RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

So the contracts are now working. Just the KCT.

Here are the logs:

Player.log: https://uloz.to/file/kn96ZbWgdTtw/player-log (I can't pastebin it; my computer can't paste this file larger than my classmate's ego)

KSP.log: https://uloz.to/file/6046kwQ9dM7z/ksp-log (Also bigger than his ego)

Don't worry about this czech file sharing software, it's ok and only software where i have an account.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:52 PM, Stone Blue said:

Look for a link below that, for "Older Versions" .... KSP Store still has all major releases from 1.7.3 back to 1.0.5

Thank you for the reply. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? In the store (link) I can't find any older versions. (Feeling a bit like an idiot... :()

Alternative question: Is there a plan/roadmap for RP-1 for version 1.8.1?

Edited by Maestro22

@KnedlikMCPE  A number of exceptions in that KSP.log, but I'm not sure which ones actually matter.  (Principia in particular is throwing exceptions during load but I've never used it, so I'm not sure how significant those are).

Regarding KCT.  Are you sure it is properly installed?  From the log, there is no KerbalConstructionTime directory in gamedata.  The dll wasn't found either.  (You are also appear to be missing ClickThroughBlocker and ToolBar controller, which are two of its dependencies).

4 hours ago, AVaughan said:

@KnedlikMCPE  A number of exceptions in that KSP.log, but I'm not sure which ones actually matter.  (Principia in particular is throwing exceptions during load but I've never used it, so I'm not sure how significant those are).

Regarding KCT.  Are you sure it is properly installed?  From the log, there is no KerbalConstructionTime directory in gamedata.  The dll wasn't found either.  (You are also appear to be missing ClickThroughBlocker and ToolBar controller, which are two of its dependencies).

And how am i supposed to properly manual install KCT? It’s so complicated!

The recommended way is via ckan.  Indeed the recommended way to install RO/RP-1 is to follow the install instructions, which uses ckan to install as much as possible.  https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.7.3 .  (And I mean really follow those instructions.  Over 90% of installation support requests on discord are caused by people not following those instructions).

17 hours ago, Maestro22 said:

Alternative question: Is there a plan/roadmap for RP-1 for version 1.8.1?

I can't speak for the RO/RP-1 devs, but they can't really start working on a 1.8.1 release until after there is a Kopernicus release for 1.8.1.  (Kopernicus is being worked on, and will hopefully release soon.  But every time somebody says they think it is almost ready, somebody seems to find a new bug).

So my personal and unofficial opinion is don't expect a 1.8.1 RO release anytime soon, and definitely nothing before Kopernicus releases for 1.8.1.

16 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

The recommended way is via ckan.  Indeed the recommended way to install RO/RP-1 is to follow the install instructions, which uses ckan to install as much as possible.  https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/RO-&-RP-1-Installation-for-1.7.3 .  (And I mean really follow those instructions.  Over 90% of installation support requests on discord are caused by people not following those instructions).

I’m on mac and CKAN doesn’t work for me, so i’m installing everything manually. Is there a guide for manual install?

2 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

I’m on mac and CKAN doesn’t work for me, so i’m installing everything manually. Is there a guide for manual install?

My understanding is that Ckan should work on a Mac.  (But I don't have one to test with).  See https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Installing-CKAN-on-OSX.

I'm not aware of a guide to installing RO/RP-1 manually.  But it should just be a matter of manually installing the same mods.  The tricky bit will be making sure you get the right versions and don't forget any dependencies.

1 hour ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

It is 32bit which is unsupported, so is there a tutorial how to install it manually?

Edit: Solved it! Just somehow accidentally deleted KCT from GameData. Also, is there a tutorial how to hell rendezvous and dock in RSS?

Edited by KnedlikMCPE
SOLVED

52 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

It is 32bit which is unsupported, so is there a tutorial how to install it manually?

Edit: Solved it! Just somehow accidentally deleted KCT from GameData. Also, is there a tutorial how to hell rendezvous and dock in RSS?

CKAN will work on a Mac in console mode.  You can run it from the Terminal.  I installed it using something called Homebrew, which is a tool for installing Unix programs.  You can find it here:

https://brew.sh/

Basically you go there and copy/past the small ruby script on the screen into your Terminal window.  Once you've installed the base software you can then install CKAN by typing 'brew install ckan' in the Terminal.  After that's installed you just type 'ckan consoleui' to run it in console (text) mode.  It's not quite as good but it will work.

