Docking Port Same Vessel Interaction Bug

I have a craft that utilizes two Docking Port Juniors with same vessel interaction enabled. 

The example might be for a craft with a hinged door that uses docking ports to secure the door when closed.  To close the door, the hinge motion is assigned to action key 4.  When the door is closed, the docking ports are used to lock it in place.  The problem I'm having is that I have tried assigning various combinations of  "Undock", "Decouple Node", and "Same Vessel Interaction" to action key 4 so that when the hinges try to open, the docking ports are decoupled.  ...but it doesn't work.  I can manually in-game right-click the docking port and break the seal using "Undock" but when I assign "Undock" or "Decouple" or both to any action key...  it does not work.

Should I post this one to bug tracker?  It only seems to be an issue when I am trying to use docking ports with Same Vessel Interaction.  Although, I have tried toggling on/off the vessel interaction and it seems to make no noticeable difference.  For instance, I have no problem getting action keys to undock ports when dealing with subassemblies.

Anyone else come across this?

15 hours ago, XLjedi said:

I have a craft that utilizes two Docking Port Juniors with same vessel interaction enabled. 

You don't actually have to have same vessel interaction enabled to have two docking ports (junjors only?) on the same vessel dock to each other.

Anyone else come across this?

I just did a test craft, and can confirm that (with juniors only!). Two docking ports on the same vessel can be docked by moving them together on hinge (or another robotic part), but cannot be undocked via an action group. Have them on two different vessels, and then the undocking via action group works.

Should I post this one to bug tracker?

You should check first if there is already an issue about this, but otherwise: yes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.