KSP SALE thread

Geonovast

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

There is a game distributor named Epic which gives away a free game every week. Next week's freebie will be KSP! 

Lol I purchased KSP full price with 2 DLCs. :mad:

And I can't get refund because I've already 250+ hours. 

In China we call it "背刺" or Backstabbed in English(hope I won't get another point)

Edited by Abel Military Services

5 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:

In China we call it "背刺" or Backstabbed in English(hope I won't get another point)

Why?  You already have gained enjoyment from the game for more than 250 hours.  If it was recent, that would be one thing.  When you buy something in a store, and a month later see it on sale, do you ask for a refund there?  Next day, perhaps, but a month?  250 hours, at 40 hours per week, would be more than 5 weeks.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why?  You already have gained enjoyment from the game for more than 250 hours.  If it was recent, that would be one thing.  When you buy something in a store, and a month later see it on sale, do you ask for a refund there?  Next day, perhaps, but a month?  250 hours, at 40 hours per week, would be more than 5 weeks.

Yeah. I bought it about a year ago. But I still think that I got backstabbed. 

12 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:

Well, you didn’t. 

Where does one draw the line?

By your logic, anybody who purchased the game, ever, should get refunds.   I think I deserve to get my $17 back for 10 years of enjoyment.   

13 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:
On 12/30/2022 at 2:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:
On 12/30/2022 at 1:07 PM, Abel Military Services said:

Yes, Abel. You got "背刺" because the two pennies you pay for KSP 1 on its bi-daily sale paid for one game but not another completely different game made by a completely different set of developers. Harvester didn't even know about KSP 2 for a while, so it's safe to say that KSP 2 has about as much to do with KSP 1 as FNAF: Security Breach does with the FNAF games made by Scott.

14 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:

Why?

Did you get what you paid for?

Have you enjoyed using what you paid for?

When should it stop?  A year?  10 years?

I think that Steam does a decent job with the way it handles refunds.  Give the person a chance to use it for a few hours over a period of 2 weeks.  If that person continues to use it, then they must like it.  If you didn't like it, you should have returned it a year ago.

I've run into this "entitlement" mentality before, and still don't understand it.  Maybe you can explain it to me?

15 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:

I still think that I got backstabbed. 

I'm curious. If you had known about this in advance, would you have waited for a year and not played KSP at all until now, a whole year later?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why?

Did you get what you paid for?

Have you enjoyed using what you paid for?

When should it stop?  A year?  10 years?

I think that Steam does a decent job with the way it handles refunds.  Give the person a chance to use it for a few hours over a period of 2 weeks.  If that person continues to use it, then they must like it.  If you didn't like it, you should have returned it a year ago.

I've run into this "entitlement" mentality before, and still don't understand it.  Maybe you can explain it to me?

And I posted that before I found out that you can't buy KSP until 2023/1/6 on Epic.

Yeah, I guess I will no longer feel "Backstabbed".

23 minutes ago, Abel Military Services said:

And I posted that before I found out that you can't buy KSP until 2023/1/6 on Epic.

Yeah, I guess I will no longer feel "Backstabbed".

But if you have some friends that might enjoy the game, it’s a perfect time get them into it.  

On 12/31/2022 at 9:58 PM, Gargamel said:

But if you have some friends that might enjoy the game, it’s a perfect time get them into it.  

My steam friend bought it already. 

And he replied:

[snip]

(basically a Chinese meme about backstabbing, and plz don't translate that because it's really rude)

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...