A note to all

4 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

The game will receive updates after release, which means that more cool stuff may be coming than you expect.

Remember the game isn't developed by Squad this time,and it will probably not be treated as an indie game like KSP and even with KSP we have seen some (Highly requested features...IM LOOKING AT YOU STOCK PROPELLERS!!)get paywalled

I guess time will tell how T2 and Star theory aproaches post launch content

2 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Remember the game isn't developed by Squad this time,and it will probably not be treated as an indie game like KSP and even with KSP we have seen some (Highly requested features...IM LOOKING AT YOU STOCK PROPELLERS!!)get paywalled

I guess time will tell how T2 and Star theory aproaches post launch content

Given they are setting a price that is higher than most people have paid for stock and all DLC they better deliver a fair amount of content.

That said modern US accounting basically requires them to DLC us once a year to even keep staff on the project.

18 minutes ago, mattinoz said:

Given they are setting a price that is higher than most people have paid for stock and all DLC they better deliver a fair amount of content.

That said modern US accounting basically requires them to DLC us once a year to even keep staff on the project.

Well a stock Kolonization, Extraplanetary Launchpad, Near Future and Interstellar with the organization and polish of a professional studio (and a single design philosophy and hopefully no placeholder things becoming "the Kerbal style"), an optimized rewrite of the code and an organic and well thought gameplay it's what I'd call "a fair amount of content" for that price.

Honestly it's beyond my wildest dreams (I always hoped for some mayor studio to do a AA game on the KSP idea, never dared to hope that game to be an actual KSP sequel).

When you buy something you should never take into account what "might come" and people "might do". Experience has shown that companies always make promises and quickly ignore those promises and say "we didn't say that", or "well it's not exactly how we said it, if you read the words carefully....".

Don't overpay just because you're a "fan", pay for what is -- now.

15 hours ago, paul23 said:

When you buy something you should never take into account what "might come" and people "might do". Experience has shown that companies always make promises and quickly ignore those promises and say "we didn't say that", or "well it's not exactly how we said it, if you read the words carefully....".

Agreed.  One only has to look on Fallout76 or Anthem recently.  Both games promised a lot of future content...
We all know how that went, unfortunately.

22 hours ago, paul23 said:

To be fair, Squad actually delivered on that. If you purchased prior to that date in 2013, you've gotten everything so far "for free". Even for those who didn't, there's been 8 major releases since 1.0.x dropped, adding quite a bit of functionality, and basically funded by others who bought after each of us did - whenever y'all came aboard. At most, they've brought in $45M from KSP, and that's funded a development studio for the better part of 8 years.

T2 and Star Theory aren't Squad, so I expect KSP2 is going to have a more traditional development and release cycle, with paid DLC and no freebies, and a higher price point. Which is fairly justified, given that it's a major professional studio and developer, with properly-funded QA, marketing, and graphics and UI/UX designers. Not saying Squad's team aren't Pros - many of them are and I don't know all their backgrounds. Just saying that there's a big difference in resources and sometimes in experience between a 20 person outfit, and a 200+ person company. I'll miss what's gone before, because Squad's team has been very responsive, passionate, and dedicated to the community - a community which by and large is not shy about being vocal, critical, and/or demanding. They all deserve a medal for what they've managed to deliver over 8 years, and all the flak and crap they took over it. And T2 has, so far, been really hands-off other than taking some highly-criticized steps to protect their IP and their investment. While KSP has always been in need of more optimization, what was delivered for most of us at a cost of $25 or less was well worth the cost. Unless you're on console, and then you probably have a bunch of legitimate gripes.

@paul23 - these are general comments, not aimed at you in particular.

Edited by panarchist