doesn't mean they want things which directly contradict known physics.

• 10 months later...