Silliest spacecraft names?

Nezclaw

I just think of names on the go, some of them were called after Moonbase Alpha footage...

But one was somehow clever

AstONE.

That was the ASTeroid grabber, first iteration (hence the ONE), and that was my idea for the name

As it turned out, it sounds like A Stone, which fits too well considering its purpose.

The first thing I ever built in KSP, way back in version 0.21, was called "Poorly Disguised Deathtrap". The name turned out to be prophetic, for it immediately fell prey to the old "SRB and parachute in the same stage" issue. How was I supposed to know what a staging list is, anyway? :P 

Jeb, of course, survived the resulting crash. And promptly volunteered for the next test. You know, as one does:confused:

Most of my craft are not really creative. My earliest ones are literally pinyin of the english name -- sound good and creative only if you are not 

Lehu is Anglization of 猎户(Lièhù).... aka Orion

The Herguer lander is Anglization of 河鼓二(Hé gǔ èr), or Altair

LyncBon comes from "Liánbāng".... or Federation

Fogin is the cantonese pronounciation of 火箭 (rocket)

Edited by Jestersage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.