RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

Just a question. I just started a new RP session and noticed a file in the RP1\Missions directory 1957Start.cfg  and was wondering if it is still used? It looks like it can somehow start with different levels of research and set for different countries.

Thank you

On 2/20/2022 at 4:40 AM, Cerious said:

Can I disable the technology taking time to research? 800 days on some stuff is stetching out my timeline. RP1 is great! Never had that much fun in KSP! And don't forget: "No pain no game!"

There is two ways in the KCT settings. To disable it entirely unselect the tech time button. the other is you can change the formula that it uses to calculate the time. Both are accessed by using the settings window for KCT.

14 hours ago, Joesk said:

Just a question. I just started a new RP session and noticed a file in the RP1\Missions directory 1957Start.cfg  and was wondering if it is still used? It looks like it can somehow start with different levels of research and set for different countries.

Thank you

Well I guess I should have read the whole .cfg file before posting here. I found the Mod that uses it (configurablestart) was the dependency and serched github and found it. Will try it out on a quick soviet restart. Hopefully it is not too buggy.

On 2/24/2022 at 7:19 AM, Joesk said:

Well I guess I should have read the whole .cfg file before posting here. I found the Mod that uses it (configurablestart) was the dependency and serched github and found it. Will try it out on a quick soviet restart. Hopefully it is not too buggy.

Thank you very much!

On 11/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, pap1723 said:

RP-1 Realistic Progression One

RP-1-Logo-400px.jpg

Welcome to Realistic Progression One (RP-1), one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences available in KSP. RP-1 provides a well-developed and carefully balanced career mode for use in conjunction with Real Solar System (RSS) and Realism Overhaul (RO).

As the sequel to RP-0, realism, features, and gameplay experience are improved and deepened. We used to say that it was a lightweight career addon, but it has become a lot more in the recent years.

RP-1 is the ultimate community effort. There have been contributions from 76 different community members since the inception of the project so many years ago.

As RP-1 has grown and matured, the need for better documentation has grown as well. Community members @nepphhh and @Norcalplanner have put in a tremendous amount of time to create detailed documentation that provides installation instructions and gameplay tips and tricks.

Join us on our Discord Server!

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki

Completely rewritten and updated, the RO/RP-1 wiki is the current and future home of up-to-date information for RP-1 players both new and experienced. The wiki includes:
•    Introduction to RP-1 and overview of the mod’s main features
•    Easy-to-follow installation instructions
•    Comprehensive and annotated mod recommendations list 
•    Loads of guides for new players 
•    Troubleshooting and help for broken installations and rocket design
•    Frequently-updated FAQs and How-To guides
•    Myth-busting false KSP lessons to help ease the transition from Kerbin to Earth
•    A first launch tutorial with thoughtful discussion and careful explanations
•    Links to other important resources to help get you started with Principia, ROKerbalism, kOS, and Mechjeb PVG ascent guidance

Check out this awesome video from The Destroyer that shows off some of the crafts that have been made by this awesome community!

Download & Installation

Download from Github

Also Available from CKAN

Follow all instructions from the RP-1 Wiki or no support will be given!

Installation Instructions

Licensed under CC-BY-4.0

Tlkyrbd.png

aa3iIYK.jpg

8ttWCeR.jpg

LJN2Yj7.png

Here is a collection of images taken by RP-1 career players: https://imgur.com/gallery/QUMU6JA

All credit goes to everyone that has contributed to this huge undertaking. Especially: @NathanKell @pjf @siimav MikeOnTea @rsparkyc Wrobz 

just installed ksp, how many ram do i need to use this mod? it seems like my pc can't hold these type mod mods.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:19 AM, Joesk said:

After starting two times I have to say it is a good start to a mod. Its works as is. You can configure some beginning stats/facilities. I used the USA and Soviet starts on two builds.  The USA Cape start works well. In the soviet one (Which is my main play) it says that all the facility upgrades are locked to the Canaveral KSC. I was able to go into the save file after starting it and changed all the upgrades to the Baikonur KSC with some editing. It really makes the start a lot more challanging even with the facility upgrades. I didn't get sputnik up till a year later then historical. Mainly because it starts you in 1957 and it doesn't account for engine test data you would have generated up to that point. My first 5 sputnik tries failed due to engine failures. So even though I had all the tech to build the R-7 right away it was still taking 100+ days to build If I try it again I will build test stands for the motors first.

