RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

7 hours ago, Joesk said:

Ok changed over to ksp 1.12 and loaded all the mods. But when I tried my save from 1.10 version. One craft (my Venera 1 probe for the USSR mission) has the part Microengine.V2 as missing so it doesn't load the vessel. I looked in the files for it and it is listed as both a vens part and squad part in the 1.10 ver. But in 1.12 version I can't find it. Was it a changed to a RP/RO excluded part?

Create a .cfg file inside your gamedata and copy the following patch inside it:

+PART[microEngine]:FINAL 
{
  @name = microEngine_v2 
  @description = temp, don't use me, use the other one!
  @title ^= :$: DontUseMe:
}

This will create a duplicate part with the identity of the _v2, so if something does reference it, there's something to find.  You'll notice you have the wrong one if you try to pull it from the picker because of the description and title. You can later ensure your saves and crafts don't have this part and remove this patch.

14 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

If it's your first game in a long time but you've played RP-1 before, I'd try normal difficulty.  The contract progression and physics are all the same, it's just that easier difficulty settings provide more funds for each contract, as well as more time to complete each one.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me. :) I've not yet decided if Easy or Normal is the best for my first play. Longer time to complete contracts will probably save me from going bankrupt because of my poor planning skills. :D

I played RP-0 the most, but I tried RP-1 a little bit before my old computer started having problems with larger crafts. The low frame rate made it too much of a chore. My new computer should be able to handle it when it arrives. 

I saw the new series on @NathanKell 's Youtube Channel. The Launch Complexes dev. branch seems interesting, but I'll just use the quick install in CKAN to avoid spending too much time trouble shooting my poor install. ;)

On 4/29/2022 at 12:09 PM, MaltYebisu said:

I saw the new series on @NathanKell 's Youtube Channel. The Launch Complexes dev. branch seems interesting, but I'll just use the quick install in CKAN to avoid spending too much time trouble shooting my poor install. ;)

I agree with this plan.  Launch Complex branch is too much of a moving target atm.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, LTL King said:

I have been trying to new install of RSS. RP1/0
I can't get it to work. I've tried many versions;
Most recent KSP, 1.12, 1.11, 1.2.3, 1.1.3 and a few others.
I can't seem to get any version of RP to allow the install.

Ckan did allow realism overhaul but couldn't get kopernicus to work.

https://prnt.sc/iepSmdEGx43e

I think the trick is that in CKAN, in "Settings" -> "Compatible Game versions" you need to also mark the version "1.11" as compatible.

I do not really know why (I was staring at the versions tab, and the requirements listed there), but this allowed me to install "Realistic Progression One (RP-1) Express Install" on my KSP 1.12.3 without any further problems.

I'm almost sure that this "1.11" is mentioned somewhere in the RP-1 Wiki documents, so you cannot blame the authors ;) (I know, because I've found that info after I have selected multiple older versions to see which one would let me install this mod).

Also, be sure to NOT have any of the new DLC - only the core KSP. I've made that mistake, and then I got some strange errors when actually starting the game. Reinstalled without DLC, got the mod from CKAN, and I am now a happy user!

27 minutes ago, LTL King said:

I have been trying to new install of RSS. RP1/0
I can't get it to work. I've tried many versions;
Most recent KSP, 1.12, 1.11, 1.2.3, 1.1.3 and a few others.
I can't seem to get any version of RP to allow the install.

Ckan did allow realism overhaul but couldn't get kopernicus to work.

https://prnt.sc/iepSmdEGx43e

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Express-Installation-for-1.12.3

7 hours ago, AVaughan said:

@LTL King In the steam beta tab select none.

12 hours ago, LTL King said:

Is that the most current version with RP1?

If I have v1.9 but rp1 says it will only work up to 1.12.3 Why should I allow ksp to update to most current non beta version?

Edited by LTL King

14 hours ago, LTL King said:

Is that the most current version with RP1?
How do I get that version?
https://prnt.sc/zo6hLzPLStCU

I'm sorry for possible confusion...

