Mods that we have now as stock parts in ksp2

Should mods that we have now be stock parts in ksp2  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should mod parts right now be stock in ksp2

• Yes bruh
    • Nope

23 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Which mod?

Same question, which mods? There are over 70 different parts mods that I know of. You'll need to be a bit more specific, or rephrase your question.

Edited by shdwlrd

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:
6 hours ago, burn boi said:

So this is self explanatory, agreed?

Which mod?

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:
1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Which mod?

Same question, which mods? There are over 70 different parts mods that I know of. You'll need to be a bit more specific, or rephrase your question.

alright I changed it to POPULAR mods that we know and like

8 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

A lot more than that.

6 hours ago, burn boi said:

alright I changed it to POPULAR mods that we know and like

Which ones?  I can easily thing of a half dozen popular parts mods.

Ignoring the legal issues, from a cosmetic perspective they don't all match, so you would be faced with a mishmash of styles again.

Legalities can be negotiated with the authors.  Styles cannot

I'd love to see the common non-parts mods become part of the base game.  The stuff in KER, for example, has been gradually trickling into KSP1, and that's great.  Better visuals seem to be coming already, from what we've seen.

OTOH, the game is already pretty overwhelming for new players in sandbox mode: just so many parts.  When you start adding parts mods, it gets nuts.  This is why I would love procedural-height fuel tanks and wings, as it would cull the part count back down without changing the "Lego spaceship" nature of KSP. 

I'd really like to see RSS as a DLC.  Of all the ways to "monetize" KSP, new star systems, especially our own, is the one I'd like best.

1 hour ago, Skorj said:

OTOH, the game is already pretty overwhelming for new players in sandbox mode: just so many parts.  When you start adding parts mods, it gets nuts.  This is why I would love procedural-height fuel tanks and wings, as it would cull the part count back down without changing the "Lego spaceship" nature of KSP. 

I feel like this could be solved simply with just some better organization of the parts list. 

Maybe organize by size (0.625,1.25,etc..), for tanks also by what they hold (Fuel, Fuel/ox,etc..)

The ability to sort engines not only by size, but also by weight, ISP, or thrust would be very helpful

Drop down lists to select categories within categories might be helpful as well. 

It's sad when "certain" websites have better sorting methods than this game :p

Edited by mcwaffles2003

Nope.

Mod authors are great and without them the game would have been dead years ago, but I prefer to have a different implementation of the same idea based on the official art style and gameplay rather than a 1:1 port of a mod.

Just like the spaceport system will not be a Extraplanetary Launchpads port or the colonization system will not be MKS.

16 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Maybe organize by size (0.625,1.25,etc..), for tanks also by what they hold (Fuel, Fuel/ox,etc..)

Hmmm.

It sounds like you're not familiar with 'Advanced Mode' on the parts list in the VAB or SPH.

In case that is true, I will mention how to access it and some of the features.

At the very top left of the screen in either editor you will see an arrow.  If you hover the mouse over it, it says 'Enable advanced mode'.

Advanced mode gives the ability to filter by profile, resource, manufacturer and other categories as well as the subassembly interface and the ability to create 'Custom categories'.

Happy landings!

6 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Hmmm.

It sounds like you're not familiar with 'Advanced Mode' on the parts list in the VAB or SPH.

In case that is true, I will mention how to access it and some of the features.

At the very top left of the screen in either editor you will see an arrow.  If you hover the mouse over it, it says 'Enable advanced mode'.

Advanced mode gives the ability to filter by profile, resource, manufacturer and other categories as well as the subassembly interface and the ability to create 'Custom categories'.

Happy landings!

Or is and thinks it could do much better.