I don't think there's a tutorial, but the most important thing is to launch into the same plane as your docking target, as is done irl. This can be done fairly easily using MechJeb's PVG mode. After your rocket is on the pad, switch to map view and choose your target in LEO. Then select the "launch into same plane as target" button at the bottom of the MJ ascent guidance window, and engage the ascent guidance. Once you're in a coplanar orbit with your target, it's just a matter of phasing orbits followed by a hohman transfer as in standard KSP.

Edited by Norcalplanner

Does RP-1 support procedural SRBs in 1.7.3?

I noticed that, after installing RP-1 (v1.2.1.), the Procedural SRB part vanished from VAB part menu, even in sandbox mode.

I have installed Procedural Parts 1.13.19. from Github, as instructions specify.

1 hour ago, viktor19 said:

Thanks for the info :)

I haven't played KSP with RO since 1.2.2. Is there a known reason why procedural SRBs are not supported anymore?

Because 1.3.1 update broke them and they have been disabled since. They might get fixed in the near future but even then they would need additional balancing before we can make them available in RP-1.

Hi there,

If got a problem with a specific Avionics core. Because its called RP0probeAvionics I hope I'm in the right thread =).

Problem:

The avionics module get overheated while reentry and the heat shield does not seem to work at all. So I checked the ModuleManager.ConfigCache and I think, that the module got a wrong configured second drag cube which is too big. I guess that invisible drag cube is quite bigger as the core and also bigger than the 1m heatshield. But since I have almost no glue about part configs I might be wrong:

TechRequired = avionicsPrototypes
		cost = 300
		entryCost = 4000
		DRAG_CUBE
		{
			cube = Default,0.4049120484,0.7806778,0.4372983912,0.4049120484,0.7806778,0.4372983912,0.49105428082272,0.9183766,0.5737258,0.49105428082272,0.9590334,0.5462748,0.4049120484,0.774645,0.4372983912,0.4049120484,0.774645,0.4372983912,0,0,0,0.813,0.5000004,0.813
			rescaleX = 0.3252
			rescaleY = 1.0
			rescaleZ = 0.3252
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = AYA_SAS
		}
		MODEL
		{
			model = ReStock/Assets/Control/restock-reactionwheel-25-1
			scale = 0.3252, 1.0, 0.3252
		}
		DRAG_CUBE
		{
			cube = Default, 1.245,0.7807,1.345, 1.245,0.7807,1.345, 4.643,0.9184,0.5737, 4.643,0.959,0.5463, 1.245,0.7746,1.345, 1.245,0.7746,1.345, 0,0,0, 2.5,0.5,2.5
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleSYPartTracker
		}

There are my KSP.log and full ModuleManager.ConfigCache: RP0probeAvionics0-81m.zip

Kind Regards

PatSch

Edited by ThePatsch78
typos

On 2/1/2020 at 5:45 AM, KnedlikMCPE said:

Is there a tutorial for rendezvous and docking in RSS?

I am guessing you know how to dock and rendezvous in stock?

What is the issue?  The only difference in RSS is reaction wheels can not hold your orientation and the distances are much larger and thus more sensitive.  RCS placement is pretty important.  You dont want your translations causing rotation and rotations causing translations.  Caps lock will help with this but you still need a decent RCS layout.

For rendezvous:

1. Set your orbit circular above or below your target depending if you need to catch up (below) or it needs to catch up (above)

2. Put a node anywhere on the orbit and pull retrograde until you see a closest approach

3. Hit next orbit until your intercept is a close as you can get it (~ 2500 km)

4. Drag the node around the orbit until closest approach is < 25km (you may have to adjust retrograde/prograde depending how circular the orbit is) this is an engine burn and should be 20-200 dv depending on orbit differences

5. Using MJ manorvor node editor add or subtract .1 or .01 dv from prograde until closest approach is as small as possiable < 5km (these adjustments should be less then 2 dv)

6 After you have made the burn you should have 180 degrees around the orbit to intercept.  Half way there create another node and pull/push AN/DN to the intercept.  Then adjust prograde/retrograde until closest approach is < 1km

7. At 45 degrees to intercept you can do one final adjustment to get closet approach < 200m (keep in mind how fast you are coming in and how big you station is as you do not want to run into it if you dont slow down quick enough.)

If that doesn't help I could put together a quick video in about a week

On 2/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, ThePatsch78 said:

Hi there,

If got a problem with a specific Avionics core. Because its called RP0probeAvionics I hope I'm in the right thread =).