To clarify: my exact version of KSP is 1.12.3.3172, but I have it from GOG, not Steam.

Using CKAN I have installed "Realistic Progressions One (RP-1) Expres Install" version v1.0, and..

..and it has pulled as its dependency "Realistic Progression One (RP-1)" version v1.11.9.0.

A few days ago (2022-05-12 02:17 CEST, to be precise) it was probably the latest. Today I see that CKAN has a new version of RP-1, available for update: v1.11.10.0

Now I'm wondering what can possibly go wrong, and which of the other packages shall I update.. Hmm.

31 minutes ago, Kazkar said:

I'm sorry for possible confusion...

So the most current version of RP1 and dependencies works with 1.12....?

I got it to work but would I be able to get KSP 1.2-1.5-1.6-1.7...
Preferably to get 1.9.
Bugs features ect.

Where's the best place to get craft files.
Kerbalx-No. Steam-No. Curse-No
Not that many uploads RP1 files.
I'm not asking for a solution. Just if I'm struggling something in each node unlocked to allow me to modify it a little and make it do what I need.
I stopped the last time at passing by the moon and couldn't find any good craft files for 1st moon interactions up through Saturn V.

The tech tree doesn't allow to get Saturn parts when your running out of money to get contracts to get the science.

@LTL King KSP 1.12.3 is the latest version of KSP.   (Do not read version numbers as decimal numbers, read them as major version <separator> minor version <separator> patch level.  1.12 is later than 1.9.

KSP 1.12.3 is the only version of KSP that the latest release of RO, RP-1 and related mods is designed to work with.

@Kazkar  RO, RP-1 and a number of other related mods had new releases about 24-48 hours ago.  The CKAN metadata tab has links to the github repositories.  The github release page for each mod lists the changes.  From memory most of the changes shouldn't break anything in existing saves.  

However do not update Scatterer.  For some reason new versions of scatterer break things.

Edited by AVaughan

20 hours ago, LTL King said:

So the most current version of RP1 and dependencies works with 1.12....?

I got it to work but would I be able to get KSP 1.2-1.5-1.6-1.7...
Preferably to get 1.9.
Bugs features ect.

You are more likely to have problems the farther back you go. It's not only RP-1, the express install pulls in a lot of RO dependencies and other mods as well, many of which have long since dropped support for anything lower than 1.8-1.10. 

12 minutes ago, LTL King said:

I need an inline chute and I can't find the aerobee chute pack in parts or tech tree.
Is it in a different mod?

https://prnt.sc/YBw4F2F1X6Wx

https://prnt.sc/toMUW0ZEqPH3

https://prnt.sc/vNhLX4zDJUwA

RealChute - Look for the parachute symbol custom category in the part menu. The inline chute can be resized as needed by selecting it with the action menu open. 

Hey guys, is it possible for someone to share config files for Habtech2 parts for rp1? It would be real shame for it to not be part of such a legendary career mode. Thanks!

*edit: duplicate text correction

Edited by grexon1717
duplicate text correction

On 5/22/2022 at 4:53 AM, Grimmas said:

You could work on it :) HT2 is already configured for RealismOverhaul, so the only thing left to do is to configure it for the RP-1 tech tree.

Well, I just managed to do it and import all parts into the tech tree and so far it works solid. The thing is, I don't know how to share it as I have imported parts through the RP-0 part browser app. Any ideas how such parts of configs get shared around for others?

50 minutes ago, grexon1717 said:

Well, I just managed to do it and import all parts into the tech tree and so far it works solid. The thing is, I don't know how to share it as I have imported parts through the RP-0 part browser app. Any ideas how such parts of configs get shared around for others?

From wiki:

Finally, you need to click "Generate Configs" in the top left. This edits four .cfg files in RP-0/GameData/Tree (TREE-Parts.cfg, TREE-Engines.cfg, ECM-Parts.cfg, and ECM-Engines.cfg) that will actually apply the changes in game. Once you've tested everything and are ready to submit your changes for review, make a fork of the RP-1 repository and then create a pull request.