Prograde/retrograde buttons disappeared & can't place maneuvering nodes.

This seems to have been a savegame issue, as in looking back at my Mission Control, it's now un-upgraded (as are a couple other parts of the complex.) Re-upgrading them has seemed to do the trick for now. I'll follow up if the SG drops them again.

This is on 1.8.1.2694 on OSX. No mods. I'm playing a Science game from scratch. I upgraded my tracking station once and got the prograde/retrograde buttons next to the nav ball, but when I upgraded again, they disappeared and I can't create maneuvering nodes.

Being short on cash in the early game is always a problem in this mode, and I've never found that part of it to be much fun, so I modded my savegame, adding $5M. That is the only unusual thing about this game. However, the issues didn't start with the mod - they started with the tracking station upgrade

THanks.

Edited by foodini
Update w/ more info.

17 hours ago, foodini said:

Being short on cash in the early game is always a problem in this mode, and I've never found that part of it to be much fun, so I modded my savegame, adding $5M. That is the only unusual thing about this game. However, the issues didn't start with the mod - they started with the tracking station upgrade

Do you know the ingame debug/cheat menu? In Mac is something like ALT+FN+F12= Debug , but maybe have to google that.

You can add money, you can upgrade buildings, science points, everything.And without mods!Maybe something there will fix your problem!

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.