What kind of missiles and how to build them are best?

So, yeah. I want the know how to build a missile that includes target functionality. Like you double click on something and it pulls up a target sas mode. I need an atmospheric and space faring version. Can both take down a building. (Any.) 

I'm quite new only 130-ish hours on KSP and I want this for my Kethane Wars video.  Don't care how big. Make some physic-bug ones if you want and make sure it can fit in a 1.25 meter hull or mk2 payload. (Full size.) 

16 hours ago, Arco123 said:

I want the know how to build a missile that includes target functionality.

There's not any sort of guided-missile functionality in the game.  SAS does have a mode for "hold :targetpro:" that will keep you pointed directly at the target, but that's not good enough if you actually want to hit the target because you have to worry about your lateral motion relative to the target.  There's nothing built in to the game that will give you that.

There are, however, mods that are designed to support more military-style vessels, i.e. being able to target and shoot things.  However, that would be a question better addressed over in Add-on Discussions, since it's not about the stock game.

7 hours ago, Snark said:

There's not any sort of guided-missile functionality in the game.  SAS does have a mode for "hold :targetpro:" that will keep you pointed directly at the target, but that's not good enough if you actually want to hit the target because you have to worry about your lateral motion relative to the target.  There's nothing built in to the game that will give you that.

There are, however, mods that are designed to support more military-style vessels, i.e. being able to target and shoot things.  However, that would be a question better addressed over in Add-on Discussions, since it's not about the stock game.

I know that, I just want missiles that can hold their own. I'm not into modding yet. Still only at 141 hours and I want to get to know the game and get the Dlcs when I'm ready. I just need missiles that can easily be detached and are very effective in destroying anything without worrying about it veering off coruce with the target sas on.  (I have to admit.  I don't know how to mod. Too dumb. I would love it if you can guide me to the right direction though. Steam version. I want to install scatter but I have now idea where to start.) 

27 minutes ago, Arco123 said:

I would love it if you can guide me to the right direction though.

This little tutorial should help:

As for missiles, there really isn't a "reliable" stock missile.  I mean, you can easily build one, but it might not always end up where you think it should.   Kerbals, ya'no?  You might want to look up the BDarmory (or what the current version is calling itself these days) mod.   Sound about what you are looking for. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.