[DEFUNCT] AD ASTRA --- Check the latest post and update!

G'th

3 minutes ago, Hudsonkm said:

Out of curiosity is it supposed to seem like there is an overall green tint on Kerbin? Especially on the ocean horizon line?

J94KBnl.jpg

qv6tGMC.jpg

Given what the clouds look like I presume its about to be nightfall? That could be the terminator making weird colors. 

If thats in the middle of the day then that is almost assuredly because of changes to JNSQ clashing with my settings, which were made three years ago, so no real warranty on it. 

Earth in Sol is getting pretty close to being finished, and I actually think Im going to do both Sol and the Ad Astra remake simultaneously, so bear with me. Like Sol, Ad Astra 2 will essentially be made one system at a time, so it won't be a full version like what is currently available, but if nothing else the visuals will be cleaner, the install easier, and no nasty three year old accusations of asset theft somehow still coming my way. 

2 minutes ago, G'th said:

Given what the clouds look like I presume its about to be nightfall? That could be the terminator making weird colors. 

If thats in the middle of the day then that is almost assuredly because of changes to JNSQ clashing with my settings, which were made three years ago, so no real warranty on it. 

Earth in Sol is getting pretty close to being finished, and I actually think Im going to do both Sol and the Ad Astra remake simultaneously, so bear with me. Like Sol, Ad Astra 2 will essentially be made one system at a time, so it won't be a full version like what is currently available, but if nothing else the visuals will be cleaner, the install easier, and no nasty three year old accusations of asset theft somehow still coming my way. 

Yeah same at around mid day too. And besides that little issue I think it looks great. I only decided to come back to KSP last night after a hiatus, and had always used AVP in the past. I liked the look of this one, plus just that it's part of JNSQ and saves me the trouble of tinkering with stock planet sizes and whatnot.

Anyhow good job on the MOD. No rush really to fix the little issues.

4 minutes ago, Hudsonkm said:

Yeah same at around mid day too. And besides that little issue I think it looks great. I only decided to come back to KSP last night after a hiatus, and had always used AVP in the past. I liked the look of this one, plus just that it's part of JNSQ and saves me the trouble of tinkering with stock planet sizes and whatnot.

Anyhow good job on the MOD. No rush really to fix the little issues.

Glad to hear it. And yeah JNSQ changes broke a few of the bodies, for good and bad. Eve is now hyper exposed and needs a rebuild, but Laythe and Huygen look way better at the same time (to the point that they'll probably be maintained going into 2.0). And now obviously Kerbin ended up getting some green twinge from somewhere lol. 

Edited by G'th

Just now, fleventeen said:

I have to ask, Is there a CKAN release planned?

Personally Im not exactly what you'd call a CKAN fan, but now that there'll be considerally less of a headache with the install, I think I can look past my bias to enable that. 

Most likely though that'll be a thing for when its in a mostly finished state. While I have a more concrete vision of what 2.0 should look like (inspired by what Sol is going to look like and the same theme of keeping to JNSQs general look), I still expect I might end up having rapid updates back to back like I did originally, which can be seen over at the Sol thread with the rapid changes as I learn and relearn the techniques I need to accomplish what I want.

So, to make things easier, Id rather wait before setting up CKAN if we might end up seeing daily updates. 

2 minutes ago, G'th said:

Personally Im not exactly what you'd call a CKAN fan

May I ask why? I am legitimately curious. I have seen a number of people reluctant to use it, but I have never seen anyone give a real reason why.

Thanks!

Just now, fleventeen said:

May I ask why? I am legitimately curious. I have seen a number of people reluctant to use it, but I have never seen anyone give a real reason why.

Thanks!

For me, its mostly a stubbornness thing. Unless its a game like Skyrim where things can break extremely easily without a mod manager (especially with how many mods I pack into it), I tend to just prefer to go without. I pack about as many mods into my gameplay install as I would for Skyrim and its a lot easier to deal with because of how KSP handles mods. No real load orders to worry about on the user side and generally the game isn't irreversibly changed if I remove a mod or two. 

