SABS_IVA: MAS-enabled IVA configs for stock command modules

SingABrightSong

Once upon a time, I started an IVA-only playthrough, which was strongly disrupted by the lack of interactive IVAs for the stock parts, and the lack of MAS IVAs in general. Having found none suitable, I recalled a certain maxim: "Be the change you wish to see in the world."  Thusly, I set out to make my own. These may not be the prettiest or most well-planned cockpits imaginable, but they exist now, and that's good enough for me.

Obligatory screenshots:

Spoiler

EbUhh8H.png

eCOm6rY.png

fKAuhrV.png

8rkeTWv.png

uXoYzKy.png

WiUez2g.png

1F2feYJ.png

JVKyoUC.png

EIfzY7G.png

OZdvdYS.png

OHCleKH.png

89LPOMx.png

RYvcAOL.png

C6XKf0D.png

Q8NN8q9.png

Download from GitHub: https://github.com/SingABrightSong/SABS_IVA/releases

Depends on MOARdV's Avionics System, for obvious reasons. Not included.

Edited by SingABrightSong
Added screenshot for new Mk3 Cockpit

Very cool.  One recommendation I would like to make - the instruments in the IVA can be illuminated to make them easier to read.  For that, you have two options.  First, add the prop MAS_sw_Rotary_InstrumentLight to the IVA somewhere - this gives the player the ability to adjust the brightness of the instruments.

Or, the easy fix: in the patches for the cockpits, change

MODULE 
{
	name = MASFlightComputer
}

to this:

MODULE 
{
	name = MASFlightComputer

PERSISTENT_VARIABLES
	{
		Backlight=1
	}
}

That enables the backlight on all instruments so that they're easy to read in the dark.

8 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Very cool.  One recommendation I would like to make - the instruments in the IVA can be illuminated to make them easier to read.  For that, you have two options.  First, add the prop MAS_sw_Rotary_InstrumentLight to the IVA somewhere - this gives the player the ability to adjust the brightness of the instruments.

Or, the easy fix: in the patches for the cockpits, change

MODULE 
{
	name = MASFlightComputer
}

to this:

MODULE 
{
	name = MASFlightComputer

PERSISTENT_VARIABLES
	{
		Backlight=1
	}
}

That enables the backlight on all instruments so that they're easy to read in the dark.

Many thanks! I've gone ahead and added your suggested tweak, as well as pushed the now-finished IVA for the Mk3 Cockpit. Additionally, I've made an IVA for the Probe Control Room mod, but I'm uncertain that PCR will run properly without RasterPropMonitor being installed.

6 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

Many thanks! I've gone ahead and added your suggested tweak, as well as pushed the now-finished IVA for the Mk3 Cockpit. Additionally, I've made an IVA for the Probe Control Room mod, but I'm uncertain that PCR will run properly without RasterPropMonitor being installed.

Curious because I'm super excited someone took the initiative and made MAS IVAs, did you add the light knob to the IVAs or pre-set everything to full illumination?

15 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

I have been trying to use PCR recently with another IVA pack, DE_IVA and it hasn't been working correctly. You can find my struggles with it here and on the comments below it:

It has many issues surrounding RPM and custom patches among other things.

I'll check out these cockpits once I have access to my PC.

Edited by RocketSimplicity

1 minute ago, Krakatoa said:

Curious because I'm super excited someone took the initiative and made MAS IVAs, did you add the light knob to the IVAs or pre-set everything to full illumination?

Full illumination, for now, but I intend to add the light knob once I get more data on what other instruments people would like to see.

My hero! just that i was in need! Thank you!

In fact, i was planning to do the same, since RPM will not be updated, i was planning to get unity to learn to make ivas for MAS, but is hard for me since my job have nothing to do with this, is just for fun and will take me a lot of time! 

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.