Possibly Confirmed Features of KSP2

mcwaffles2003

ITT: Add images, clips, snippets, and whatever you have found with relevant data about possible new features of KSP 2.

t6iG9jn.png

In red, I see 3 separate launchpads. Possibly this hints at the extent of multiplayer aimed for in the game.

In green, there are 3 landing pads or helicopter takeoff pads and there is at least on more out of frame

In yellow, there are 2 separate runways

xZTxWvt.png

At the locations marked in red I noticed significant bending. These look like positions where decouplers would be. I'm wondering if the part count increase has something to do with this as everything between decouplers appears perfectly rigid in this clip

Edited by mcwaffles2003

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

It's been confirmed that there are 4 launch pads and 4 landing pads. 

Add the data, Im hoping this thread can become a resource around which we can all find nuances and speculate over the data gathered from videos/interviews/screenshots. Even the stuff that we all think everyone knows.

Qi7YbF9.png

Possible confirmation of binary star systems? I'm not sure what else to make of the blue glowing orb in this shot, though it is strange as any blue star should be a giant unless it is a theorized blue dwarf, if so, that would mean that the kerbal universe is far older than ours.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

SndBasz.png

This is a picture from the portion of the video where the project scientist is being interviewed. I do not, as an amateur astrophotographer, recognize this image, though I can be mistaken as space is very big.

If this is in game perhaps these are systems that can be traveled to, or just skybox

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Or it's really far away.

Thank gods, I thought it was another thread about "is the game a spyware". Glad it's not.

Its not far away, if you watch the clip the blue star rotates to the closer side and is obviously smaller than its companion. In the pic provided they are at, what appears to be, about equal depth

Edited by mcwaffles2003

Those 2 HMDs with touch controllers in the background at 0:30 of the Dev trailer.

I seriously hope for a VR mode.

(Sorry can't take a screenshot now)

On 12/1/2019 at 9:33 AM, shdwlrd said:

Since no one really speculated on the actual location for the KSC, I figured I would put my thoughts up.

ipAyLD3.png

Would be nice to have a glide path that skirts the mountain range.

10 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Since no one really speculated on the actual location for the KSC, I figured I would put my thoughts up.

ipAyLD3.png

the spread out lakes definitely look fitting but theres no long river, looking at the map:

tF0YMWy.jpg

These look promising, there's a river, on an east coast, and near(ish) to the equator

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

the spread out lakes definitely look fitting but theres no long river, looking at the map:

tF0YMWy.jpg

These look promising, there's a river, on an east coast, and near(ish) to the equator

That is definitely a good possibility too. It's been said that star theory isn't going to kerbin much. If they add rivers leading to (or from depending on perspective) areas that look swampy or like river deltas, there are a couple other areas that can fit too.

42 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

That is definitely a good possibility too. It's been said that star theory isn't going to kerbin much. If they add rivers leading to (or from depending on perspective) areas that look swampy or like river deltas, there are a couple other areas that can fit too.

Cool thing would be starting from a non equatorial position too, similar to most real space missions, and it would serve as a good early lesson to newcomers with the help of a tutorial

On 11/29/2019 at 6:13 AM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Add the data, Im hoping this thread can become a resource around which we can all find nuances and speculate over the data gathered from videos/interviews/screenshots. Even the stuff that we all think everyone knows.

Qi7YbF9.png

Possible confirmation of binary star systems? I'm not sure what else to make of the blue glowing orb in this shot, though it is strange as any blue star should be a giant unless it is a theorized blue dwarf, if so, that would mean that the kerbal universe is far older than ours.

Correct me if I'm wrong; but surely a star (blue, red, brown, unicorn barf coloured or otherwise) wouldn't have a dark centre with a  glowy ring around its circumference? :kiss:

33 minutes ago, rextable said:

Correct me if I'm wrong; but surely a star (blue, red, brown, unicorn barf coloured or otherwise) wouldn't have a dark centre with a  glowy ring around its circumference? :kiss:

Sounds like an eclipse.

Could also be the remnants of a stellar explosion

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 11/29/2019 at 6:13 AM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Qi7YbF9.png

I hope you realize that's a lens flare.

5 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I hope you realize that's a lens flare.

lens flare doesn't appear to the side of an object if its in the center of your vision

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sounds like an eclipse.

Could also be the remnants of a stellar explosion

it looks too glowy in the center to me for it to appear as an eclipse and a stellar remnant smaller than the star its next to seems improbable unless its a nova from a white dwarf. Like I said earlier though, it doesnt look like any star type that I know either, but no one has ever seen a blue dwarf either

Edited by mcwaffles2003

2 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

and a stellar remnant smaller than the star its next to seems improbable unless its a nova from a white dwarf

but you have no idea of the distances involved.  The start could be close and the glowing ring from hundreds of millions of light years away

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

but you have no idea of the distances involved.  The start could be close and the glowing ring from hundreds of millions of light years away

On 11/29/2019 at 3:42 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Its not far away, if you watch the clip the blue star rotates to the closer side and is obviously smaller than its companion. In the pic provided they are at, what appears to be, about equal depth