Possibly Confirmed Features of KSP2

mcwaffles2003

On 11/29/2019 at 12:13 AM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Add the data, Im hoping this thread can become a resource around which we can all find nuances and speculate over the data gathered from videos/interviews/screenshots. Even the stuff that we all think everyone knows.

Qi7YbF9.png

Possible confirmation of binary star systems? I'm not sure what else to make of the blue glowing orb in this shot, though it is strange as any blue star should be a giant unless it is a theorized blue dwarf, if so, that would mean that the kerbal universe is far older than ours.

I don't think it's a sun or planet of any type. As the blue ring moves across the screen before its blocked by the guy's head, you'll see a gray point form. You may have to watch it a few times or slow it down to see it. It's an exhaust plume from a craft. I wonder if this is the last engine that needs to be identified that Nate Simpson mentioned? 

And they had to intentionally blur out the track mixer he's using.

Edited by shdwlrd

On 11/29/2019 at 5:37 PM, steuben said:

Conspiracy: KSP and it's successors is really a chocolate covered manhole cover.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that

6 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I don't think it's a sun or planet of any type. As the blue ring moves across the screen before its blocked by the guy's head, you'll see a gray point form. You may have to watch it a few times or slow it down to see it. It's an exhaust plume from a craft. I wonder if this is the last engine that needs to be identified that Nate Simpson mentioned? 

And they had to intentionally blur out the track mixer he's using.

I wouldn't say it's intentional necessarily, with the lighting in that room a large field of focus isnt really in the cards and they probably wanted the guy focused more than the screens

14 hours ago, micha said:

Its not far away, if you watch the clip the blue star rotates to the closer side and is obviously smaller than its companion. In the pic provided they are at, what appears to be, about equal depth

Lens flares tend to concentrate closer to the light source, the closer it is to the center of the FOV.

22 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

glowing blue circle

I agree with  @shdwlrd  I think that's an ion engine glow:

mH1Afgj.png
And the large sphere resembles pre-Mariner shots of Venus.
So it could be an Ion powered ship going towards some sort dense atmosphered planet IMHO

Edited by MiscelanousItem

On 11/29/2019 at 1:13 AM, mcwaffles2003 said:

Add the data, Im hoping this thread can become a resource around which we can all find nuances and speculate over the data gathered from videos/interviews/screenshots. Even the stuff that we all think everyone knows.

Possible confirmation of binary star systems? I'm not sure what else to make of the blue glowing orb in this shot, though it is strange as any blue star should be a giant unless it is a theorized blue dwarf, if so, that would mean that the kerbal universe is far older than ours.

Just came across this article, interesting:

https://www.space.com/hoags-object-perfect-ring-mystery.html?utm_source=notification

Resembles this to a certain extent

23 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Black holes aren't glowing blue spheres.

Black holes bend light around them, and this mystery blue circle is right next to a large blue object that could easily be a star. The fact that it's black in the middle also points to it being a black hole- the light from the blue star gets bent around the outer edge of the black hole to create a 'halo' around it, but this is only visible at the edges. The film Interstellar might have some glaring errors in it, but the appearance of the black hole itself was created using real models of real black holes and it looked a whole lot like this. 

Binary star systems where one star collapses into a black hole but stays beside its pair have been widely hypothesised, and interstellar travel is going to be a big part of KSP2. 

All this is coming from an out-of-focus image on a screen taken from a screenshot of a video so it could be anything; I'm just saying it could be a black hole binary.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:37 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Black holes bend light around them, and this mystery blue circle is right next to a large blue object that could easily be a star. The fact that it's black in the middle also points to it being a black hole- the light from the blue star gets bent around the outer edge of the black hole to create a 'halo' around it, but this is only visible at the edges. The film Interstellar might have some glaring errors in it, but the appearance of the black hole itself was created using real models of real black holes and it looked a whole lot like this. 

Binary star systems where one star collapses into a black hole but stays beside its pair have been widely hypothesised, and interstellar travel is going to be a big part of KSP2. 

All this is coming from an out-of-focus image on a screen taken from a screenshot of a video so it could be anything; I'm just saying it could be a black hole binary.

The camera rotates and you can quite clearly see it's not a blue star bent into the Einstein ring. Black holes also do not have a blue glow in the middle.