RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

Hello,

I've started playing around in RP-1 after quite a while, the last time I tried was in 1.3.1 RP-0.

I'm wondering, is KIS/KAS compatible with RP-1? I remember it was back in the day, but is it still the case? I can't find it anywhere in the wiki.

Thanks,

Michal.don

Coming back to this after having played RP-0 back in the day. First, I have to say that I am really impressed with how far this is come, hats off to the team.

I seem to be having a problem keeping my Kerbals from retiring. The two that I actually kept on the roster (you don't really need 4 in the beginning IMO, waste of money) seem to be pretty much capped at retiring in late 1958. I know that they have to retire eventually, but that is just over a year past their original retire date. All I know about that system is that sending them on "interesting flights" will push their date back. For a while, I figured that the date wasn't moving back because regular flights weren't "interesting" for them anymore. I was a bit disappointed when I landed after my first crewed suborbital flight just to find that Jebediah's retirement date only pushed back by a few days again.

The point here is that I don't really know what is going on here. The wiki is pretty vague about how this works, and I wonder if I'm missing something. Does anyone have a more in-depth explanation of how the calculation works? The actual equation would be even better.

11 hours ago, itsthatguy said:

Coming back to this after having played RP-0 back in the day. First, I have to say that I am really impressed with how far this is come, hats off to the team.

I seem to be having a problem keeping my Kerbals from retiring. The two that I actually kept on the roster (you don't really need 4 in the beginning IMO, waste of money) seem to be pretty much capped at retiring in late 1958. I know that they have to retire eventually, but that is just over a year past their original retire date. All I know about that system is that sending them on "interesting flights" will push their date back. For a while, I figured that the date wasn't moving back because regular flights weren't "interesting" for them anymore. I was a bit disappointed when I landed after my first crewed suborbital flight just to find that Jebediah's retirement date only pushed back by a few days again.

The point here is that I don't really know what is going on here. The wiki is pretty vague about how this works, and I wonder if I'm missing something. Does anyone have a more in-depth explanation of how the calculation works? The actual equation would be even better.

You can find the equation poking around in the code.

The first crew of test pilots aren't really expected to be your first astronauts. Think Chuck Yeager, not John Glenn.

Just started a new 1.8.1 RP-1 career after being away from Kerbal for a while and I'm really loving the way you guys have setup and balanced the tech tree. I'm having an issue though. I seem to not have an XLR11 in my parts list even though I have the new engine configs in the tech tree unlocked. I have all the essential part mods installed, just not Restock.

Can anyone shed some light on how Avionics configurations work? Its saying I cant afford to upgrade to certain avionics levels. I have these unlocked in R&D. I played around with it in a new save and for some reason I had to cheat add nearly 1 million funds before some of them were available. How is this configured in the files?

16 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

Can anyone shed some light on how Avionics configurations work? Its saying I cant afford to upgrade to certain avionics levels. I have these unlocked in R&D. I played around with it in a new save and for some reason I had to cheat add nearly 1 million funds before some of them were available. How is this configured in the files?

I've been following the recommendation to generally unlock parts in the VAB (in the relevant GUI for eg engine or avionics, accessed via the PAW), not R&D, and that seems to consistently give sensible prices.

4 hours ago, Such said:

I've been following the recommendation to generally unlock parts in the VAB (in the relevant GUI for eg engine or avionics, accessed via the PAW), not R&D, and that seems to consistently give sensible prices.

That's how I was doing it, with the PAW. Still needed me to add almost 1mil to access mid range avionics. Thanks anyway!

On 5/3/2020 at 11:37 AM, Qwarkk said:

That's how I was doing it, with the PAW. Still needed me to add almost 1mil to access mid range avionics. Thanks anyway!

Hm well maybe it's just that because the rest of Kerbalkind apparently live in a blissful ecotopia, you're having to fully fund Moore's law yourself.

I have installed RP1 with Real Antennas. When I launch a simple rocket from the default space center, the radio connection is not with Cape Canaveral but with the big DSN station in Madrid. The green connection line in map view goes straight through the Earth. Is it a bug?

I was wondering, is it possible to have the NoNonRP0 and NoNonRO folders only function in career mode? I notice that in the 1.7.3 installation guide, at the bottom it states that "Non-configured parts will still be visible in sandbox mode." However, in 1.8.1, this makes the parts disappear from sandbox as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I cannot seem to find the answer to the following:

1) When I switch to another launch site besides KSC, there are no facilities there and no way to build them (construct Launch Pad is not functioning). Is that supposed to work?

2) Is it possible to launch a rocket from the moon?

2 hours ago, Flannk said:

Hi all,

I cannot seem to find the answer to the following:

1) When I switch to another launch site besides KSC, there are no facilities there and no way to build them (construct Launch Pad is not functioning). Is that supposed to work?

2) Is it possible to launch a rocket from the moon?

Other sites are supposed to work, I assume you're switching with KCS switcher?

It is not possible to launch from the moon.

22 hours ago, Flibble said:

Other sites are supposed to work, I assume you're switching with KCS switcher?

It is not possible to launch from the moon.

Yes, KCS Switcher. I'll have another try now that multiple mods are updated.

And aww, no launch from the moon. Guess that I'll move a moon rocket to a spot on the moon (Hyper Edit) and pretend it was assembled on the moon. It was my intention to play the whole space race and further up to the point of humans being able to construct a manned lunar base with the goal of launching a rocket to Mars and beyond.

