CYBERTRUCK!!!

Nightside

20 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Imagine ironically designing this just to take the pi‍ss out of your workmates but they actually take it seriously and you get a raise for it

Here is what I imagined when reading all those Tweets and Reddit posts about people's first reaction to Cybertruck:

AxQbZqk.jpg

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

Having touched a Tesla and experienced their manufacturing standards first hand, it looks like you could cut yourself on this thing pretty bad.

There is a good sub about this topic: r/RealTesla

Those last days were a bit marked by some "excrementsposting" under the "Fecal Friday" flair for the revelation of Cybertruck, but otherwise it can be a pretty decent source of number and studies regarding Tesla.

Regarding safety stats', another website is gathering the declared incidents and/or accidents involving a Tesla's vehicle. Note that it includes external causes as well, totally independent from a Tesla product.

Know what? Let’s face it. I have no idea what you are talking about. Reason? China. Why? Firewall.

Spoiler

Yes, I know vpn, but it was on my laptop, which had a meltdown meaning that the data for the nord vpn app was lost, and I can’t redownload it as you need a vpn to access the nord vpn website where you get the nordvpn app from *sigh* get me out of here

anyone know any possibly not blocked places where I can get nordvpn for windows?

yes that also means that I get to miss out on the whole Matt Lowne and Sony thing aaaaaaa

help

19 hours ago, Canopus said:

Having touched a Tesla and experienced their manufacturing standards first hand, it looks like you could cut yourself on this thing pretty bad.

Huh, I've touched several, and been in one a few times driving. They're great. Course most all the people I know have new ones (a couple Xs, several 3s). Maybe they used to be rougher? The 3 I have been in the most feels like sitting in any car I'm used to (and I'm used to BMWs and Rovers, cause those are what I drive)---except the acceleration, even the beemer in sport mode doesn't feel like the Model 3 when punched... wow, they are fast.

20 hours ago, Canopus said:

I own a Model 3. Have for going on 5 months now. I drive it to work every day. Cuts received: 0. Manufacturing complaints: 0.

@tater@IncongruousGoat 

The Teslas i have seen all have these big gaps between their paneling on the outside. And since this one has obvious edges i was making a joke about how you‘re going to cut yourself.

glad you guys have fun with Teslas though they don‘t seem like Cars i‘d spent my money on.

Edited by Canopus

8 minutes ago, Canopus said:

@tater@IncongruousGoat 

The Teslas i have seen all have these big gaps between their paneling on the outside. And since this one has obvious edges i was making a joke about how you‘re going to cut yourself.

glad you guys have fun with Teslas though they don‘t seem like Cars i‘d spent my money on.

I think I had read that about that in the past, perhaps they have fixed that issue? I only know the few I have been in, or seen up close. I know people who own a total of maybe 7 of them (a couple have 2 that I know of), they all like them so far.

I'm not one to buy a car sight unseen, so until I see one in person, I'll reserve judgement.

Luckily with an electric there will be no need to go underneath it and work on it (or even to borrow my neighbor's lift and stand under it).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.