RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

39 minutes ago, Kerbalistic1 said:

I dint want to install CKAN and mono, I know what CKAN is but I don't know what mono is.

Mono is a tool for running C# apps on Mac and Linux. KSP mods are written in C#, so CKAN was as well.

RP-1 has a huge tree of dozens of dependencies, and a lot of people wish to install it. No one has enough free hours to walk users through the task of installing all of those dependencies by hand and debugging their manual installation errors. Even if someone did have that time, that would be a tedious way to waste it. The RP-1 team has chosen CKAN as their tool for managing that complexity. It's probably the only way you'll get an RP-1 install that works.

1 hour ago, Kerbalistic1 said:

Its just stuck even though I installed everything properly

Well not to be too blunt but clearly you haven't installed it correctly or it would work. 

You can't say you don't want to follow the instructions and then expect help when you fail.

One of the most common causes of your issue is incorrect versions of mods installed, for example Parallax, don't install the latest it won't work.

Incorrect versions of each mod could cause your install to fail. We can't possibly talk you through each mod in turn.  Especially when there are pages and pages of the same questions asked and answered in this forum post already.

The team have taken dozens of mods by dozens of authors and put them in a package install that's tested, bug fixed and given love to ensure it works for the end user.

If you really want to play RSS/RO/RP1 use the install instructions, it's how it works.

It's as simple as that.

Edited by Cruesoe
Added hyperlink

I just had an occurance of bad hotstaging. As it always worked before with other vessels I have no clue what the reason was.
The 2nd stage engine already started to fire just after launch - it should have been started 1s before the 1st stage flames out and gets decoupled.

I used the "Truss Interstage" that comes with ROTanks and set it up to be the BDB "LDC Titan Interstage Decoupler".

Edit:
Perhaps the hot staging does not like it if a "normal, non-procedural" interstage part is used at a mount interstage node of a ROTank?

Edited by Gordon Dry

Hey guys, dumb, and (hopefully) quick question here: I'm just to the point in my progression where I'm getting to EVAs, only the EVA doesn't have nitrogen or apparently any RCS? Yes, he's got a jetpack & chute. Added N2 tank to the craft, filled it with N2... but it completely disappears when an EVA leaves, even though it's more than one Kerbal's worth. The tech tree has thrown me plenty of curves so far, am I just missing something painfully obvious here?

Why are the Aerobee parts from RN US Rockets set to higher tech tree tiers; like the "Aerobee Sounding Rocket Motor" (rn_aerobee150_eng) is set to orbitalRocketry1959 to begin with?

Is this done on purpose to make the decision to use those parts instead of the RP-1 / RO shipped parts harder?

Hi all - I'm having some issues with my RO/RP-1 build. Could use some help, and/or flag a possible issue with the current CKAN mod setup.

I'm using the express guide (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Express-Installation-for-1.12.3) with a fresh KSP 1.12.3 install off Steam. Installed as of today's CKAN setup. All mods that were auto-recommended through CKAN for the express install were selected, as well as "high" graphics options (my computer isn't the bottleneck).

I can get into the game just fine, but once in career mode, things get weird. I can't access the assembly buildings or tracking station; once I click into the R&D tree or administration building, I can't leave... I exit out, and the screen remains the same (oddly enough, though, I can continue to click and access toolbar buttons and buttons in the respective building screens). My "exit to main menu" option button, as well as the others, no longer work.

The issue has persisted through multiple fresh reinstallations of KSP, so not a unique instance issue.

I've seen that this is a longstanding recurring issue with KSP - and everything I've tried to remedy from past fixes (de-checking 'declutter KSP' in settings; clicking the screen lock in debug and on the tool bar) doesn't work.

Could this a dependency issue? Mod issue? Issue with install? I didn't do anything other than the 2-step process for the express install, so I'm struggling to see how this could be user error.

Truly appreciate your help! Thanks! Played the mod back in the RP-0 days, and it was the most wonderful gaming experience I've ever had... looking forward to getting back! 

Edited by CodyK

13 hours ago, Hicham Mohsen said:

I have installed a fresh copy of 1.12.3 and downloaded RP-1, but the entry cost for part is not active, and i am able to choose any avionics level i want even though i just started the save!

Any help?

You can design and simulate with any level of avionics (and tanks/engines configs) but you can't actually build and launch until your research finishes and you pay for the parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kspperson said:

Just as a quick question: If  install RP-1 with a couple stock games, will RP-1 corrupt (Or atleast destroy the crafts in the save) if i install it?

Yep, you can't use the stock-ish save or craft files in RO/RP-1.  It's always better to install RP-1 on a completely clean download of KSP.

34 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

Yep, you can't use the stock-ish save or craft files in RO/RP-1.  It's always better to install RP-1 on a completely clean download of KSP.

Thanks, so how would I get a clean install? Do I install ksp again? Sorry if I’m sounding stupid but how do I get a clean download?

58 minutes ago, kspperson said:

Thanks, so how would I get a clean install? Do I install ksp again? Sorry if I’m sounding stupid but how do I get a clean download?

No worries.  You can do a google search for this but the basic idea is you move your current game folder to another spot then install the game as if it was a new game. 

If you are using Steam you would open Steam, right click on Kerbal Space Program and select Manage->Browse local files.  If you go 'up' one level to the Kerbal Space Program folder you can then move it anywhere you want on your hard drive.  Move it rather than copy it so your default KSP directory location is now empty.  It doesn't use DRM so you can run this copied game without going through Steam.

Next from Steam right click on KSP again and select Manage->Uninstall.  Finally reinstall.

Pro tip:  You can have any number of KSP games installed and it's a good idea to move your RP-1 save to another location so Steam doesn't automatically update it, which can break RP-1.