29 minutes ago, jjjoohhn said:

ust installed ksp, how many ram do i need to use this mod? it seems like my pc can't hold these type mod mods.

With my experience with the game. I would recommend a min of 16Gb but 32 is better.

Got an issue I can't figure out to correct. The RP1 App sometimes will not open the window correctly. The mod is working, but I can't change the kerbols training or view the vehicle stats in the VAB/SPH.
  Here is the stack trace for the error

Spoiler

[LOG 10:59:15.901] /stacktrace
[LOG 10:59:15.902] [DebugConsole]: Displaying a stack trace for the last error or exception...
[LOG 10:59:15.902] Exception: ArgumentException: Requested value 'Observatory' was not found.
[LOG 10:59:15.902] System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
RP0.MaintenanceHandler.EnsureFacilityLvlCostsLoaded () (at <f001eabd8e714775a838c2e3c21de691>:0)
RP0.MaintenanceHandler.UpdateUpkeep () (at <f001eabd8e714775a838c2e3c21de691>:0)
RP0.TopWindow.DrawWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <f001eabd8e714775a838c2e3c21de691>:0)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
RP0.TopWindow:DrawWindow(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

And the Info output to show mods

Spoiler

[LOG 11:10:45.311] /info
[LOG 11:10:45.312] [DebugConsole] Dumping current game state information...
[LOG 11:10:45.313] Assemblies: KSP, ModuleManager, ClickThroughBlocker, FilterExtensions, 0Harmony, HarmonyInstallChecker, KSPBurst, Microsoft.Extensions.FileSystemGlobbing, System.IO.Compression, System.IO.Compression.FileSystem, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, System.Runtime, Unity.Burst, Unity.Burst.Unsafe, Unity.Collections, Unity.Jobs, Unity.Mathematics, BlendshapeModelLoader, TexturesUnlimited, Toolbar, ToolbarController, Achievements, SolverEngines, AJE, ASETPropsIdentifier, Astrogator, AtmosphereAutopilot, AtmosphereAutopilot.UI, B9PartSwitch, B9-PWings-Fork, BDAnimationModules, RNModules, BetterBurnTime, Chatterer, CCK, ContractConfigurator, CustomPreLaunchChecks, KerbalKonstructs, KerKonConConExt, KXAPI, CraftManager, KatLib, CustomBarnKit, DistantObject, KSPe.Light.DOE, DMagic, DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric, Contract Parser, Progress Parser, Contracts_Window, ContractsWindow.Unity, DockingCamKURS, EngineGroupController, UnityGUIFramework, Atmosphere, CelestialShadows, CityLights, EVEManager, PartFX, PQSManager, ShaderLoader, Terrain, TextureConfig, Utils, _BuildManager, FerramAerospaceResearch.Base, ModularFlightIntegrator, FerramAerospaceResearch, ferramGraph, Scale_Redist, Firespitter, HangerExtenderExtended, PlumeScaleFixer, JanitorsCloset, JSIPartUtilities, RasterPropMonitor, KAS-API-v2, KAS, KSPDev_Utils.2.4, MiniAVC-V2, KerbalEngineer.Unity, KerbalEngineer, KerbalismBootstrap, KerbalismCompanionCalculator, KerbalJointReinforcement, Renamer, BetterKerbNet, KIS, KSPDev_Utils.2.4, MiniAVC-V2, Kopernicus.Parser, Kopernicus, KronalUtils, KSCSwitcher, 0_MultipleModuleInPartAPI, KSPCommunityFixes, KSPWheel, KatLib, LoadingTipsPlus, MagiCore, ManeuverQueue, MechJeb2, System.Buffers, NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE, NavHud, NavUtilLib, NavUtilRPM, DockingPortAlignmentIndicator, DPAI_RPM, ModuleDockingNodeNamed, FinalFrontier, OneWindow, OneWindow_Unity, PartInfo, PatchManager, PlanetShine, ProbeControlRoom, ProceduralFairings, ProceduralParts, QuickExit, RCSBuildAid, RCSBuildAidToolbar, RealAntennas, RealChute, RealFuels, RealHeat, RealismOverhaul, RealSolarSystem, ProgressiveCBMaps, ResearchBodies, Restock, RetractableLiftingSurface, ROEngines, ROLib, KerbalConstructionTime, RP-0, CC_RP0, RSSTimeFormatter, RSSVE, SafeChute, SCANsat, SCANmechjeb, SCANsat.Unity, Scatterer, ScrapYard, ScrapYard_ContractConfigurator, ShipManifest, SMInterface, SM_CLSInterface, SimpleAdjustableFairings, SmokeScreen, SpaceAge, KSP_Log, ButtonManager, KSP_ColorPicker, KSP_PartHighlighter, SpaceTuxUtility, VesselModuleSave, SpeedUnitAnnex, KSPSteamCtrlr, StagedAnimation, KSPDev_Utils.2.4, MiniAVC-V2, SurfaceLights, ModuleBounce, TacFuelBalancer, TarsierSpaceTech, TestFlightAPI, TestFlight, TestFlightContracts, TestFlightCore, TextureReplacer, KerbalAlarmClock, KSPAlternateResourcePanel, VABReorienter, WaypointManager, ZeroMiniAVC, [x]_Science!, Kerbalism110
[LOG 11:10:45.313] Save: Kosmodrome Start (CAREER)
[LOG 11:10:45.313] Mode: CAREER
[LOG 11:10:45.313] Scene: SPACECENTER