I'm now in 1968, first manned lunar landing with Apollo is a fact. Next steps will be earth space station and then lunar gateway.

3 hours ago, Flannk said:

Yes, KCS Switcher. I'll have another try now that multiple mods are updated.

And aww, no launch from the moon. Guess that I'll move a moon rocket to a spot on the moon (Hyper Edit) and pretend it was assembled on the moon. It was my intention to play the whole space race and further up to the point of humans being able to construct a manned lunar base with the goal of launching a rocket to Mars and beyond.

I'm now in 1968, first manned lunar landing with Apollo is a fact. Next steps will be earth space station and then lunar gateway.

Have a look at Global Construction or Extraplanetary Launchpads for off-world building - I don't know that there are any RO configs but ought to work except with Kerbalism.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, Such said:

Have a look at Global Construction or Extraplanetary Launchpads for off-world building - I don't know that there are any RO configs but ought to work except with Kerbalism.

Thanks!

So I just tried to make a new 1.7.3 RP-1 playthrough and I just noticed the RP-1 button is missing in the VAB so I can't tool my procedural parts.

Spoiler

8aaOcLb.jpg

Any Idea what may be going on? Promise I followed the installation instructions very carefully and haven't added anything not in the instructions (yet)

CKAN Mod List:

Spoiler

Advanced Jet Engine (AdvancedJetEngine v2.14.0)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:0.91)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.11.1)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.5.7)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.7.2)
CollisionFX-Updated (CollisionFXUpdated 0.8.3.1.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.27.1)
Custom Barn Kit - RO build (CustomBarnKit-RO 1.1.20.0)
Deadly Reentry Continued (DeadlyReentry v7.7.3.1)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.2)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.21)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.15.11.2)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.13.0)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.13.0)
Kerbal Construction Time-1.7.3 (KerbalConstructionTime-173 1.4.6.24)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.1)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.7.3-2)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 1:1.1.9.0)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.30.2)
KSC Switcher (KSCSwitcher 1.6.2.0)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.15.13.32)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.1.7)
MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE (MechJeb2-dev 2.8.3.0-894)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.6.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.0.3)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.16.4)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.1)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.1)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v1.6.2)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v1.3.19.1_rel)
Real Antennas (RealAntennas v1.0)
Real Fuels (RealFuels rf-v12.8.4)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.1)
Real Solar System (RealSolarSystem v16.4)
Real Solar System Textures - 8192 x 4096 (RSSTextures8192 v13.1)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.7.4)
RealEngines (RealEngines 1:2.01)
RealHeat (RealHeat v5.0)
Realism Overhaul (RealismOverhaul v12.8.1)
Retractable Lifting Surface Module (RetractableLiftingSurface 0.1.6)
ROCapsules (ROCapsules v1.0.0.0)
ROEngines (ROEngines v1.4.0.0)
ROTanks (ROTanks v1.0.1.0)
RSS DateTime Formatter (RSSDateTimeFormatter 1.6.1.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.13)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin - Realism Overhaul (SmokeScreen-RO 2.8.12.0)
Solver Engines plugin (SolverEngines v3.7.4.1)
Taerobee - Stockalike X-1 & More (Taerobee 1:3.0)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.8.23)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.6.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.8.2)
Ven's New Parts (VenStockRevamp-NewParts v1.13.0)
Ven's Stock Part Revamp (VenStockRevamp v1.13.0)
Ven's Stock Part Revamp Core (VenStockRevamp-Core v1.13.0)

3 hours ago, siimav said:

@mcwaffles2003 My guess is that either you didn't install RP-1 or you installed the version that is meant for KSP 1.8+.

HA!.... I'm not that dumb, you'd have to be a total moron to..... 

1.4.1?... it's in my downloads.... I clicked this link to ge-

Oh god... Shi---fffffffffff.....

In case you were wondering. Yes, it does hurt to be this stupid.

Thank you

Sorry, one more question. Is there a way to make a part exempt from the powers of the magic NoNonRP0/NoNonRO folders

Trying to include aviation lights (I'd like to make my planes look cooler) but they get dumped from having these very useful magic folders

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Sorry, one more question. Is there a way to make a part exempt from the powers of the magic NoNonRP0/NoNonRO folders

Trying to include aviation lights (I'd like to make my planes look cooler) but they get dumped from having these very useful magic folders

All Parts that aren't marked as RO/RP1 Compatible are gonna kicked out with those to folders. "Marking" a part as compatible is pretty easy with a MM Patch:

@PART[insertPartNameHere]:FINAL 
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	%RP0conf = true
}

4 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

All Parts that aren't marked as RO/RP1 Compatible are gonna kicked out with those to folders. "Marking" a part as compatible is pretty easy with a MM Patch:

@PART[insertPartNameHere]:FINAL 
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	%RP0conf = true
}

Thank you, but sorry, I'm unfamiliar with patching, in what file would I place this?

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Thank you, but sorry, I'm unfamiliar with patching, in what file would I place this?

It doesn't matter - just make a new text file, paste that in, and save it with a .cfg extension somewhere in your GameData folder. Although, you may want to name the file something descriptive so it's easy to find it should you need it.

Edited by pt1243