RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

12 hours ago, billtetley said:

With KSP now in it's (pretty much) final release has it been speculated as to whether or not this along with RO will be updated to run on 1.12?

I'll speculate... Of course it will. This is probably like a hallelujah event for some mods like this one & Kopernicus. 

Note: Postpone updating to this release if you have an ongoing career where you have accepted the 'First Human Moon Landing' contract but haven't completed 'Crewed Lunar Flyby'. Doing so would cause the 'First Human Moon Landing' contract to automatically fail with a significant funds penalty.

Major Updates:

• The midgame of RP-1 has been rebalanced to lower the snowball effect of the early and mid lunar missions. This involves changes to the tech tree, to contract parameters and rewards, and to parts.
  • KCT's codebase has seen a big refactor - the user facing improvements include descriptions for the various tags applied to parts and a KCT-friendly Engineer's Report.
  • RP-1 has been updated to support the latest changes in RO v13.1. Chief among these is a change to heating, and so there have been changes to the heatshields in RP-1 (more reordering and changes are to come). In particular the Sample Return Capsule now uses a heatsink-style heat shield (i.e. it does not come with ablator), and so reentries using it must be very carefully done. Make sure to provide a substantial retro fire (200m/s or more), and come from a very low orbit.

Avionics

• Avionics units no longer stack. This means that to control a rocket of 20 tons, at least one avionics unit must have a controllable mass of 20+ tons. Note that you can still have separate lower and upper stage avionics, they just don't combine their controllable masses. This feature defaults to off in existing saves, and is toggleable in the RP-1 difficulty settings.
  • Add a setting in RP-1's difficulty settings to allow toggling whether the Procedural Avionics GUI opens automatically when right-clicking a part in the editor
  • Add Range Safety functionality to all parts with Procedural Avionics
  • Warn when trying to close the Proc Avionics window if the avionics type has not been applied

KCT

• Improvements and bugfixes to sim functionality. Should fix a random crash with Principia on reverts.
  • Fix crew selection dialog for vessels with multiple different crewable parts
  • KCT now overrides the Engineer's Report applauncher, so that it displays the actual mass and size of the vessel
  • Part tags now have individual descriptions that show in the editor part tooltip
  • Large refactor of the KCT codebase for stability and performance
  • Support the new tag PadInfrastructure so that parts from MLP can be ignored for mass/size checks even if they are not themselves launch clamps
  • Highlight Rollout button when rollout checks fail (#1513)

Contracts

• Add a tab to the RP-1 GUI that allows setting allowable satellite contract payload limits
  • Improvements to the SCANSat contracts
  • Go back to gating First Docking behind unlocking docking ports (#1475)
  • No longer prevent having both Suborbital Crewed and First Crewed Orbital active
  • Fix some issues with the lunar impactor contract not completing
  • Break the Sound Barrier contract now depends on the Mach value, not a hardcoded 343m/s
  • Enable all space station contracts rather than only one per station (#1511)
  • Reduce midgame contract payouts (#1418)
  • Alter lunar contract requirements to lower midgame snowball effect (#1472)
  • Add new far side lunar landing contract
  • Slight increase to early satellite contract rewards
  • Add shared soft cooldown to all repeatable satellite contracts
  • Make First Solar-Powered Satellite contract require positive electricity balance (Note: a Contract Configurator bug requires switching away from and back to the vessel before the contract will complete)

Science and Tech

• Move Hydrazine (RCS/generic engine propellant) to 1968, since that was the first time it was used in an infinite-ignition setting
  • Add ScanSat biome scan to cameras (#1467)
  • Improve kOS tech progression, now follows selected avionics tech level (#1498)
  • Phobos and Deimos now have only a single biome each, and only have low-space science (#1505)
  • Lower cost of all '58-'61 tech nodes
  • Lower landed multipliers on the Moon

Parts

• Support reDIRECT
  • Add tech progression for the ORM-65 engine (#1468)
  • Unlock the first tank configs from the start (#1469)
  • Support new small thrusters from RO (#1463)
  • Support new X-1 cockpit from RO
  • Interstages, decouplers, and fairing bases no longer require tooling. Fairing side tooling is more expensive now however.
  • Add small radial sep motor (#1482)
  • Support ROCapsules Apollo Block III Service Module (#1478)
  • Fix the LR87-LH2 ECMs
  • Improve ECM handling for the AJ10-Advanced and the AJ10-133
  • Set resource costs of solids to 0 to avoid a resource cost issue when partially loading propellant
  • Clean up station part prices and ECMs
  • Support GE Apollo D-2 from ROCapsules
  • Support ROEngines SNTP
  • Fix Zond avionics
  • Moved the Gamma 201/301 back a node in the tech tree

