VAB and SPH makeover

TheJoolian

After the trailer released, i was so hyped for the game release, but when i watched a part on his first minutes, i didn't see the VAB and the SPH (everyone already seen that :P). I'am wondering at this time, will VAB and SPH will have a makeover on a beta release?

3 hours ago, TheJoolian said:

After the trailer released, i was so hyped for the game release, but when i watched a part on his first minutes, i didn't see the VAB and the SPH (everyone already seen that :P). I'am wondering at this time, will VAB and SPH will have a makeover on a beta release?

we dont even know if there will be a beta

18 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Or if there will even be a VAB. Maybe it'll be a "Rocket Blueprint Editor" or something like that.

But likely there will be one for editing, and for sure there's one in the game's KSC, we saw it in some gameplay videos.

Edited by 5thHorseman

15 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Or if there will even be a VAB. Maybe it'll be a "Rocket Blueprint Editor" or something like that.

But likely there will be one for editing, and for sure there's one in the game's KSC, we saw it in some gameplay videos.

In the video they show the build on pad but I'm sure they said this was just for the video.

Still would be one way to make build time a thing.

57 minutes ago, mattinoz said:

In the video they show the build on pad but I'm sure they said this was just for the video.

Naw they said in the "how we made it" video that that was just for show.

What I mean is, there may not be an "inside the VAB" view for building. maybe it's a designer's workbench or CAD-type interface. I seriously doubt it but there is nothing actually saying what it'll be like.

We're getting "outdoor" editor as well, which probably isn't exactly a building, as we'll be assembling stuff in space. So I imagine their gui should be, how do you call it? Ah, forgot the word, well, at least similar so people don't get lost in two facilities serving the same purpose.

7 hours ago, mattinoz said:

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Naw they said in the "how we made it" video that that was just for show.

What I mean is, there may not be an "inside the VAB" view for building. maybe it's a designer's workbench or CAD-type interface. I seriously doubt it but there is nothing actually saying what it'll be like.

There's a video (I can't find it because of course), but someone snuck a camera into the closed door event. They showed the rocket being assembled in a VAB, also showed off the new blue-print mode. 

There IS a VAB.

12 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:
15 hours ago, TheJoolian said:

We don't even know if there will be a release.

Personally, I found the new "Metallic look" from KSP2 to be less "warm" than the KSP1 style we have now.
Generally speaking, of course.

And since all we know is that they had lots of polish left to go on top of it, I try not to let it get to me.
I did not have any big issues with not seeing the Vehicle Assembly building tho, it is important, but not as important as the simulation part imho.
To each their own.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:45 AM, The Aziz said:

We're getting "outdoor" editor as well, which probably isn't exactly a building, as we'll be assembling stuff in space. So I imagine their gui should be, how do you call it? Ah, forgot the word, well, at least similar so people don't get lost in two facilities serving the same purpose.

Yes, we get the building editor who I belive is a bit like an cross between the building editor in sims or build mode in fallout 4. 
You will also be limited to parts you have shipped in until base is so advanced you can start manufacturing parts. 

I assume the orbital VAB works the same way but here you always need to ship in parts or raw materials. 

This rases an interesting option, what if you could dock an ship at the orbital VAB and then open it in the editor to change it. 

7 hours ago, MiscelanousItem said:

I believe I too would clap mid presentation for sub-assembly editing while not attached. Hoping maybe sub-assemblies created this way or added to library will "symbolised" so editing effects all instances. Even maybe allow you to carry over improvements to a sub-assembly to another launch of an older craft.