How to download HyperEdit for 1.8.1/1.8.x?

ItsSky

So I like testing custom space stations in KSP Sandbox but a challenge is making a big enough rocket to get it to orbit perfectly.  I want to take a next step into making stations and by that I mean start to make big ones.  Yet I cant bring them into orbit, which I hate.  After lurking around on the internet, I saw some comments on posts saying that you can TP stations into orbit using hyperedit.  I went onto the HyperEdit website but the latest release is for 1.7.  I'm not sure if it will be compatible with 1.8.  Please link me to a continued version of HyperEdit or a updated version for 1.8.  I also heard that the BETA version of it is for 1.8 but I don't know how to download it.  Thanks if you read this far.  I'll appreciate all of the help you guys give me.  Anyways, yeah.. can I get some help?

Edited by ItsSky

Is there something specific that you need HyperEdit for this?  If you're just doing basic orbits, you can use the stock functionality to put stuff into orbit, using the debug/cheat menu.  That's accessed by (On Windows, which I'm assuming you're using) holding Alt and pressing F12.  There's a "Set Orbit" option under Cheats on the left side.

18 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Is there something specific that you need HyperEdit for this?  If you're just doing basic orbits, you can use the stock functionality to put stuff into orbit, using the debug/cheat menu.  That's accessed by (On Windows, which I'm assuming you're using) holding Alt and pressing F12.  There's a "Set Orbit" option under Cheats on the left side.

Oh yeah!  Totally forgot about that!  I'll just use that, but is there a way to adjust your orbit altitude as the only literal thing I understand in that tab is inclination.

Edited by ItsSky
Some reason, this post didn't show up when I edited it before. So I reposted this post and then this post finally showed up. Wierd glitch. I edited both this post and the otherone to avoid spam as that wasn't my intentions.

17 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Yeah, I just want to TP stations into Kerbin's orbit.  And thats it!

Edited by ItsSky

1 hour ago, ItsSky said:

Oh yeah!  Totally forgot about that!  I'll just use that, but is there a way to adjust your orbit altitude as the only literal thing I understand in that tab is inclination.

Semi-major Axis.  For a circular orbit, which your orbit will be if you don't touch the eccentricity setting, the orbit's altitude will be the height from the planet's center.  Kerbin has a radius of 600,000 meters, so for kerbin it will default to ~ 686,000 meters.  So your orbit above sea level will be about 86km.  So set your semi-major axis to whatever you want your orbital height above sea level to be, plus 600,000.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.