Other

• Fix issues with training course generation. Use part title instead of name for unconfigured parts.
  • Add a new difficulty option for crew training that disables mission training but keeps proficiency training
  • Increase the craft size limits for launch pads
  • Fix CommNet being disabled on the Easy difficulty preset
  • Alter hypoxia behavior so it becomes more dangerous as altitude increases and density decreases, and as time above the limit increases. Ducking above a cockpit's altitude limit is much more dangerous now!

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed for this release!
@lpgagnon, @pap1723, @Capkirk123, @NathanKell, @jwvanderbeck, @siimav, @DRVeyl, @leudaimon, @nova-ad-astra, @mattwrobel, @RCrockford, @StonesmileGit

Edited by siimav

• 2 weeks later...

Note: This is a save-breaking release along with RO v14.0.

Major Updates:

• Flying Low science has been removed. In exchange, a variety of crewed supersonic experiments have been added, and the rewards for Flying High science have been increased. (#1499)
  • Solid motors have had a large rebalance. Costs have been rationalized (and often lowered), entry costs and entry cost modifiers have been reworked for a better upgrade progression and to use the corrected propellants from RO v14. Solid propellant resource costs have been set to 0 to avoid underloading causing issues. UA1206 and UA1207 motors have been moved back to their planned flight dates rather than their real flight dates. Some very early solids have been moved back slightly. (#1503)

Avionics

• Early Science Core avionics are now unable to use RCS to translate forward and back. Only science cores using Improved Avionics technology or above can use forward-back translation.
  • The mass of the WAC/Aerobee avionics cores (and the first two procedural avionics science core techs) has been lowered to better capture the performance of early sounding rockets now that residuals are implemented (see RO v14).

KCT

• Vessels may only be recovered to the facility in which they were built. (#1524 )

Contracts

• Rework X-Planes Supersonic contracts into a sequential set of contracts with escalating difficulty. (#1510)
  • Increased advances and rewards for Lunar Flyby and Impactor contracts since it is much harder to achieve these with unguided moonshots.
  • Give Experimental Rocketplanes the usual soft cooldown, and make it unavailable once X-Planes High has been done.
  • Add a difficulty setting to disable X-Plane contracts (and slightly increase the reward of early rocket contracts to compensate). (#1523)
  • Fix issues with the Rendezvous contract by introducing our own Rendezvous parameter. (#1526)
  • Fix some typos.

Parts

• Configure RSRM-1986. (#1385)
  • Fix missing placement of Ranger Retro engine (#1518)
  • Fix missing cost for Apollo D-2 antenna.

Other

• Improve Career Log error handling.

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed for this release: @lpgagnon, @Capkirk123, @NathanKell, @jwvanderbeck, @siimav, @leudaimon, @al2me6, @marsh1832, @adouge.

RP-1 v1.10+ shows as conflicting with Dynamic Battery Storage in CKAN. Is there a reason for this? Might there be a work around for allowing Near Future Electrical and Kerbal Atomics? I'm trying to do a sort of alternate-history career.

3 hours ago, Omnipius said:

RP-1 v1.10+ shows as conflicting with Dynamic Battery Storage in CKAN. Is there a reason for this? Might there be a work around for allowing Near Future Electrical and Kerbal Atomics? I'm trying to do a sort of alternate-history career.

The reason is that DBS conflicts with Kerbalism which is now a dependency of RP-1. Technically NFE doesn't require DBS to work. No idea about Kerbal Atomics though.

Edited by siimav

v1.10.3:

Avionics

• Lower the volume required by early-game science cores to allow matching the volume of the WAC Corporal telemetry unit.
  • Deprecate most non-procedural avionics. No vessel will break, but the old non-procedural guidance rings, 20in X-Ray core, etc. will no longer appear in the tech tree and part list.

KCT

• Fix issues with not stopping warp when another mod (like KCT) lowers warp rates.
  • The Upgrades panel is now available in flight as well as space center view.

Contracts

• Phobos and Deimos flybys now require having electricity remaining on the probe, not transmitting science from Phobos and Deimos; Kerbalism science is acquired too slowly to be able to complete that parameter in a flyby of Phobos or Deimos.
  • Fix the resource consumption parameter on the First Solar Satellite and Station Power Module contracts.

