Pehvbot

[1.8.1] Less Real Than Real(ism) - RP-1 With Less 'R' [v1.2]

18 hours ago, FabioofSpace said:

So, I got 12 errors all originating from the rescale.cfg. Here are the logs and mod list in a file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCnLgO3mv4Lx7lRr1MJtmh0b1o7ARZpd/view?usp=sharing

It looks like it's coming from the SSTU mod for the SC-ENG-SRB-A and SC-ENG-SRB-U parts.  It's because the cfg file for these parts is slightly misconfigured (the upgrades don't define the maximum thrust for each upgrade).  This is probably fine for stock installs but when you try to adjust the thrust for RSS, it fails. 

A quick and dirty fix is to exclude these parts from rescaling by adding this to a custom .cfg file (if you are not sure how to do this let me know).  They won't be useable but it shouldn't affect anything else. 

@PART[SSTU-SC-ENG-SRB-A|SSTU-SC-ENG-SRB-U]:BEFORE[zLRTR]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTagNotRescaled
	}
}

I'll add the proper fix for this in the next update.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:34 AM, FabioofSpace said:

So, I got 12 errors all originating from the rescale.cfg. Here are the logs and mod list in a file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCnLgO3mv4Lx7lRr1MJtmh0b1o7ARZpd/view?usp=sharing

So I've been digging into the SSTU mod a bit.  It uses a bunch of custom modules internally.  In particular it uses a module that 'builds' some parts out of several models, so you can change the look or features of a part in the VAB.

The rescaler can't adjust the size of these internal models which means these parts won't rescale properly.  The parts will look like they have gaps in them and won't be the right size.  There may be other issues with this mod as well. 

Unfortunately this means either not using the mod or using SMURFF.  If you install SMURFF, it will disable the rescaler and (hopefully) adjust all the installed mods to work at Kerbal size at RSS scale.

I just started playing LRTR (with Kopernicus Bleeding Edge on 1.10.1) and so far I love it, but I have a few questions/issues:

1. I see this in my log:
    [LRTR]: Patching failed: with error , exception System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/home/boris/Games/KSP/KSP_linux/GameData/LRTR/pluginData/Screens'.
      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) [0x000f7] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].HandleError (System.Int32 hr, System.String path) [0x00006] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].CommonInit () [0x00054] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource]..ctor (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1[TSource] resultHandler, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x000d6] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.CreateFileNameIterator (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00009] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames (System.String path, System.String userPathOriginal, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x0001c] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles (System.String searchPattern) [0x0000e] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
      at LRTR.LoadingScreenChanger.Update () [0x00084] in <7e7701d9b5df4cf584cc5ed415df92ff>:0 

Is that a problem? (I do get some crashes, but I don't think it's related to this. Full Player.log just in case.)

2. How is Mechjeb tied into the tech tree and facility upgrades? Is that a question for LRTR or for RO/RP-1?

3. KCT is not working as I am used to, no faster building with recovered parts, etc. Is that expected behaviour? Does it have something to do with the LRTR config for KCT, did this originate in RO/RP-1? (I read the KCT guide but I cannot figure out what the LRTR formulas do.)

Thanks!

23 hours ago, boribori said:

I just started playing LRTR (with Kopernicus Bleeding Edge on 1.10.1) and so far I love it, but I have a few questions/issues:

1. I see this in my log:

[LRTR]: Patching failed: with error , exception System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/home/boris/Games/KSP/KSP_linux/GameData/LRTR/pluginData/Screens'.
      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) [0x000f7] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].HandleError (System.Int32 hr, System.String path) [0x00006] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].CommonInit () [0x00054] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource]..ctor (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.IO.SearchResultHandler`1[TSource] resultHandler, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x000d6] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.CreateFileNameIterator (System.String path, System.String originalUserPath, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00009] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames (System.String path, System.String userPathOriginal, System.String searchPattern, System.Boolean includeFiles, System.Boolean includeDirs, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption, System.Boolean checkHost) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, System.IO.SearchOption searchOption) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x0001c] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles (System.String searchPattern) [0x0000e] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
      at LRTR.LoadingScreenChanger.Update () [0x00084] in <7e7701d9b5df4cf584cc5ed415df92ff>:0 

Is that a problem? (I do get some crashes, but I don't think it's related to this. Full Player.log just in case.)

