[DEFUNCT] AD ASTRA --- Check the latest post and update!

G'th

v1.6 Released! 

GITHUB DOWNLOAD (43k Users) | SPACEDOCK DOWNLOAD (2K/4K/8K Users)

As always, FRESH install. Until I stop redoing old stuff its going to be best to just cleanly reinstall the mod each update. 

=======================================================================

"Camp Fires"

RPold71.png

LPwIc02.png

1hmgSHx.png

aQBYJlg.png

h8gmyPb.png

Changelog:

• City Light Overhaul - For realsies this time. Brand new textures for city lights, and it has been fine-tuned, so you should be able to see it pretty far out now. (Known Issue: It can be buggy, appears to be an EVE issue. If your City Lights disappear, you can fix it by opening the EVE GUI (L-Alt + 0), navigating to the CityLights tab, and hitting apply. The same can be done if they just look off color compared to my screenshots)
  • Kerbin Adjustments - Made some minute adjustments to its atmosphere. Will be slightly different, and yes the purplish hue is intentional. 
  • Jool Overhaul - Redid Jool again to better match up with its blueberry cousin Lindor. 
  • Laythe Overhaul - Gave Laythe a makeover. As a cold world that inexplicably maintains a liquid ocean, it is extraordinarily foggy, though not quite as much as Huygen. 
  • Huygen adjustments. No bug could be found as reported by @Chronin, but the time spent there did result in some adjustments to the moon. The volumetrics should be a lot less immersion breaking towards the cloud tops, and its atmosphere was adjusted as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Jovzin

1)Ad-Astra is based on AVP and optimised for Jnsq, so if you want similiar Graphics you might want to use AVP. For Stock Kerbin you could expect AD-Astra to not work.

2)I don't tested it, but as these textures are for the Stock Kerbol System ,they shouldn't work for JNSQ

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TheEnderman said:

So I just downloaded the mod, I tried installing it and there are no clouds present on any planets. It seems to be working otherwise.

It's the same for me, it seems that some texture are missing in the Textures folder of Ad_Astra but which are referenced in the EVE config file in Ad_Astra which correspond to the absent cloud layer

@TheEnderman and @Dr.Bucket the problem I see is, that at least TheEnderman installed Astronomers Visual Pack. This is wrong. The installation readme says: only copy the texture folder out of the Gamedata/AstronomersVisualPack/EVE

But the GameData folder here is related to the file structure within the zip file, not the GameData folder within your game installation. After you finished copying the texture folder of Astronomers Visual Pack to Ad Astra, remove the AstronomersVisualPack folder  of the GameData folder in your installation. =)

Kind Regards

PatSch

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 3:33 AM, bmcmahonwrx said:

Hey so I'm rather new to modding but love the look of the work you've put together. I may be missing it, but any chance this can be run on v. 1.8.1? I know mods generally lag behind base game updates, but just being hopeful. 

Thanks!

This is a Mod for JNSQ which is dependent on Kopernicus which is version locked to 1.7.3. Apparently both JNSQ and Kopernicus have the 1.8.1 update coming soon (1-2 weeks). So we are waiting on them and then Gth will have to do his work. 

Having the same trouble as others, with clouds not displaying. 

I have JNSQ installed.  

I installed Ad Adstra into Game Data.  

I extracted 43k textures and settings.  

I tried putting 43k textures and settings in the Ad Astra folder.  
Then I tried putting them on their own. 
Then I tried incorporating their contents into the folders of the same name in Ad Astra.  
Then I tried doing both of those things while Ad Astra was located inside JSNQ folder.  

Then I downloaded textures.cfg from AVP, and installed it in EVE in Ad Astra.  
Then I tried re-installing JSNQ from scratch and then Ad Astra again.  

Still no clouds on anything.  I see the textures.  
I have texture replacer.  I have the latest Scatterer and EVE installed.  

I have gone to the EVE panel in game and hit 'apply.' 
All the Texture files in EVE control panel for clouds are colored red for some reason.  

What am I missing?

**Edit**

It appears that the EVE config file is trying to pull from file locations that do not exist anywhere in Ad-Astra or JSNQ.  It's listing KerbinClouds bump map as being Ad_Astra/Textures/particle/particle_nm, for example.  No'Particle' folder, nor any file named 'particle_nm' exists in any of the Ad_Astra downloads.  Same for all the file names in red under KerbinClouds and Aurora.  I'm assuming there are more for other planets I've not seen.

Under the 8k/4k texture instructions, you mentioned copying the "Textures" file  in the EVE folder from AVP and list the location to place it (in Ad-Astra main).  That 'Textures' folder also does not exist in the AVP download, anywhere.  

G'th, did you forget to include some files in the last compilation?

Edited by Bosun

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a very similar issue with a distinct lack of clouds. I have copied ONLY the textures folder from my AVP zip into the Ad-Astra folder so I have lots of textures present now, but EVE seems to be referencing missing files as others are experiencing. Is there a solution to this? I was also having difficulty finding an installation guide for Ad Astra. I also had some weird ground texture issues on Moho, but I can pick at that later. So far though? Every planet looks AMAZING other than a lack of clouds and such. I've been waiting a long time to have Kopernicus, and JNSQ be up to date enough to try this out. I am most definitely NOT disappointed.

Edited by Polaris0352
Am dumb

18 hours ago, Polaris0352 said:

I am having a very similar issue with a distinct lack of clouds. I have copied ONLY the textures folder from my AVP zip into the Ad-Astra folder so I have lots of textures present now, but EVE seems to be referencing missing files as others are experiencing. Is there a solution to this? I was also having difficulty finding an installation guide for Ad Astra. I also had some weird ground texture issues on Moho, but I can pick at that later. So far though? Every planet looks AMAZING other than a lack of clouds and such. I've been waiting a long time to have Kopernicus, and JNSQ be up to date enough to try this out. I am most definitely NOT disappointed.

Polaris - I see you edited you 'am dumb'.  Haha.  

I am dumb as well.  So dumb, I cannot figure out why you might be?  What'd you do and did you fix it?

1 hour ago, Bosun said:

Polaris - I see you edited you 'am dumb'.  Haha.  

I am dumb as well.  So dumb, I cannot figure out why you might be?  What'd you do and did you fix it?

No, am dumb because my block of text was repeated. I am going to spend today trying to figure out if there is a permutation that works.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.