Parts

• Move the ROTanks Hollow Interstage to the Starting Parts node.
  • Deprecate stock battery parts and the Procedural Battery; use Service Module tanks instead since they vary with materials science level.
  • Hide the (unsupported) Procedural SRB.

Other

• Kerbals may now bail out of aircraft even at the first level of Astronaut Complex, and their parachute is available from the start.

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!

Sorry if this has already been asked recently, but what sort of computer specs are required/suggested for this most recent version of RP-1? I used to play  RO/RP-1, but had to stop largely because of the very long loading times and terrible framerates I was getting (just with the base textures and no scatterer/rssve), routinely around/below 30fps for medium-sized rockets. That was for the RP-1 version for KSP 1.3.1 (yes, it's been a long time). Have things improved performance-wise in more recent versions of RP-1, or should I expect the same (or worse) performance as before?

• 2 weeks later...

In the meanwhile, there's been a few small releases...

KCT

• Fix copied Build List vessels losing their memory of whether the VAB or SPH is building them (fixes Recover to SPH being available for VAB-built vessels when it should not be).

Contracts

• X-Planes High (Difficult) contract gets a slight reward boost.
  • Improve difficulty level handling of X-Planes High contracts.

Miscellaneous

• Updated loading screen tips.

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav, @norcalplanner

KCT

• Add a new Location button to configure the default launch location of a KCT launchpad (for KK integration). This prevents having to Select Launchsite on every vessel individually, though the default location can still be overridden that way.

Contracts

• Experimental Rocketplanes contracts now regenerate every day like other contracts.
  • Increase the X-Planes Low contract reward.

Science and Tech Tree

• Use the new Conic Cockpit model for the X-2 Upgrade.

Parts

• Deprecate Restock battery parts; use Service Module tanks instead since they vary with materials science level.
  • Include science part assets from DMagic Orbital Science (like we do for BDB and Coatl Aerospace assets) rather than depending on that mod. (That was the last non-1.10 dependency.)

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav @NathanKell

Can someone please help me identify the origin of the crashes?

The gameplay is mostly stable. But from time to time, the game just crashes and I can't help but wonder what's causing it. This time it happened during reentry. Now I can't really understand what to look for in a Log, but the most mentioned stuff near the end are FAR, Real Antennas and what I assume are DX11 dlls.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sesshaku

I was recently playing RP1  In science mode when I noticed the avionics limit. I have made numerous attempt to disable it, but its only disabled on crewed vessels.
Is there any way within the settings to disable it ENTIRELY?
If not within the settings, is there any way at all to do it?

Spoiler

Ps, Here is the code that i tryed to make but subsequently failed

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralAvionics],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAvionics
        massLimit = 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.9
        interplanetary = True
    }
    MODULE:NEEDS[kOS]
    {
        name = kOSProcessor
        diskSpace = 1000
        diskSpaceCostFactor = 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001
        diskSpaceMassFactor = 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001
        ECPerInstruction = 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001
     }
}
// Disable attitude control on non-control parts.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[~minimumCrew[>0]],!MODULE[ModuleAvionics],!MODULE[ModuleProceduralAvionics],!MODULE[ModuleScienceCore]]:AFTER[RP-0]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleScienceCore
    }
}

21 hours ago, Rambow_Ninja94 said:

I was recently playing RP1  In science mode when I noticed the avionics limit. I have made numerous attempt to disable it, but its only disabled on crewed vessels.

Reveal hidden contents

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAvionics
        interplanetary = True
    }
    {
        name = kOSProcessor
        diskSpace = 1000
     }
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[~minimumCrew[>0]],!MODULE[ModuleAvionics],!MODULE[ModuleProceduralAvionics],!MODULE[ModuleScienceCore]]:AFTER[RP-0]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleScienceCore
    }
}

Toggling on the infinite electricity cheat should disable the avionics limits.  (It is possible you need some sort of avionics, but a science core is enough, and they are pretty light).

On 8/6/2021 at 6:53 AM, Rambow_Ninja94 said:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAvionics
        interplanetary = True
    }
    {
        name = kOSProcessor
        diskSpace = 1000
     }
}
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleScienceCore
    }
}

Yeah, uh, your problem is right there in the first sentence: RP-1 doesn't support science mode. Play it in career mode and cheat yourself lots of funds if you want to play in science mode.

