I shrunk a Kerbals head, what do you think ?

Triop

I'm not really a big fan of the Kerbals extremely big heads, it's not like they have a big brain or anything. . .

I would like to see the heads a bit smaller like this:

PO1uhuX.png

Doesn't that looks like a Kerbal who can actually do cool things ? :lol:

Original :

whD7eqS.png

Edited by Triop

If you also shorten the arms and shrink the boots, then grow the whole figure a little to match the seat, there will be a normal human cavalryman with curved legs and green face (maybe he's sick in zero-G, doesn't matter).

It would open the new era in KSP modding with normal human figures.

5 hours ago, Triop said:

I'm not really a big fan of the Kerbals extremely big heads, it's not like they have a big brain or anything. . .

I would like to see the heads a bit smaller like this:

Oh dear.  I'm sure that you're just trying to make Kerbals easier to fit inside your cars.  But now you're going to split KSP fandom into "big endians" and "little endians".  And that never ends well. :)  Besides being yet another scaling issue....

My comment was going to be “meh”, but the last time i did that, it mysteriously disappeared.  So,

It doesn’t really matter, as long as the whole herbal is the same size. I don't know if you’ve changed the model or just some fance photoshop, if the model, I’d atl least be curious how it works ingame

On 11/16/2019 at 9:42 AM, Triop said:

Looks out of proportion like the old sonic design from the Sonic Movie. If they tried to do a stunt with a rocket, they probably wouldn't be able to see beyond their neck piece on their space suit.

I do not think I'd know you'd made the change if you hadn't said it. I've been accused of being not very observant, though.

I can tell there IS a difference, but it's just not that big (pun!) of one to really get in my face.

Example: Before I read your text I just saw the two pictures, and thought they were 2 pictures of the same model.

Edited by 5thHorseman

On 11/17/2019 at 2:33 AM, kerbiloid said:

If you also shorten the arms and shrink the boots, then grow the whole figure a little to match the seat, there will be a normal human cavalryman with curved legs and green face (maybe he's sick in zero-G, doesn't matter).

It would open the new era in KSP modding with normal human figures.

If it isn't photoshop and it works in game...

I second this.

Peace.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, 5thHorseman said:

I do not think I'd know you'd made the change if you hadn't said it. I've been accused of being not very observant, though.

I can tell there IS a difference, but it's just not that big (pun!) of one to really get in my face.

Example: Before I read your text I just saw the two pictures, and thought they were 2 pictures of the same model.

Nice

I noticed the difference right away. It's kind of strange to look at after seeing big-headed Kerbals for so many years.

I personally quite like the "little green man with a big head" style of Kerbal. It's just the right amount of humorous proportions for me.

When I tried to realistically place Kerbal models aside in capsule replicas, I realized that a sitting Kerbal size matches a sitting human enough well.
That's nice, so keep I following human sizes in construction, not Kerbal ones, taking a Kerbal width equal to a human width.

But a standing Kerbal doesn't differ from a sitting Kerbal in height.
And when they are walking, it looks like South Park compared to the ship floors.

So standard human proportions (even with green face and popped eyes, let's presume that it's a hangover) would be very nice for realistic designs.

And the eyes a little bit higher. Otherwise even a sitting Kerbal needs a periscope where a real spacenaut doesn't.

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.