[1.9.x] Play Your Way

linuxgurugamer

A mod maintained by @Galileo, he requested/offered me to adopt it.  Original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152877-ksp-142-play-your-way-107/

ORQGFKC.jpg

Current version is v1.0.7

Play Your Way frees up your imagination to explore the way you see fit. That,s not all, though! Play Your Way also rewards you with REP and pays you FUNDS based on any science points you accumulate while you explore.

Also, how much you get paid is completely up to you!

Want to get paid 1,000 FUNDS for every science point you collect? You got it! 500 REP for every science point you collect? Go for it! Just make the necessary changes in the cfg.

So, basically, you get paid whatever you want for doing whatever you want!

This can either make the game really hard or really easy, depending on how you set your cfg.

Default Settings are:

1000 Funds for every science point

1 Rep for every science point

Download and install Contract Configurator to pick and choose which contracts you want to spawn.

ENJOY!

This is basically a continuation of @Ippos ScienceFunding but with a few tweaks. This mod retains the same license as ScienceFunding.

License: Public domain

Availability

Download: https://spacedock.info/mod/2280/Play Your Way

Source Code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PlayYourWay

License: Public Domain

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

Thanks for this mod!

Quick question: is this mod backward compatible? I mean with MM 4.0.3 and KSP 1.7.3?
I'm asking because I don't see any effect: no settings when I create a new save, no icon in the toolbar, no pop up message when I finish a flight with science grabbed during that flight. In what way am I supposed to get the result of the config file?
Should I upload logs & stuff to help?

Last question: should you play with RSS sized planet, what figure would you put in the config file to make it feel balanced?

Damn, I saw the title and way hoping that this was a mod replacing the standard music with Frank Sinatra songs, so that I could play it "My Way", or when Valentina says to Jeb: "Fly me to the Mün", it could play the Sinatra song.

But this seems like a cool mod as well. I will give it a try. Thanks for your continues hard work :)

3 hours ago, Benoit Hage said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

Thanks for this mod!

Quick question: is this mod backward compatible? I mean with MM 4.0.3 and KSP 1.7.3?
I'm asking because I don't see any effect: no settings when I create a new save, no icon in the toolbar, no pop up message when I finish a flight with science grabbed during that flight. In what way am I supposed to get the result of the config file?
Should I upload logs & stuff to help?

Last question: should you play with RSS sized planet, what figure would you put in the config file to make it feel balanced?

No, use the previous version, you can find it in the previous thread (listed in the first line of the OP)

I don't play RSS, I can't answer that.  Review the previous thread, you may find an answer there

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I wanted to take a look at the source code for the mod to see if I could identify why some science rewards aren't being seen by the mod. It's been a very long time since I did any real coding, but I see there is a PlayYourWay.log listed in some places. Is this a log file? I could not find one in the folder.

Looking through it I guess there is a 'watch' script that checks the Science points before and after a transmission, but it is triggered by the "transmit science" button in the Science Report window. Is that correct?