LT-3 (Very large) landing legs

Yeah definetely. A hack for this is to use Landing Gear, since they can take waaaay more weight, but they look off.

As for the obligatory mod post, I'd recommend Lithobrake Exploratory Technologies. Excellent selection of large ladders, service bays, cargo bays and landing legs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion as a stock exclusive player, I have no issue with mods being used to help get craft OFF the ground. But I believe the game should include all the tools necessary to land just about any craft of any size by default. Unless you're trying to land a jager from space (Grip pads and hydraulic shock absorbers so maybe even then?) all the landing gear you'd ever need should be in the stock version of the game. This goes especially due to the addition of parts wider than 3.75 meters in diameter added in the game since I began playing. Heck, large landing legs aren't even large enough to help with craft utilizing 3.75 parts. The devs should've added XL landing legs before the 5m parts were even released. Then another set of legs should've been released with those 5m parts as well. Its never too late to release them later I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

I just use robotic parts to deploy landing gears for my mega landers as i can bind them to an action group as well

this is not very hard to do if you have breaking ground.

Only problem with that is when you're landing heavy things and/or in high gravity like Kerbin, the robotic parts get very flimsy.

On 3/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, Wjolcz said:

Landing legs should get a revamp of some sort. We need something that looks more aerodynamic/inline IMO.

I could see this being a science upgrade in the tech tree. Like they still have the early wonky legs, but then later reintroduce them as inline. 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, PositronLance001 said:

I like making falcon-9 style rockets, but the LT-2 is too small for size 2 unless you offset the engines, and that makes it look weird, and it is impossible with Size 3.

Rotate the landing legs so it looks a little better, it may work, and look really weird, but do you want a working Falcon 9, or a rocket that can land, but tip over easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, to land a stock colony it can be useful using some large landing legs.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:24 PM, kspnerd122 said:

I just use robotic parts to deploy landing gears for my mega landers as i can bind them to an action group as well

this is not very hard to do if you have breaking ground.

oh, that's true,  I have  breaking ground too.

1 hour ago, kspnerd122 said:

also LT-2 landing gear have allowed me to land a Decent size booster back on kerbin.

also I just lock the robotic landing gear for launch and unfurl it before landing then i lock it in place again.

Sure breaking ground works but that is not an excuse for the fact that we absolutely definitely need bigger landing gear to (comfortably) land booster or massive landers.

• 2 weeks later...

The stock landing legs are definitely outdated in style ,artwork and functionality would be nice to see a full range of modern looking landing legs, I am always on the lookout for decent LL the AIES Mod had some of the best landing legs available as well as the aset landing legs would be nice to see the next version point release of KSP have a decent series of landing legs didnt really need a drain plug but landing legs that would be a beneficial addition.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.