[1.12+] Less Real Than Real(ism) - RP-1 With Less 'R' [v2.0.6]

Pehvbot

57 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

Word of warning:  KCT is fully integrated with LRTR (as it is with RP-1), so deleting it will break other things as well.   You'll need to replace it once you are done testing.

Beyond that, there's nothing else in LRTR that touches launches.  What happens if you remove LRTR entirely?

I removed LRTR and the issue is still happening, I don't know what happened because  haven't added any mods since downloading this one. Right now i'm trying to reinstall KK to see if that fixes the issue

16 hours ago, Wheat Bread said:

Is this mod compatible with Kerbal Konstructs, because i've tried to launch from a kk pad and it always spawns me on the KSC launch pad

Perfectly compatible. KK has some bugs preventing you from launching on custom launch pads, when you use spaces or underlines on the base name. Keep to naming them only with alpha-numeric characters. Also, when you launch, use the vanilla launchsite switcher (the arrow bellow the green launch button). That's what I am doing and it's working (I don't have KCT installed)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, eagleswing12 said:

Hey, how do you recover something to the VAB? I've been trying to reuse boosters and I don't get the option to. Is there some way I could do this, or merge something in the VAB? I don't see an option for either. 

It depends.  Aircraft (things launched from the runway) should be recoverable right away, rockets launched from a launchpad needs one of the techtree nodes unlocked.  I don't remember off the top of my head but it's one of the middle/late era aircraft nodes, Space Shuttles maybe.   You should always be able to recover an unlaunched vessel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 6:29 PM, eagleswing12 said:

Hey, KCT here is broken. Even in a sandbox, you can't recover anything to the VAB. It is literally impossible unless you just launched. I think this should be fixed.

Yep, it's broken, along with a few other things for the same reason.  I made some changes to the tech tree a while ago but didn't update this setting so launchpad recovery is set to a tech node that no longer even exists.  I'll post a fix as soon as I can.   Thanks for letting me know, reports like this are very useful.  It helped me fix a few other problems as well.

Version 2.0.7 is now available.

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTR/releases/tag/v2.0.7

This fixes tech tree issues with Kerbal Construction Time launchpad recovery as well as a tech tree fixes for MechJeb, RealFuel-Stock, and Procedural Fairings.  It should now be possible to recover vessels launched from a launchpad once you have researched Spaceplanes Era Materials Science.

• 3 months later...

Hello,
I've been trying for several days to find a mod configuration that suits me and I can't.
I'm looking to play with Real Solar System (Without Realism Overhaul), Kerbalism, Mechjeb2 and a mod allowing me to leave Earth orbit easily.
After several researches I was recommended SMURFF and LRTR.
Concerning SMURFF it is officially not supported by version 1.12 of KSP and I would prefer to play with LRTR because it adds experiments to be carried out which are even closer to a level of realism without increasing the difficulty. But it's not that simple: Using LRTR with Kerbalism and its Kerbalism Config (LRTR) mod:

1. Pods are not automatically supplied with oxygen, water and food and it's a pain to add "tanks slots" and configure how much of each I want
  2. I have to add the Mechjeb module (present in the control elements) on each rocket that I want to control with Mechjeb, I cannot get it to be integrated on each probe and ship like the mod does without LRTR

Are these known bugs and is there a way to do what I want: Playing with the Real Solar System mod without RO and with Kerbalism and a mod allowing me to change the motor values to match the size of the solar system?

22 hours ago, Leor said:

Hello,
I've been trying for several days to find a mod configuration that suits me and I can't.
I'm looking to play with Real Solar System (Without Realism Overhaul), Kerbalism, Mechjeb2 and a mod allowing me to leave Earth orbit easily.
After several researches I was recommended SMURFF and LRTR.
Concerning SMURFF it is officially not supported by version 1.12 of KSP and I would prefer to play with LRTR because it adds experiments to be carried out which are even closer to a level of realism without increasing the difficulty. But it's not that simple: Using LRTR with Kerbalism and its Kerbalism Config (LRTR) mod:

1. Pods are not automatically supplied with oxygen, water and food and it's a pain to add "tanks slots" and configure how much of each I want
  2. I have to add the Mechjeb module (present in the control elements) on each rocket that I want to control with Mechjeb, I cannot get it to be integrated on each probe and ship like the mod does without LRTR

Are these known bugs and is there a way to do what I want: Playing with the Real Solar System mod without RO and with Kerbalism and a mod allowing me to change the motor values to match the size of the solar system?

Hmm... you should be getting 1 day of consumables per seat for any crewed part.  Do you have a mod that is adding the ability to add consumables directly to a part?   It might be playing with existing resources on parts.  NOTE:  This is just a guess though since I don't know of any mods that do this.

I didn't add MechJeb by default on purpose but there's a fairly simple mod out there that should add it in (MechJeb for All maybe?).

