Matt Lowne’s entire channel has been copyright claimed

ProtoJeb21

8 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Yup, intermittent issues are a nightmare for whoever is trying to fix them, in any industry

But a pattern can be detected, and then you can rig the Acceptance Tests and call it a day. Once the product is kicked out through the door, it's not your problem anymore, it's Maintenance, not Development - get your Christmas Bonus and go enjoy life, am I right Muilenbur?

35 minutes ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

Status Update

Is there a tl;dr for those of us who can't watch YouTube at work? One that explains why he's still posting on YouTube would be appreciated.

From the comments it appears whatever the resolution, it was not to his satisfaction.

Edited by 5thHorseman

7 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Is there a tl;dr for those of us who can't watch YouTube at work?

• He's regained monetization of 53/55 of the copyright-claimed videos.
  • Though technically not under any non-disclosure agreement, he can't give away specific details of what he had to do to get videos back
    • Several "redactions" when Matt discussed the details of a backdoor.
  • Shout-out to Danny2462 for his help.
  • Official YouTube Audio Library now untrustworthy.
  • (APPARENTLY) No repercussions against the subhumans who screwed him over.
    • We won't know unless we force the full details - no matter what it takes.
  • Matt's not taking any further action

If you want to know my opinion on it, you might also want to know that I punched my desk lamp off and I was close to destroying my printer. 

Sony must suffer for what they did to Matt. I don't care if it was a third party who filed the claim; they're just as guilty of fraud if they kept a buggy copyright seeker on their payroll. 

WE WILL NOT FORGIVE

WE WILL NOT FORGET

Thank you for the recap. I suspected some of it based on the comments.

16 minutes ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

WE WILL NOT FORGIVE

WE WILL NOT FORGET

It seems though that Matt has forgiven, or perhaps forgotten. Unless he's also not going to use YouTube anymore after this video.

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

Matt has forgiven, or perhaps forgotten

Because of the "unofficial confidentiality agreement," we'll never know if he really did forgive Sony unless we force the details out.

Matt may forgive Sony for this heinous act, but I don't. The only way to prevent them from harming another innocent creator is to make them suffer big-time. It may not kill them (be cool if it did, though), but at least they'll have to think twice before abusing another copyright claim OR hiring a dirty copyright hunter.

8 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Unless he's also not going to use YouTube anymore after this video.

Where else ? Twitch ?

8 hours ago, Mars-Bound Hokie said:

Official YouTube Audio Library now untrustworthy.

Honestly it should be YouTube that's paying for these.

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I just know that if I was half as angry as everybody else here seems to be, I'd swear off the service that slighted me so.

Sadly I'm not really aware of any open alternatives on the English-speaking part of the internet other than YouTube...

(mind "english-speaking". elsewhere where they have no clue about english they have their own sites.)

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I don't know. I just know that if I was half as angry as everybody else here seems to be, I'd swear off the service that slighted me so.

I would do worse. I would still publishing there, but advertising on the publication that there are more places where you can see it. 

It's what Curiosity is doing. And I think it's hilarious that now and then an Ad from Vimeo is shown too.

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned Autocompletes

On 12/11/2019 at 5:56 AM, YNM said:

Where else ? Twitch ?

Honestly it should be YouTube that's paying for these.

that would be better, however they are a corporation that does not care about the consumer and forces the blame on content creators to save money.

Edit:referring to youtube paying for these incidents not twitch

Edited by Lapis

On 12/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Lapis said:

that would be better, however they are a corporation that does not care about the consumer and forces the blame on content creators to save money.

I'd find that ironic - There are music creators on YouTube as well, and YouTube might well single-handedly be the largest music distribution site ever.

I know of one other service that rather than leaving the licensing deals down to the creators, instead it is the service that's licensed to utilize any works. As a result, any original works uploaded there receives protection; on the other hand, derrivative works can always be attributed to their respective original work. Hence why a lot of people do covers of songs there.

And that site is mostly not in english - although it has some limited english interface.

EDIT : This is a long time since, but more insights on how YouTube copyright system actually works. Turns out the system I described does exists - it's just that there's no way to split the difference I suppose (since I guess they themselves don't get much, plus legals etc).

Edited by YNM
Adding a really good resource from definitely well-done piece with well-done research.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.