Hello! I am getting an error message when attempting to install the Express version on CKAN, using 1.10.1. It downloads fine, and then CKAN itself crashes when attempting to install ReStock with the following message.

Unhandled exception:
System.Transactions.TransactionException: Failed to roll back. ---> System.IO.IOException: Process can't access file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ReStock\Spaces\Airlock\restock-airlock-1-IVA.cfg' because it's being used in another progress
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en ChinhDo.Transactions.FileManager.Operations.SingleFileOperation.Rollback()
   en ChinhDo.Transactions.FileManager.TxEnlistment.Rollback(Enlistment enlistment)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   en ChinhDo.Transactions.FileManager.TxEnlistment.Rollback(Enlistment enlistment)
   en System.Transactions.VolatileEnlistmentAborting.EnterState(InternalEnlistment enlistment)
   en System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.EnterState(InternalTransaction tx)
   en System.Transactions.EnlistableStates.Timeout(InternalTransaction tx)
   en System.Transactions.Bucket.TimeoutTransactions()
   en System.Transactions.BucketSet.TimeoutTransactions()
   en System.Transactions.TransactionTable.ThreadTimer(Object state)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   en System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   en System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

My computer is set to Spanish, but I translated most of the relevant bits. Consider "en" = "in".

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Can I install the non-express version?

Edited by joacobanfield
Question

27 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

System.IO.IOException: Process can't access file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ReStock\Spaces\Airlock\restock-airlock-1-IVA.cfg' because it's being used in another progress

Hi, please don't bother mod authors with CKAN problems, the CKAN thread is here:

The follow-up questions you'll receive will center around why that file is being used in another process. Make sure the game is not running when you try to make any changes with CKAN.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, joacobanfield said:

Oh! Sorry. Thanks!

Still, is the non-express version compatible with 1.10.1?

Yep, though I'm sure HebaruSan will get you sorted out. My guess is that it's either due to a permissions thing (having KSP installed in Program Files, which has some weird permissions stuff, so try copying your KSP install out of there, pointing CKAN at the new location, and trying again), or due to somehow having a program running that is accessing that file (either KSP itself, or maybe Steam, or another CKAN instance, or I dunno what). I highly, highly recommend getting that sorted out and using the express install option.

Hi all.

I have a warning about RealChutes when loading the game, being incompatible with Unity 2019.2.2f1.
I have just built a fresh 1.10.1 installation with  picking "RP1 express install" + KER in CKAN.

I don't know whether it is related or not but I don't see any chute in my game, starting by the inline 0.30m one depicted in the RP1 Career Tutorial.

[LOG 17:01:45.457] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.10.1.2939 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.10.1.2939 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

[LOG 17:02:13.466] [CompatibilityChecker] Running checker version 6 from 'RealChute'
[WRN 17:02:13.470] [CompatibilityChecker] Incompatible mods detected: RealChute
[WRN 17:02:13.470] [CompatibilityChecker] Incompatible mods (Unity) detected: RealChute

On the part selector panel, I have no chute category displayed. But KSP.log confirms the game load chute  parts.

What did I do wrong ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13m7Z3Kk9_ofbv_cohxFRjPHDXNKHPg_z/view?usp=sharing

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me? just started a new 1.10 game of rp-1. I installed it through ckan with the "express install" version yet I don't get any science form the experiments.

Launch my first sounding rocket with telemetry in the probe core, and a thermometer and barometer strapped to the side. Kerbalism shows the science amount on the experiments as 0.0/0.0, even after launching while flying low.

Anybody know what causes this issue? is something missing or conflicting in the express install?

4 hours ago, Connor1009 said:

Can anyone help me? just started a new 1.10 game of rp-1. I installed it through ckan with the "express install" version yet I don't get any science form the experiments.

Launch my first sounding rocket with telemetry in the probe core, and a thermometer and barometer strapped to the side. Kerbalism shows the science amount on the experiments as 0.0/0.0, even after launching while flying low.

Anybody know what causes this issue? is something missing or conflicting in the express install?

Most flying low science has been removed.  Make sure your sounding rocket gets above 40 km altitude to start gathering science.

I'm getting ready for a clean install of ksp using realism+rp1+rss playthrough
while I'm at it id love to check out the new version of the game but I see it's not yet officially supported
1. is there any crucial game breaking bugs in running the latest rp-1(express install) with 1.12.2?

2. in general if I want the best rp-1 experience what is the best supported/most stable version of the game to play with?

thanks very  much for anyone that will take the time to answer a ro nubie like me :)

Edited by alien_wind