2. How is Mechjeb tied into the tech tree and facility upgrades? Is that a question for LRTR or for RO/RP-1?

3. KCT is not working as I am used to, no faster building with recovered parts, etc. Is that expected behaviour? Does it have something to do with the LRTR config for KCT, did this originate in RO/RP-1? (I read the KCT guide but I cannot figure out what the LRTR formulas do.)

Thanks!

1) I never tested this on a Linux box.  If I had to guess I would say it's a case-sensitivity error.  If the Linux version is case sensitive, it's looking for pluginData rather than the existing PluginData.  Try changing the name of the file '/home/boris/Games/KSP/KSP_linux/GameData/LRTR/PluginData' to (lower case p) pluginData.  If that works please let me know and I'll fix it in the next version.

2) This is from me.  It comes from the LRTR/support/mechjeb.cfg file and follows the 'avionics' branch of the tech tree.  If you use a different tech tree it disables these.  Did you want an 'always complete' mechjeb?  I never use it so I just added barebones support.  It should be pretty easy to change the cfg to make fully active a config option.

3) Yep, that's the way it was set up.  It uses a slightly modified version of the RP-1 config.  Although it's hard coded to load this by default, you can definitely change it back to the KCT stock, or any other version by right clicking on the KCT ribbon icon and opening up the settings.  One thing to note though, the stock config is is set up for Kerbin timescales rather than Earth timescales.

1 hour ago, Pehvbot said:

1) I never tested this on a Linux box.  If I had to guess I would say it's a case-sensitivity error.  If the Linux version is case sensitive, it's looking for pluginData rather than the existing PluginData.  Try changing the name of the file '/home/boris/Games/KSP/KSP_linux/GameData/LRTR/PluginData' to (lower case p) pluginData.  If that works please let me know and I'll fix it in the next version.

2) This is from me.  It comes from the LRTR/support/mechjeb.cfg file and follows the 'avionics' branch of the tech tree.  If you use a different tech tree it disables these.  Did you want an 'always complete' mechjeb?  I never use it so I just added barebones support.  It should be pretty easy to change the cfg to make fully active a config option.

3) Yep, that's the way it was set up.  It uses a slightly modified version of the RP-1 config.  Although it's hard coded to load this by default, you can definitely change it back to the KCT stock, or any other version by right clicking on the KCT ribbon icon and opening up the settings.  One thing to note though, the stock config is is set up for Kerbin timescales rather than Earth timescales.

1. Yes, that was it! And some of those screen texts were actually quite helpful :) Thanks!
  2. I found the tree config and now I know what to research first. I initially thought I couldn't get any rockets in the air just because I hadn't played early career in ages and wasn't used to launching without ascension guidance. Now however I fear it is because of FAR. When you start there seems no possibility to build an aerodynamic rocket. The only option seems to be the Stayputnik. Is that correct?
  3. I first want to play LRTR as it was intended before I start changing too much, but eventually I will probably want to write my own KCT formulas. Do you have a document somewhere that explains what your formulas do? I find this document https://github.com/magico13/KCT/wiki/Preset-Formulas-and-Math-Parser-Documentation very difficult to read.

7 minutes ago, boribori said:
  1. Yes, that was it! And some of those screen texts were actually quite helpful :) Thanks!
  2. I found the tree config and now I know what to research first. I initially thought I couldn't get any rockets in the air just because I hadn't played early career in ages and wasn't used to launching without ascension guidance. Now however I fear it is because of FAR. When you start there seems no possibility to build an aerodynamic rocket. The only option seems to be the Stayputnik. Is that correct?
  3. I first want to play LRTR as it was intended before I start changing too much, but eventually I will probably want to write my own KCT formulas. Do you have a document somewhere that explains what your formulas do? I find this document https://github.com/magico13/KCT/wiki/Preset-Formulas-and-Math-Parser-Documentation very difficult to read.

1) Glad it worked!  I'll fix it for the next version.

2) Yes, in stock, the stayputnik is the only option.  Really, the only starting option in stock is a stayputnik with a small SRB and some fins.  I call it my 'bottle rocket' era :-) 

I never tested it with FAR and it's not clear to me how rescaled aerodynamic parts will work.  I'll add it to my 'things to test' pile.  You could play with the number/placement of fins and adjust the thrust of the SRB motor so see if you can get a viable rocket.

If you want some more flexibility you can add Completely Non-Aggressive Rocketry.  It gives you a V-2 like rocket from the start and works well with the mod.

3) KCT configs are a bit black magic to me.  I took this directly from the RP-1 folks and I modded it a bit for LRTR.  You will likely need to ask the folks over there or KCT for guidance.  

