Mods

GazVickers

Hey all.

I'm coming back to the game and want to get into it properly, as I have never quite managed it before.

SO I ask you oh great hive mind, what are a few quality of life mods, nice simple one's that you'd recommend, compatible with 1.8.1 and beyond. 

Edited by GazVickers

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

6 minutes ago, GazVickers said:

SO I ask you oh great hive mind, what are a few quality of life mods, nice simple one's that you'd recommend, compatible with 1.8.1 and beyond. 

Moving to Add-on Discussions, since that's better suited to this question.

There are, of course, tons of good mods out there.  Which ones are most appealing to you will depend a lot on your play style, what about the game bugs you or seems "missing", etc.  Got any guidance on areas of the game you feel could use some improving or altering?

Here are a few of my favorite non-part mods:

BetterTimeWarpContinued: Allows physics warp to go faster than 4x.

Contracts Window +: For career mode. Sorts contracts by planet, by type, etc.

Docking Cam: I like to build stations with radial docking ports. This makes it much easier to dock with them.

Kerbal Alarm Clock: Set reminders and pauses timewarp when ships need attention.

Kerbal Engineer Redux: Configurable status displays that show a lot more than just speed and altitude. The suicide burn indicator and landing bullseye is a very useful feature to reduce fuel usage during landing. Also give you better delta V information in the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.