Edited by Pehvbot

3 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

Hmm... you should be getting 1 day of consumables per seat for any crewed part.  Do you have a mod that is adding the ability to add consumables directly to a part?   It might be playing with existing resources on parts.  NOTE:  This is just a guess though since I don't know of any mods that do this.

I didn't add MechJeb by default on purpose but there's a fairly simple mod out there that should add it in (MechJeb for All maybe?).

Ok, I got it.

I had the mod "real fuels" installed and it was messing up with the tanks and the ability to add resources (water, oxygen and food) to a pod with LRTR. But I didn't noticed it because I played a lot with this mod and with Kerbalism in stock KSP with it's default config and it was working just fine !

What's the difference then ? How to play LRTR with realfuels and is it recommended with RSS ? Because I'm wondering if it's also messing up the Δv of my rockets.

Concerning mechjeb you were right, I tried to install the mod "Mechjeb for all" and it resolves my "problem" which wasn't a real one but it was annoying.

Thank's a lot for your answer, I just waked up this thread and you are still helping on your mod, that's really cool !

Edited by Leor
correction of a typo

On 10/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, Leor said:

Ok, I got it.

I had the mod "real fuels" installed and it was messing up with the tanks and the ability to add resources (water, oxygen and food) to a pod with LRTR. But I didn't noticed it because I played a lot with this mod and with Kerbalism in stock KSP with it's default config and it was working just fine !

What's the difference then ? How to play LRTR with realfuels and is it recommended with RSS ? Because I'm wondering if it's also messing up the Δv of my rockets.

Concerning mechjeb you were right, I tried to install the mod "Mechjeb for all" and it resolves my "problem" which wasn't a real one but it was annoying.

Thank's a lot for your answer, I just waked up this thread and you are still helping on your mod, that's really cool !

Honestly I'm not sure.  One of the 'joys' of KSP dev work, especially one that uses so many other mods, is they are all moving targets.  It's entirely possible that RealFuels has made changes that break compatibility LRTR.  Unfortunately I now longer have the bandwidth to keep up with KSP stuff.

If RealFuels isn't looking for the LRTR specific Kerbalism config, it may just assume Kerbalism isn't installed at all, so it won't be adding in standard supplies.

This is something that could likely be fixed but I have no idea when I would have time to look at this.  I know it kind of sucks but this basically means you would need to remove Real Fuels, Kerbalism, or LRTR.   At least for now.  I haven't abandoned KSP entirely so at some point I hope to have both the time and the mental energy to go through and fix issues like this.

One fun but sometimes frustrating option is to dive into KSP modding yourself!  The learning curve is steep but it can be done if you take it step by step.  Most modders started by either trying to fix something they liked but didn't work, or adding in features they wanted but didn't exist.  LRTR was a bit of both since I wanted to play 'stock' parts in the real solar system and the options at the time didn't really work for me.  In general if you can play KSP you can learn to mod KSP.

Excellent mod! 

One question: Standalone downloadable KCT currently integrates with ScrapYard (and stage recovery, etc.) to reduce build times, and I don't see that functionality in LRTR's version of KCT.

Is that intended?  Not seeing anything about this on the OP.

If so, is there an easy config to splice to/from the standalone KCT to bring that functionality together with LRTR?

Thanks!

Do the interplanetary contracts work with the 2.5x stock system?  The ones on kerbin all work fine but I'm noticing only IRL names in most of the contracts (Mars, Venus etc)

Edit: Seems like this is easily fixed by mass replacing in the contract files, for example targetBody = Moon to targetBody = Mun. 

Edited by Markush100

22 hours ago, Aonova said:

Excellent mod! 

One question: Standalone downloadable KCT currently integrates with ScrapYard (and stage recovery, etc.) to reduce build times, and I don't see that functionality in LRTR's version of KCT.

Is that intended?  Not seeing anything about this on the OP.

If so, is there an easy config to splice to/from the standalone KCT to bring that functionality together with LRTR?

Thanks!

I wouldn't say 'intended' but it is because LRTR using the RP-1 (old version) branch of KCT which does not integrate with ScrapYard.  Unfortunately there's no good work around.  It needs those RP-1 features and it's just too different to try and work ScrapYard back into this version of KCT.   At some point I would like to revisit all of this, but I just don't have the time or energy to do a full rewrite.

4 hours ago, Markush100 said:

Do the interplanetary contracts work with the 2.5x stock system?  The ones on kerbin all work fine but I'm noticing only IRL names in most of the contracts (Mars, Venus etc)

Edit: Seems like this is easily fixed by mass replacing in the contract files, for example targetBody = Moon to targetBody = Mun. 

Sadly no.  It's theoretically possible to adjust all the contracts but they are all hard coded so it would mean a complete rewrite of all those contracts.  This is another case of using the original RP-1 code (see above).  The mod will work in KSRSS, which is 2.5x,  if that helps. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.