Emissive Animation crashes KSP

I'm trying to add an emissive animation to my KSP part.  All looks splendid in Unity, but when I load KSP with the .mu, KSP crashes with no survivors (midway through the startup sequence, while loading parts).  Nothing in the KSP.log or Output.Log gives me a clue, but it's pretty clear it blows up when reading my .mu file.  I can animation position transforms, but as soon as I add the emissive animation, blam.  Any clues would be appreciated.  Here's my Scene:

TXukslA.png

Here's the inspector on 'Trunk':

XTibBC0.png

"light1" is an animation that just moves the little green light; green-button is the one that, when added here, causes ksp to crash:

MR9Xg0V.png

I'm animating '_Emissive Color.G' from 0 to 255.  Nothing else is moving.

Any clues would be a huge help.  I'm down to trying stuff at random at this point.

13 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

you now need to use the color animation editor

Thanks!  I think, though, that I might be better off skipping all that - I've been looking at how SurfaceLights does it - all through code.  Given that I just want to turn the things on & off, that seems like the simpler way to go.

2 minutes ago, NermNermNerm said:

Thanks!  I think, though, that I might be better off skipping all that - I've been looking at how SurfaceLights does it - all through code.  Given that I just want to turn the things on & off, that seems like the simpler way to go.

It reads a lot more painfully  than it feels to do :)   the first time is a bit sketchy but once that's over and you've seen how it works, it's all rinse and repeat. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.