I thought at first that the Research bodies mod was the thing blocking it, but I removed the mod and the App would still not open sometimes and it would throw the same error but instead of saying observatory it would say window size out of range. So I am thinking it is some other mod which is causing the conflict. Also sometimes I can not open the observatory either. But it doesn't throw an error.
  Also sometimes if the app doesn't open I can go into the VAB and if it is the first thing I open after selecting a root part, the app will begin to work. Otherwise I have to re-load the game to get it working again.

As a note I have been using CKan on a clean install as suggested in the FAQ.

12 minutes ago, Joesk said:

As a note I have been using CKan on a clean install as suggested in the FAQ.

While it's good that you used CKAN for installing RP-1, you appear to have installed additional mods that are not compatible. Research Bodies is definitely among them. Please follow the install guide on properly setting up an RP-1 install and seeing what additional mods are supported.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.10.1

Installing with CKAN Express or the Advanced instructions will still provide you with a slightly borked install.  As the dev notes suggest, this truly is an IQ test and only the few will end up with a clean ksp.log.  

I've noticed a pattern on these forums, where people asking for help will be told "it's not my mod because you have ADDON BINDER errors - and you need to resolve those first.  At this point most people will likely give up - because those errors are common due to the poor source maintenance state of a few very common and otherwise great mods.  So, with that in mind:

I've been able to eliminate every "ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly" error in my RP-1 log by directory sorting.  The alternative would be to pull the source for each offending mod, add these dependencies to AssemblyInfo.cs and recompile - like the mod maintainers should have done A THOUSAND YEARS AGO - and I'm not doing their work for them.  That information is out there - it's basic mod maintenance at this point.  Any maintainer not doing it simply isn't paying attention.  

These are the files to prefix (the license and readme files don't NEED to be prefixed, I just did it for consistency).  You may not have all these files if you didn't go beyond the express install.  That's fine, just rename the ones you have.

Spoiler

\GameData\AtmosphereAutopilot\+AtmosphereAutopilot.UI.dll
\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\+EVEManager.dll
\GameData\CraftManager\Plugins\+KatLib.dll
\GameData\kOS\Plugins\+kOS.Safe.dll
\GameData\EasyVesselSwitch\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils.2.0.dll
\GameData\KAS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils.2.4.dll
\GameData\KIS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils.2.4.dll
\GameData\KIS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils.2.4.xml
\GameData\KAS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils.2.4.xml
\GameData\KAS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils_LICENSE.md
\GameData\KIS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils_LICENSE.md
\GameData\KIS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils_README.md
\GameData\KAS\Plugins\+KSPDev_Utils_README.md
\GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins\+Scale_Redist.dll
\GameData\SCANsat\Plugins\+SCANsat.Unity.dll
\GameData\EngineGroupController\Plugins\+UnityGUIFramework.dll
\GameData\EngineGroupController\Plugins\+UnityGUIFramework.pdb
\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\Plugins\+Utils.dll

Also, since we aren't using RemoteTech, in favor of RealAntennas, lets disable Contract Configurator's RT assembly.  One less log error to look at.

