US^2 to KSP?

Liontamer45

Is there any way to make a mod that adds a way to take solar systems you make from Universe Sandbox^2 and turn them into mods or something for Kerbal Space Program? I love making solar systems in Universe Sandbox^2 and I love to play KSP but I'm not that familiar with mod making.

It's rather interesting to point out that yo have a good point here as both US2 and KSP both use Unity.

However i think it might be that the two are incompatible because of the fact that  it could be that these two games have two different versions of the same game engine.

either that or the coding is somehow different.. tha's the curious thing.. You would think that you could port one game to another if they ar ethe same game engine which they are.. yet you don't see it happening.. without a mod called Kopericus..

so yeah this is indeed a puzzle to ask and answer.

Space_Coyote

that's

7 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

AFAIK US2 uses n-body physics, while (stock) KSP uses patched conics. I'm not an expert on this, but it occurs to me that transferring a planetary system between these two methods could cause bad things.

Yep and if that is the case it would never work as the two would clash with each other... and in fact this is wher ethe incompatibility lies..  just saying

Cause if you try to introduce one type of coding which uses one mehtod with another the conflict would cause more crashes than a fog covered freeway.

Which then brings up an interesting point.. since we have Eve.. what about.. weather? I mean thunderstorms and stuff like Hurricanes and even tornadoes.. I'm thinking it can't due to the fact of the same thing..

After all there are other games out there that use the Untiy game engine.. but because of there imcompatbilites you won't see this stuff happening..

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote
additional thoughs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.