RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

9 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

No worries.  You can do a google search for this but the basic idea is you move your current game folder to another spot then install the game as if it was a new game. 

If you are using Steam you would open Steam, right click on Kerbal Space Program and select Manage->Browse local files.  If you go 'up' one level to the Kerbal Space Program folder you can then move it anywhere you want on your hard drive.  Move it rather than copy it so your default KSP directory location is now empty.  It doesn't use DRM so you can run this copied game without going through Steam.

Next from Steam right click on KSP again and select Manage->Uninstall.  Finally reinstall.

Pro tip:  You can have any number of KSP games installed and it's a good idea to move your RP-1 save to another location so Steam doesn't automatically update it, which can break RP-1.

Just one more quick question before i download Rp-1, I've downloaded a clean copy but i intended installing using CKAN, I already had CKAN on my previous game, Would CKAN work for the previous game, or would It work for the newly installed game? 

Nevermind i figured it out, CKAN only works for the newly installed version. So i searched up RP-1 on CKAN, and a couple of the dependencies were Rdd saying "This doesn't support your game version" even though it was installed to the newest version. Should I install the red  mods anyway?

2 hours ago, kspperson said:

Nevermind i figured it out, CKAN only works for the newly installed version. So i searched up RP-1 on CKAN, and a couple of the dependencies were Rdd saying "This doesn't support your game version" even though it was installed to the newest version. Should I install the red  mods anyway?

The RP-1 install instructions are at https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Express-Installation-for-1.12.3 .
KSP 1.12.4 probably works, but I haven't tested it.  (You might need to tell ckan to consider ksp 1.12.3 mos as compatible). 

Hi,

Quick question on the most recent installation;

I am going to use real antennas, shall I need to enable commnet at difficulty settings? (remotetech, we had to keep them off)

Is it enough to set moderate difficulty without altering any other default settings (except for commnet) ? 

Do I need to keep reverting flights on in order for simulations to work?

Any other slider adjustments in game settings for best realistic outcome?

-Thank you 

I have a problem:

I've gotten to rockets over 20T,  I needed a better guidance unit but i've looked through a lot of the tech nodes, i found ZERO upgraded guidance units, I only have the stock guidance units that only can control crafts up to 20T, Help? I even tried upgrading avionics but nope, cant control any of my rockets, so confused.

3 hours ago, kspperson said:

I have a problem:

I've gotten to rockets over 20T,  I needed a better guidance unit but i've looked through a lot of the tech nodes, i found ZERO upgraded guidance units, I only have the stock guidance units that only can control crafts up to 20T, Help? I even tried upgrading avionics but nope, cant control any of my rockets, so confused.

Assuming your RP-1 is properly installed, and not years old, you should have a procedural avionics core, where you can select the controllable mass and the type of avionics (deep space, near earth, science core).   

7 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Assuming your RP-1 is properly installed, and not years old, you should have a procedural avionics core, where you can select the controllable mass and the type of avionics (deep space, near earth, science core).   

Thanks, didnt realize there were variables you could edit below the upgrades to the avionics, I understand now.

I have a game breaking issue. Whenever I time warp on the surface if the moon, my craft teleports a few kilometers into the air. I get a similar bug when switching between vessels on the surface. Is there a fix for this? I have a clean RP-1 install via Ckan and have fully updated the mods. Really would like to get this fixed before I commit more time to this career. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 11:46 AM, Mike106 said:

I have a game breaking issue. Whenever I time warp on the surface if the moon, my craft teleports a few kilometers into the air. I get a similar bug when switching between vessels on the surface. Is there a fix for this? I have a clean RP-1 install via Ckan and have fully updated the mods. Really would like to get this fixed before I commit more time to this career. Thanks. 

I had a similar problem with one of the RestockPlus landing legs in a non-RP-1 RSS game.   As long as they were deployed, things would instantly shoot upwards.

On 11/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, Mike106 said:

This is a known issue and been around for quite some time. I don't know if and or when a fix is coming but, a workaround I use is to switch to a vessel in orbit or the tracking station  then warp and then switch back to the vessel on the moon. 