Spoiler

Rename

\GameData\ContractConfigurator\CC_RemoteTech.dll

To

\GameData\ContractConfigurator\CC_RemoteTech.dll.no

Now, you should be able to present your KSP.log file and ask for help without encountering the "not my problem" gatekeeper right away.  

In other news, I'm on to tackle this RealAntennas NRE.  Not encouraging when the very first thing your mod does is throw an exception, before the main menu has even loaded.  Unless someone can tell me otherwise, it seems to be serious - as it involves the VesselModule and OnDestroy behavior.

[LOG 17:37:43.769] VesselModules: Found VesselModule of type RACommNetVessel with order 999
[EXC 17:37:43.774] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RealAntennas.RACommNetVessel.OnDestroy () (at <bcc06e73d2f64d0e87ff02a1c80277a3>:0)
    UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
    <>c:<CompileModules>b__4_0(Type)
    LoadedAssembly:TypeOperation(Action`1)
    LoadedAssembyList:TypeOperation(Action`1)
    VesselModuleManager:CompileModules()
    <LoadObjects>d__88:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <CreateDatabase>d__69:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

Edited by Bearfight
exposition

6 hours ago, Bearfight said:

I
These are the files to prefix (the license and readme files don't NEED to be prefixed, I just did it for consistency).  You may not have all these files if you didn't go beyond the express install.  That's fine, just rename the ones you have.

So adding a + to all the .dll's in the mods will clean up the logs? Did not know this. Been playing for a little bit and am just now doing more advanced stuff. Too bad there isn't an option in Ckan to just automatically add the + to the dll's.

Thank you. I'll see what if it fixes anything or at least makes it clearer what mod is disrupting the RP-1 app window.

• 3 weeks later...

New Features

• Add PartModule-level validation to KCT and make procedural avionics the first to use it #1633. In practice this means that even locked avionics/engine configs can be selected and used in simulations.
  • Add kerbal chute and eva pack selection to KCT crew assignment dialog #1583

Parts

• Add Support for the new RCS Blocks that Squad added for KSP v1.11
  • Configure NFP Engines #1614
  • Add NFLV support #1611
  • Add ECM, tech config for high performance prototype engines #1597
  • Add support for ROC Zenit camera system #1629

Contracts

• Disable GPS and GLONASS contracts #1608
  • Fix duration getting reset on "Orbital Flight with Maneuvers and 2+ Crew" contract
  • Prevent Surface Outpost contracts from choosing any vessel #1630

Miscellaneous

• Do not allow vessels with locked parts to be added to build plans
  • Procedural avionics window UX improvements #1631
  • Add MLI PARTUPGRADES #1632, #1634
  • Add KCT configs for more fuel types #1637
  • Fix RF basecost patch not getting applied #1623
  • Add missing Crew Training for RO parts #1636
  • Move RF resource cost setting from RO to RP-0 #1640
  • Add tip about simulating airlaunches
  • Add untooled parts reminder

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav, @StonesmileGit, @pap1723, @Capkirk123, @Teykn, @NathanKell, @arrowmaster

16 minutes ago, siimav said:

New Features

• Add PartModule-level validation to KCT and make procedural avionics the first to use it #1633. In practice this means that even locked avionics/engine configs can be selected and used in simulations.
  • Add kerbal chute and eva pack selection to KCT crew assignment dialog #1583

Parts

• Add Support for the new RCS Blocks that Squad added for KSP v1.11
  • Configure NFP Engines #1614
  • Add NFLV support #1611
  • Add ECM, tech config for high performance prototype engines #1597
  • Add support for ROC Zenit camera system #1629

Contracts

• Disable GPS and GLONASS contracts #1608
  • Fix duration getting reset on "Orbital Flight with Maneuvers and 2+ Crew" contract
  • Prevent Surface Outpost contracts from choosing any vessel #1630