Plus, the few times I attempted to use it I just didn't quite enjoy the experience, which wasn't helped at the time by certain mods not being available on it, so that definitely colored a lot of my opinion on it. Dragging and dropping was, and for me still is, much more pleasant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @G'th. Just curious, this difference in how the twilight zone looks like on my screenshots and, for example, on the one in this post:

is also part of the issue with changed JNSQ EVE configs? Because I noticed that on your latest screenshots on the previous page you have the same twilight zone as I am, while the author of the above post has the same we see on your old screens.

Spoiler

20220507185207-1.jpg

8 hours ago, Morgen said:

Hi, @G'th. Just curious, this difference in how the twilight zone looks like on my screenshots and, for example, on the one in this post:

is also part of the issue with changed JNSQ EVE configs? Because I noticed that on your latest screenshots on the previous page you have the same twilight zone as I am, while the author of the above post has the same we see on your old screens.

Reveal hidden contents

20220507185207-1.jpg

About this, I think the terminator for me looks different because of the TUFX config I'm running. G'th also ran some visual configs on his screenshots (I believe he was using KS3P) 

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

About this, I think the terminator for me looks different because of the TUFX config I'm running. G'th also ran some visual configs on his screenshots (I believe he was using KS3P) 

Indeed. The final look is going to vary by a lot depending on whatever post processing you have. 

A page back or so I posted a series of screenshots of what the worlds look like, and that was without any TUFX applied, so as long as they look like those screenshots then nothing should be broken. 

16 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

43k Clouds are just nonexistent. Tried installing it twice following the instructions- no luck.

Open the game and hit Alt + 0. Navigate to clouds and take a screenshot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, Lijazos said:

43k Clouds are just nonexistent. Tried installing it twice following the instructions- no luck.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:37 PM, G'th said:

Open the game and hit Alt + 0. Navigate to clouds and take a screenshot. 

I had same issue.  Open the AVP 1.9 textures zip, go to AVP_Configs, and drag the Textures folder into Ad_Astra. When I first installed the mod, I noticed the files I need went into Ad_Astra/EVE/Textures/particles when they should be Ad_Astra/Textures/particles

Clouds look great, thanks for the update!

On 4/28/2022 at 9:54 AM, G'th said:

I also find the water too green when at KSC. Looking at scatterer UI in game, we can see that the ocean scatter is using the JNSQ config. Looking inside Ad-Astra, there is no ocean.cfg for Kerbin, only Atmo. The green tint is mostly from Sky Reflection Strength! Lowering the value removes the green tint in the screenshot you replied to.  But this green tint is not an Ad-Astra issue. Sorry for double post.

Hello there. Might I say first and foremost that JNSQ (plus GPP and GEP) with Ad Astra might be the most spectacular setup available for Kerbal Space Program. But, I must ask is there any game breaking risks involved with changing the Sun effects back to the 'stock' JNSQ ones? As much as Ad Astra knocks JNSQ out of the park, I do prefer the original Sun effects. Keep up the good work. 

Hello there. Might I say first and foremost that JNSQ (plus GPP and GEP) with Ad Astra might be the most spectacular setup available for Kerbal Space Program. But, I must ask is there any game breaking risks involved with changing the Sun effects back to the 'stock' JNSQ ones? As much as Ad Astra knocks JNSQ out of the park, I do prefer the original Sun effects. Keep up the good work. 

23 minutes ago, G'th said:

No there won't be any issues with that. IIRC, if you delete the Sunflare folder out of Ad Astra, the stock JNSQ one should seamlessly take over. 

Thank you sir. Your clouds are fantastic BTW. I wanted to keep the stock Kerbal system but none of the stock mods I've seen are as good as JNSQ and the one chink in the armour of JNSQ was the clouds really. Ad Astra well and truly fixes that and adds lovely auroras and such. :rep:

Just now, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

What might I ask is Sol? 

Link is in the signature. Sol essentially is a similar mod of a mod like Ad Astra is, but for KSRSS, and the visuals I have thus far are what I would have eventually done for Ad Astra had COVID not interrupted me for so long. 

The ideas and visuals in Sol are things I conceived of as I was working on Ad Astra originally, but I never got the chance to bring them to life until now. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.