RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

@Galileo chiu I don't have a Mac, so I can't test on OSX, but typically people having problems on Windows have skimmed through the instructions and missed one or more steps. 

The most common one seems to be : 

3. Open CKAN > Settings > "Compatible game versions" and mark KSP version 1.11 as compatible.

(Also Intel or Apple M1 CPU?  I'm only assuming that KSP, RP-1 and everything else work on the new Apple CPUs).

7 hours ago, AVaughan said:

@Galileo chiu I don't have a Mac, so I can't test on OSX, but typically people having problems on Windows have skimmed through the instructions and missed one or more steps. 

The most common one seems to be : 

(Also Intel or Apple M1 CPU?  I'm only assuming that KSP, RP-1 and everything else work on the new Apple CPUs).

Yeah, M1, I can't find the settings on CKAN

On Window the windows GUI it is "Settings" -> "Compatible game versions".

2 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

Yeah, M1, I can't find the settings on CKAN

A little bit of research says that CKAN uses a console UI on current versions of OSX.   From https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#Using-the-console-UI

Choosing compatible game versions

F10

Game instance settings...

Tab three times to get to the compatible version list

Press A and select a new version from the list to add it as compatible

In general, you will get faster support (and often from someone better than me) on discord.  https://discord.gg/VdsxK9p7QC

36 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

On Window the windows GUI it is "Settings" -> "Compatible game versions".

A little bit of research says that CKAN uses a console UI on current versions of OSX.   From https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#Using-the-console-UI

In general, you will get faster support (and often from someone better than me) on discord.  https://discord.gg/VdsxK9p7QC

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Something is happening...

akmOcS4.png

I met all the requirements for a contract. (I even deleted in the cfg of the contract pack the requirement of having completed a previous contract, which it was met as well, hoping to fix it). But the contract REFUSES to being offered. I can't move on with the progression... 

No one answering in Career Evolution thread. Any help here?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is could be considered "not directly linked to RP-1", but I have a question regarding the express install:

Should early engines Like the (aerobee and A-4) have smoke trails on launch? I do not see any.

The express install installs waterfall and smokescreen, but it's unclear whether I should expect smoke trails for these early engines.

Thanks!

PS: (i'm happy to go to either one of those threads once I know where to start)

Edited by jstnj

7 hours ago, siimav said:

No, liquid engines aren't supposed to have smoke trails.

Aerobee_RTV-A-1_2_Dec_1949.jpg?166179899

I guess this is indicative of a solid stage before the WAC stage then? Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by jstnj

2 hours ago, jstnj said:

Aerobee_RTV-A-1_2_Dec_1949.jpg?166179899

I guess this is indicative of a solid stage before the WAC stage then? Thanks for clarifying!

Aerobee had a solid first stage derived from wac corporal.  If you're recreating this make sure to ignite the second stage before the solid stage burns out (tank ulage)

• 2 weeks later...

Loving RP-1 with KSP 1.12.3. Works really well and great visuals with RTX 3070.

One thing I cannot figure out -- how do I get solar panels that track the sun? I use parts that seem like they are supposed to track the sun like  ROS-FoldingSolarPanel but they do not track the sun. What tech node do I need to get tracking solar panels? And what panels are supposed to track the sun?

-Thanks

I'm having a weird issue with mechjeb windows. The ascent window is taller than the actual screen space and when I try to drag the window down so I can see the top the window jumps right back to the top. Other menus do the same thing jumping back to a position where they are centered between the top and bottom of the screen. No issues dragging them left and right.

Yep, The only thing I didn't do is use CKAN, but I downloaded it manually. Most of RP-1 works the only thing. that I think why it falls is because RSS is not properly installed some. It says that it couldn't create a contract for to specifically go somewhere because I think My RSS is somehow not properly installed

Is there a way to stop RP0KCT to already offer still-to-be-unlocked parts from the R&D tech progress in VAB/SPH?

This behaviour forces the player to always know which parts are not-yet-unlocked which can become annoying when building a new vessel, expecially in early career.

Edited by Gordon Dry

6 hours ago, Kerbalistic1 said:

The only thing I didn't do is use CKAN, but I downloaded it manually.

Then you didn't follow the instructions.  Best guess is you are missing one or more dependencies somewhere. 

Start with a clean copy of KSP 1.12.3, use CKAN and follow the instructions.  Don't install anything other than the three? mods the express install recommends until after you have checked you have a working install.

6 hours ago, Kerbalistic1 said:

I think why it falls is because RSS is not properly installed some.

You aren't trying to install Parallax 2 are you?  Because from what i have heard Parallax 2 and RSS currently aren't incompatible.