Miscellaneous

• Do not allow vessels with locked parts to be added to build plans
  • Procedural avionics window UX improvements #1631
  • Add MLI PARTUPGRADES #1632, #1634
  • Add KCT configs for more fuel types #1637
  • Fix RF basecost patch not getting applied #1623
  • Add missing Crew Training for RO parts #1636
  • Move RF resource cost setting from RO to RP-0 #1640
  • Add tip about simulating airlaunches
  • Add untooled parts reminder

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav, @StonesmileGit, @pap1723, @Capkirk123, @Teykn, @NathanKell, @arrowmaster

Nice! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 3:18 PM, jjjoohhn said:

just installed ksp, how many ram do i need to use this mod?

On 3/2/2022 at 3:43 PM, Joesk said:

With my experience with the game. I would recommend a min of 16Gb but 32 is better.

In my experience, it is possible to run RP-1 with 8 GiB RAM, but not with 6 GiB RAM. That said, 8 GiB is not exactly a nice experience. To get it working, I'm using Linux with a 6 GiB swap disk (equivalent to a page file in windows), and starting X without a Desktop Environment (i.e. no start menu, desktop icons, background image, etc.). So on Windows, MacOS, or a normal Linux install, you'll need at least 12 GiB of RAM.  And that presupposes that you use the low res graphics pack, for the medium res graphics pack I estimate that you would need at least 16 GiB of RAM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I tried playing with the launch complex branch, ksp communityfixes master branch, realism overhaul master branch but there is no 1957 scenario and there is still build points instead personnel to hire and put into as scientist or construction workers like in a stream made by nathankell of rp-1. What do I do? Also, does this require a log file?3mtcpwuwntt81.png?width=1920&format=png&

1h1pj6r7xut81.png?width=1920&format=png&

Meanwhile, there's been a couple of releases...

Parts

Miscellaneous

• Add tooltip with required tech node to procedural avionics window
  • Fix vessel ghosting in Space Center scene
  • Fix cfg syntax errors by @HebaruSan in #1643 and #1652
  • Try to autoresolve ship build issues that cost next to nothing
  • Tank Definition PartUpgrades by @DRVeyl in #1651

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav, @StonesmileGit, @HebaruSan, @Capkirk123, @NathanKell, @DRVeyl

Parts

Miscellaneous

• Fix issue with crewmember flight log not getting persisted correctly. This meant that nauts didn't properly get experience and retirement bonuses. This issue also had the side effect of crew not waking up from g-induced LoC.
  • Fix avionics getting briefly locked at flight scene load
  • Disable stock ∆v widget and associated calculations

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @Capkirk123, @siimav, @NathanKell, @TwistedGiraffe

Hi, I have a question about RP-1 and the difficulty settings. 

I'm planning to play RP-1 for the first time in many years and want a bit more wiggle room for failures and a bit less grind. I don't want to compromise on the realism of the physics, only the career aspect. Will selecting the easy difficulty break the game progression or is it fun and playable? Should I adjust any other settings in the difficulty meny?  :)

If you have any other recommendations, please let me know. 

Ok changed over to ksp 1.12 and loaded all the mods. But when I tried my save from 1.10 version. One craft (my Venera 1 probe for the USSR mission) has the part Microengine.V2 as missing so it doesn't load the vessel. I looked in the files for it and it is listed as both a vens part and squad part in the 1.10 ver. But in 1.12 version I can't find it. Was it a changed to a RP/RO excluded part?

On 4/27/2022 at 2:50 AM, MaltYebisu said:

Hi, I have a question about RP-1 and the difficulty settings. 

I'm planning to play RP-1 for the first time in many years and want a bit more wiggle room for failures and a bit less grind. I don't want to compromise on the realism of the physics, only the career aspect. Will selecting the easy difficulty break the game progression or is it fun and playable? Should I adjust any other settings in the difficulty meny?  :)

If you have any other recommendations, please let me know. 

If it's your first game in a long time but you've played RP-1 before, I'd try normal difficulty.  The contract progression and physics are all the same, it's just that easier difficulty settings provide more funds for each contract, as well as more time to complete each one.