[DEFUNCT] AD ASTRA --- Check the latest post and update!

G'th

1 minute ago, G'th said:

Link is in the signature. Sol essentially is a similar mod of a mod like Ad Astra is, but for KSRSS, and the visuals I have thus far are what I would have eventually done for Ad Astra had COVID not interrupted me for so long. 

The ideas and visuals in Sol are things I conceived of as I was working on Ad Astra originally, but I never got the chance to bring them to life until now. 

Looked at it and Holy Jebediah it looks good. I mean who needs Kerbal Space Program 2 when the modding community for KSP is so good. I was in awe of Lindor the other day with Ad Astra, I can't believe it's the same game where Jool is just a green ball. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MashAndBangers said:

This one's confusing.  I've installed the latest of everything; JNSQ, Kopernicus, EVE, Scatterer, so on and so forth, and yet I get this:

A bug introduced in Kopernicus release 118 affecting JNSQ, fixed in 119 and then the fix patched in 120. Get the latest and you should be fine and if not I'm sure R-T-B will have another patch (or ten) very soon.

11 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

A bug introduced in Kopernicus release 118 affecting JNSQ, fixed in 119 and then the fix patched in 120. Get the latest and you should be fine and if not I'm sure R-T-B will have another patch (or ten) very soon.

I just wanted to write that this is a Copernicus problem, but you beat me to it

2 hours ago, G'th said:

Try navigating to GameData\Ad_Astra\scatterer\Planets\Kerbin

and replace the atmo.cfg with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1dbxu3bk8ur091/atmo.zip?dl=0

Good to see you!   So I did that, and this is the result:

7FP7cYa.png

goEicm8.png

hEdVJXS.png

I checked, and the sun is directly over head.  It looks like the setting for the day/night terminator is messed up?

FWIW, Kopernicus's recent dash of a feature update (some pretty major feature things modders requested) introduced some bugs, particularly with JNSQ and mods based on it.  AFAIK, all of them are now smashed as of release-124.  If you don't have that, grab it.  We are going to be moving slower with releases for a bit (I'll activate the bleeding edge if I need to test anything further feature wise) and the latest build contains much needed fixes for a great variety of PQS bugs.  If you are running anything earlier and seeing JNSQ visual anomalies (or any visual issues really), you should seriously update.

I apologize in advance for the "bumpy ride" the last few days.  In the future, we will use bleeding edge for such things.  This concludes my PSA.

Edited by R-T-B

13 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Good to see you!   So I did that, and this is the result:

7FP7cYa.png

goEicm8.png

hEdVJXS.png

I checked, and the sun is directly over head.  It looks like the setting for the day/night terminator is messed up?

Hmm, okay try this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bn2lmztkw4mouw/atmo.zip?dl=0

If that one doesn't fix it, then it is probably something with JNSQ itself. 

1 hour ago, G'th said:

Yep. The old one was referencing the old Scatterer method for generating atmospheres so now its switched over. 

Might this be affecting other celestial bodies?  I landed on the Mun and this is what I'm seeing:

wuwHwdf.png

Is it possible the Mun dust is getting ready to take off and invade Kerbin?!  It's a neat affect though, just want to know if this is intentional behavior or Mun Dust Conspiracy!

On 6/7/2022 at 3:42 AM, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

OK bit of a side question. You ever tested JNSQ (Ad Astra) with GPP Secondary and GEP? Whilst the Kerbin system looks sensational, all of the Clouds and Scatterer effects have gone from Gael, etc. This a conflict with Ad Astra? 

I think Ad astra is built for newer scatterer while GEP built with older one. New scatterer doesn't work well  with old config. However, it shouldn't nuke whole config, it would just look weird. I tried GEP and JNSQ before and it worked so maybe last few update of kop broke something

Edited by ssd21345

9 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

I think Ad astra is built for newer scatterer while GEP built with older one. New scatterer doesn't work well  with old config. However, it shouldn't nuke whole config, it would just look weird. I tried GEP and JNSQ before and it worked so maybe last few update of kop broke something

Its sort of like that right now. The atmo.cfg I linked above does use new scatterer but that only covers Kerbin not any of the other worlds. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, G'th said:

Its sort of like that right now. The atmo.cfg I linked above does use new scatterer but that only covers Kerbin not any of the other worlds. 

I created an album of going through the atmosphere https://imgur.com/a/xJbobfS

using that atmo.cfg and latest version of everything, Kerbin starts with this nice blue halo around it as you ascend.  But then right around 55 km, the blue halo just disappears in an instant!  And descending back down on the same flight, the blue halo never returns.

Also everyone survived the flight!

7 hours ago, G'th said:

That is strange. It should resemble the later pictures. Not sure what would be causing that. 

It looks like it could be missing the assetPath = JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/Scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/Atmo line from the older cfg - at least that's what solved it on my end

8 hours ago, Beccab said:

It looks like it could be missing the assetPath = JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/Scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/Atmo line from the older cfg - at least that's what solved it on my end

That shouldn't be used at all actually as that is the old scatterer method. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.