8 hours ago, Opus said:

This is a known issue and been around for quite some time. I don't know if and or when a fix is coming but, a workaround I use is to switch to a vessel in orbit or the tracking station  then warp and then switch back to the vessel on the moon. 

Personally I'm not sure that would work.  When I've had this issue, it seems to trigger whenever physics kicks in, so switching back to the craft from somewhere else is probably enough to trigger it.   In my last campaign, I simply avoided non-physics timewarping during my manned lunar landing.  

@Mike106 I think certain landing legs are more problematic than others.  From memory avoid the micro landing legs.  (Assuming a full express install, you should be able to resize the larger legs).   I've also had issues with the landing legs on at least one version of the premade LEM.

I've also seen players suggest https://github.com/gotmachine/PhysicsHold .  No idea if that works, or if it breaks anything in RP-1.

3 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Personally I'm not sure that would work.  When I've had this issue, it seems to trigger whenever physics kicks in, so switching back to the craft from somewhere else is probably enough to trigger it.   In my last campaign, I simply avoided non-physics timewarping during my manned lunar landing.  

@Mike106 I think certain landing legs are more problematic than others.  From memory avoid the micro landing legs.  (Assuming a full express install, you should be able to resize the larger legs).   I've also had issues with the landing legs on at least one version of the premade LEM.

I've also seen players suggest https://github.com/gotmachine/PhysicsHold .  No idea if that works, or if it breaks anything in RP-1.

Always works for me...

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, yoarebignoob said:

does it count as cheating if you dont train your crew (example gemini which takes a total of like 225 days), and instead use a plane cockpit on the tower with access to the command pod so you can save your self 225 days.

From memory, there is a difficulty option to disable training.  What are suggesting is functionally equivalent as turning that option off.  Some people would consider your work-around as a form of cheating.
But RP-1 is a single player game, so you can play however you want.

Do note that you can start capsule training as soon as you add the capsule to the research queue.  If you do that then training is typically finished in plenty of time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be able to get minimal control with science-core avionics and RCS (H&N keys- prograde/retrograde), but this no longer works with my recent updates.  Has that functionality been removed?

I also used to be able to play the game with comnet turned off, but now it seems like comnet is mandatory to control vessels and get science.  Is that the case?

Thanks

13 hours ago, BBM said:

I used to be able to get minimal control with science-core avionics and RCS (H&N keys- prograde/retrograde), but this no longer works with my recent updates.  Has that functionality been removed?

I also used to be able to play the game with comnet turned off, but now it seems like comnet is mandatory to control vessels and get science.  Is that the case?

From memory, the science core prograde/retrograde bit now requires a particular level of avionics, so early probes won't be able to do that, whilst later ones will.

Real antennas is built on top of comnet, so that is why comnet needs to be on.   

Hi all,

Can you add an assembly line in RSS/RO/RP1/KCT for having multiple vessels being built simultaneously, and if so, how? I can't find any options in any of the menus in the game, and even checking persistent.sfs and KCT presets has given me no clue whether this is even possible, although some videos I've seen suggest it is.

Thank you!

Gr,

5 hours ago, Hoozemans said:

Hi all,

Can you add an assembly line in RSS/RO/RP1/KCT for having multiple vessels being built simultaneously, and if so, how? I can't find any options in any of the menus in the game, and even checking persistent.sfs and KCT presets has given me no clue whether this is even possible, although some videos I've seen suggest it is.

Thank you!

Gr,

Upgrading the VAB gets an extra production line.  (You also need to spend KCT points to level up its build rate).

On 12/30/2022 at 5:23 AM, AVaughan said:

From memory, the science core prograde/retrograde bit now requires a particular level of avionics, so early probes won't be able to do that, whilst later ones will.

Real antennas is built on top of comnet, so that is why comnet needs to be on.   

Thanks.

I have also tried turning off part failures everywhere I can find the option, but they keep occurring regardless.  Is it still possible to turn failures off?  I don't have the frustration tolerance to deal with those...

• 2 weeks later...

So, I had a game of RP-1 on steam and my previous game in a different area in my files. ive decided that i want my previous game back on steam. Is there a safe way to transfer a game to steam?

Because i tried copying my files, and the saves with the mod Extraplanetary Launchpads say "file incompatible" or something like that.