Oh, and thanks for the feedback!  I took a look at the mods you added from the discussion thread and will add them to the supported list when I can.

14 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

2) Yes, in stock, the stayputnik is the only option.  Really, the only starting option in stock is a stayputnik with a small SRB and some fins.  I call it my 'bottle rocket' era :-) 

I never tested it with FAR and it's not clear to me how rescaled aerodynamic parts will work.  I'll add it to my 'things to test' pile.  You could play with the number/placement of fins and adjust the thrust of the SRB motor so see if you can get a viable rocket.

If you want some more flexibility you can add Completely Non-Aggressive Rocketry.  It gives you a V-2 like rocket from the start and works well with the mod.

I don't know much about the inner workings of FAR, but I've been using it for years. I guess the RO tree and parts are all optimized for FAR. I think something like the Stayputnik without fairings won't work with FAR, scaled or not scaled :)
I'll try out the V-2.

The full list of mods in my current install:

Action Group Manager Renewed (ActionGroupManager 1:2.2.6.1)
AirlockPlus (AirlockPlus v0.0.11)
All Y'All (AllYAll 1:0.11.19)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 1:v2.10.0.0)
Auto Actions (AutoAction 1.11.1)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:v0.93)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.17.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.5.9)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.11)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
Chatterer Extended (ChattererExtended 0.6.2)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.11)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Trait Icons (CommunityTraitIcons v1.1.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.3)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Craft Manager (CraftManager 1.2.0)
Crew R&R (CrewQueueTwo 1.1.10.4)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.5.2)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.5.2)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:1.1.4)
Cryogenic Engines - Near Future Aeronautics (CryoEngines-NFAero 1.1.4)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.21.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.2.2)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.1.9.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.1)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.0)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 3.2.5)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.5)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.10.0-3485)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.1.2)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.8.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.1.4)
Kerbal Atomics - Other Mod Support (KerbalAtomics-NTRModSupport 1.1.4)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.7)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.3.0)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1:1.4.8)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.2)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.26)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next (KerbalJointReinforcementNext v4.1.15)
Kerbal Stats (KerbalStats 3.1.0)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.11)
Kerbalism - LRTR Config (LRKerbalism-v0.6)
Kopernicus Bleeding Edge Beta - DEV RELEASE (Kopernicus-BE UBEE_1101_29)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.33.2)
KSC Switcher (KSCSwitcher v1.8.0.0)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.5)
KSP Rescue Pod Fix (KSPRescuePodFix 1.6.4.14)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.6.2)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
KXAPI (KXAPI 1.2.0)
Less Real Than Real(ism) (LessRealThanReal v1.2)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.3)
Mark IV Spaceplane System (MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem 3.1.2)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.11.0.0)
Moar Filter Extension Configs (MoarFEConfigs 1.0.5.2)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.0.0)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.2.3)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.6.3)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.2.2)
Near Future Propulsion - Xenon Hall Effect Thrusters (NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs 1.2.2)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.2.3)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.3.3)
No Crew Requirement Continued (NoCrewRequirementContinued 1.0.5)
OhScrap! (OhScrap 2.1.0.0)
Olympic1's ARP Icons (Olympic1ARPIcons 2:1.0.0.0)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.2)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 18.0)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.1.0)
Procedural Parts - Ven's Revamp Style Textures (VensStylePPTextures 1.1)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch 1:3.3.0.10)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.10.0)
Real Fuels (RealFuels rf-v12.8.4.1)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.1)
Real Solar System (RealSolarSystem v18.1.3)
Real Solar System Textures - 2048 x 1024 (RSSTextures2048 v18.3)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8)
RealFuels-Stock (RealFuels-Stock v5.1.0)
ReStock (ReStock 1.2.1)
ReStock Extra - Rigid Legs (RestockRigidLegs 1.2.1)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.2.1)
Retracting/vectoring engines, Critter Crawler (CritterCrawler 1.3.6)
RSS DateTime Formatter (RSSDateTimeFormatter 1.6.1.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
ScrapYard (ScrapYard 2.1.0.0)
Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 6.0.1.0)
Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.9.16)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
Solver Engines plugin (SolverEngines v3.7.5)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.3.9)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.2.2)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.3.6)
Talisar Parts (TalisarParts v1.3.0)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.7.2.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.10.0.0)
Universal Storage II (UniversalStorage2 1.9.1.2)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.2.6)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

I'll let you know if I find any conflicts with LRTR.