What does K.I.A mean and how do I get my kerbins back?

So recently, I noticed Jebediah and Valentina weren't in my inventory.  And if they were missing, they should have been back by now.  I checked the astro complex and it said both were"K.I.A".  Fyi, they're not missing as i checked everything in my tracking station and the astro complex doesn't say that they are missing.HQnoCu7.png

Edit: I found out that K.I.A means killed in action, but they should've re spawned.  I set the re spawn timer to 1 hour and I'm sure I've been playing for more then 1 hour.  Any of you know how to respawn them?

Edited by ItsSky

When a Kerbal dies, there are two possibilities. KIA and MIA. If they are KIA, they never respawn. If you have the setting for "no respawn", and then they die, they get marked KIA. If you then turn on respawn -- they stay KIAMIA is always supposed to happen if they die when respawn is active.

1 minute ago, bewing said:

When a Kerbal dies, there are two possibilities. KIA and MIA. If they are KIA, they never respawn. If you have the setting for "no respawn", and then they die, they get marked KIA. If you then turn on respawn -- they stay KIAMIA is always supposed to happen if they die when respawn is active.

MIA is always supposed to happen if they die when respawn is active.

Yeah, I have respawn on and its always on.  Yet they're not respawning.  

It means your keerbal is dead, that's what's wrong with it.

It's passed on, your kerbal is no more. It has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to see his maker. Bereft of life, he rest in peace.  He's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Your kerbal is an EX-kerbal!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.