Problem:

The avionics module get overheated while reentry and the heat shield does not seem to work at all. So I checked the ModuleManager.ConfigCache and I think, that the module got a wrong configured second drag cube which is too big. I guess that invisible drag cube is quite bigger as the core and also bigger than the 1m heatshield. But since I have almost no glue about part configs I might be wrong:

<snip>

There are my KSP.log and full ModuleManager.ConfigCache: RP0probeAvionics0-81m.zip

Kind Regards

PatSch

I think this is an issue in ReStock - I noticed multiple drag cubes getting added while trying to fix ReStock / RP-1 1.8 compatibility. I am preparing a PR for ReStock which should fix this issue.

Changelog from Previous Version

KCT

• Add airlaunch configs for KCT
  • Set initial build rate to 0 but 2 KCT upgrade points are available at game start (1 for VAB and another for SPH)
  • KSCs without any upgrades allocated won't get maintenance fees
  • Launchpad cost overhaul; cannot be upgraded any longer
  • Runway facility level and cost overhaul
  • Reduce the 3rd AC upgrade cost

Contracts

• X-Plane contract overhaul
  • Add soft cooldown to XPSS contract
  • Slightly increase the reward difference between low and high speeds for XPSS contract
  • Increase the reward for Crewed Records, Crewed Karman & Crewed Suborbitals
  • Unlock First EVA contract with any EVA-enabling tech
  • Make the Lunar Impactor contract more reliable
  • First Space Station Contract - change the required crew from 4 to 3 so it can be completed with Salyut 1, the actual first space station.
  • Improve displayed titles for contract requirements

Avionics

• Add Science Core avionics type
  • Add a readout of the avionics Controllable Mass in the PAW
  • Kerbalism integration for avionics, including background resource handling
  • Allow configuring stock resource handlers or Kerbalism for a loaded vessel's avionics during Flight
  • Prevent other mods from toggling non-toggleable (non hibernating) avionics
  • Procedural Avionics best effort length rescaling for target utilization

Crew

• Improve ModuleUnpressurizedCockpit and allow altitude threshold configuration
  • ModuleUnpressurizedCockpit now incapacitates the crew before killing them
  • Reworked cockpit service ceilings (WW2 cockpits are limited to 16km, X-1 to 30km or 75km based on upgrade)
  • Add Crew Training for Spaceplane cockpits
  • Mission trainings can be retaken before the previous one expires
  • Crew retirement & inactivity calculation fixes
  • All 4 starting crewmembers are now pilots
  • Don't show retirement message for killed nauts

Parts

• Add ROEngine Agenas
  • Add new XLR11 configs to the tech tree
  • Add spaceplane cockpit ECMs
  • Add support for ROSolar & Ring Decoupler from ROTanks
  • Add Support for ROE RD-0210 and RD-0212
  • Add the ORM-65, RD-1-150, RL10-C and XLR43 support for ROEngines
  • Add support for ROEngines RD211/215, RD-211, RD-215, RD109/119
  • Fix the cost of the RL10B-2
  • Remove experiment ECMs from 20in probe
  • Add the SNAP-19 RTG to identicalParts
  • Move the 1.25m Crew Carrier to the next node
  • M-1, F-1B price fixes
  • Add EngineLiquidTurbo tag to Nuclear Engines
  • Add new NuclearRTG tag to fix too high of a Nuclear penalty
  • Add support for the new ROTanks Procedural Probe Cores
  • Sample Return Capsule fixes
  • Increase the mass of some probes by 0.9kg to account for Barometer part being 0.1kg instead of 1kg
  • Update ECMs and costs for unconfigured or improperly configured engines.

Other

• Fix exceptions from RP-1 UI
  • Fix NRE from MaintenanceHandler when not in career mode
  • Update Loading Screen Tips to reflect recent changes and provide more emphasis on things like TestLite, Kerbalism, RealAntennas, and the RO mods
  • Preparations for TexturesUnlimited Support in ProcParts
  • Add DragCube debug info to PAW, enabled via Aero debug in console

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed for this release!
@lpgagnon @MikeOnTea @DRVeyl @pap1723 @siimav @Capkirk123 @Brummi1234 @norcalplanner @RCrockford

Hi,

Does the new release compatble with RP-1 1.2.1 saves?

I'm building a small jumper rocket with a X-1 cockpit to bring Kerbals until an altitude of 200 km in suborbital flight.
As I read in the changelog, the new X-1 is now only capable to go to 75 km. Above this altitude, my intrepids pilots will die. Right?