The RotaLaunchaTron 3001!

The RotaLaunchaTron 3001!

Situation:

The Department of Kerbanautics is exploring additional launch mechanisms for future use on Mun bases to launch Kerbals back home, and needs YOUR help! The goal is to develop a rotational launch mechanism: Throw a Kerbal pod as far away as possible!

How? That's up to you! Create a trebuchet, flywheel with payload, a synchrotron, go nuts! The launched payload must contain a Kerbal (we assume its a dummy in this case, since they will most certainly endure some heavy impacts), but may not have any propulsion, aerodynamics(lift), or control parts. After decoupling, its a "brick". Beside that the more originality the better :)

Just a lighter challenge, curious what you guys come up with. And I have set some base scores, but these can be improved for sure :)

Example:

Spoiler

Scoreboard

Main goal: Highest altitude!

Attain the highest altitude possible using only leftover energy from rotation:

* 1094M - MarkoeZ

Sidegoal: Longest Distance!

Cover as many horizontal meters as possible, as measured in the flight results (Ground Distance Covered).

* 4182M - MarkoeZ

Honorary mentions: For attempts not reaching the scoring threshold, but worth a mention.

* YOUR NAME? ;)

Rules:

- At least 1 kerbal(dummy ;) ) must be on board an enclosed pod (i.e. not an external command seat)
- Intitial pod speed may only be obtained by rotation
- Distance traveled taken from the flight results 
- No propulsion or control on the launched pod 
- The launched pod can not have any (lifting) airodynamic parts
- Total contraption must fit inside the VAB or SPH
- No Mods, only official DLC

Enjoy!

p.s. Yes there will likely be a next version with less gravity, just need to find an easy way for people to participate without too much modding,  to be continued... :) 

Edited by MarkoeZ

11 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Cool challenge. There was an earlier challenge by @ManEatingApethat had you flinging Kerbals to the Island Airfield. I posted your challenge in that thread. I reckon some of them could reuse or modify their designs for this one.

Yes ... and there was also this one from 3 some odd years ago

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.