Jump to content

[DEFUNCT] AD ASTRA --- Check the latest post and update!


G'th
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

Thank you so much but still nothing. Im probably a big pain in your cheeks by now so sorry but could you please make a video or a more comprehensive tuturoial on how to install this.

Hi

I am currently going through the same process as you, but I may have some clarity for you. Im installing tonight using the process below. hope its clear.

1) Download Ad Astra.zip.  Unzip.  This will create an Ad Astra folder.  Copy the entire folder directly into your game installation KSP/Gamedata folder.

2) If using the 43k clouds download the 43k cubemaps.zip and the 43k settings.zip and unpack both.  Both of these files once unpacked will generate an Ad Astra folder.  Copy both of these 'Ad Astra' folders into your gamedata folder. Allow the process to overwrite things in required.

3) Download the AVP texture resolution of your choice (I chose 8k). Unzip. Navigate to the Eve folder of this unzipped AVP file. Copy the Textures folder you will find in there and paste it directly into the following location of your game installation:  KSP/Gamedata/Ad Astra. This will also possibly require you to overwrite. do so if needed.

Hope this helps?

Also, just to check, before doing all of the above, you have already installed JNSQ and all its dependencies right? And tested that JNSQ is working first?

Matt

Edited by III-METHOD-III
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Hi

I am currently going through the same process as you, but I may have some clarity for you. Im installing tonight using the process below. hope its clear.

1) Download Ad Astra.zip.  Unzip.  This will create an Ad Astra folder.  Copy the entire folder directly into your game installation KSP/Gamedata folder.

2) If using the 43k clouds download the 43k cubemaps.zip and the 43k settings.zip and unpack both.  Both of these files once unpacked will generate an Ad Astra folder.  Copy both of these 'Ad Astra' folders into your gamedata folder. Allow the process to overwrite things in required.

3) Download the AVP texture resolution of your choice (I chose 8k). Unzip. Navigate to the Eve folder of this unzipped AVP file. Copy the Textures folder you will find in there and paste it directly into the following location of your game installation:  KSP/Gamedata/Ad Astra. This will also possibly require you to overwrite. do so if needed.

Hope this helps?

Also, just to check, before doing all of the above, you have already installed JNSQ and all its dependencies right? And tested that JNSQ is working first?

Matt

thank you so much but still I have zero clouds, scatterer and everything else is doing its thing but no clouds. 

here's an Imgur link to my ad astra folder. 

https://imgur.com/a/k4KWKkj

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

thank you so much but still I have zero clouds, scatterer and everything else is doing its thing but no clouds. 

here's an Imgur link to my ad astra folder. 

https://imgur.com/a/k4KWKkj

OK, so first things first. 

Copy your entire Ad Astra folder back out of Gamedata (so effectively uninstall Ad Astra). Copy it somewhere else.

Now does your JNSQ install have clouds etc?

Also post a screen shot of your gamedata folder without Ad Astra. 

Matt

Edited by III-METHOD-III
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, III-METHOD-III said:

OK, so first things first. 

Copy your entire Ad Astra folder back out of Gamedata (so effectively uninstall Ad Astra). Copy it somewhere else.

Now does your JNSQ install have clouds etc?

Also post a screen shot of your gamedata folder without Ad Astra. 

Matt

here's this: https://imgur.com/a/Nr1Vs15

And yes JNSQ already has clouds just not when I install ad astra.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, III-METHOD-III said:

Ok, thats a lot of mods. Assuming that none of them are conflicting with Ad Astra (i really dont know)

Can you go into your Ad Astra folder that you removed and:

Screen shot all the contents of Ad Astra root

Then screen shot all of :

 Ad Astra / EVE

Ad Astra / Textures

Cheers

 

https://imgur.com/a/yz5l4go

Here you go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, Im stumped.

Your folders are similar to mine (though you are missing citylights.cfg in EVE and your Cubemaps.cfg is half the size of mine). What size textured did you download from AVP?

The top set of files in your textures seems to be missing some files. Not sure if they were just missed off the screen shot. 

Your first file is aurorasoft.dds but before that i have altostratus.dds, aurora1.dds, aurora2.dds, auroraglow.dds and aurorajool.dds.

I cant think why your clouds arent working if they work find in JNSQ.

I would just delete the whole Ad Astra folder and reinstall following the instructions in the readme file you get when you unzip Ad Astra.

Matt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, III-METHOD-III said:

Since I (accidentally) upgraded to 1.11.2 Ad Astra is totally broken for me. I cant even get into game with it in my gamedata folder.

im just running with JNSQ for now

Then why are you running in 1.11.2? Ad Astra's last update was for 1.7.3. I can get it working with no issues in 1.8.1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, III-METHOD-III said:

Hi

I am currently going through the same process as you, but I may have some clarity for you. Im installing tonight using the process below. hope its clear.

1) Download Ad Astra.zip.  Unzip.  This will create an Ad Astra folder.  Copy the entire folder directly into your game installation KSP/Gamedata folder.

2) If using the 43k clouds download the 43k cubemaps.zip and the 43k settings.zip and unpack both.  Both of these files once unpacked will generate an Ad Astra folder.  Copy both of these 'Ad Astra' folders into your gamedata folder. Allow the process to overwrite things in required.

3) Download the AVP texture resolution of your choice (I chose 8k). Unzip. Navigate to the Eve folder of this unzipped AVP file. Copy the Textures folder you will find in there and paste it directly into the following location of your game installation:  KSP/Gamedata/Ad Astra. This will also possibly require you to overwrite. do so if needed.

Hope this helps?

Also, just to check, before doing all of the above, you have already installed JNSQ and all its dependencies right? And tested that JNSQ is working first?

Matt

 

On 3/19/2021 at 6:08 PM, III-METHOD-III said:

OK, Im stumped.

Your folders are similar to mine (though you are missing citylights.cfg in EVE and your Cubemaps.cfg is half the size of mine). What size textured did you download from AVP?

The top set of files in your textures seems to be missing some files. Not sure if they were just missed off the screen shot. 

Your first file is aurorasoft.dds but before that i have altostratus.dds, aurora1.dds, aurora2.dds, auroraglow.dds and aurorajool.dds.

I cant think why your clouds arent working if they work find in JNSQ.

I would just delete the whole Ad Astra folder and reinstall following the instructions in the readme file you get when you unzip Ad Astra.

Matt

I figured it out for version 1.11.2 Ksp you need to download the older version of AVP textures you need version 1.9. The files and the layout were changed in versions after that. https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jim123 said:

 

I figured it out for version 1.11.2 Ksp you need to download the older version of AVP textures you need version 1.9. The files and the layout were changed in versions after that. https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases/tag/v1.9

Im really glad to hear this.  Thanks. 

Ive been playing with just JNSQ for a few weeks now and its nice and all, but it only has one layer of clouds.  

I might try Ad Astra now you have provided this info and see how it looks (can always remove the folders)

Are you using the 43k cloud textures? Also do you happen to know how many cloud layers there are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have returned from the land of spells and fairies and twice over COVID diagnoses. Fortunately, despite being one of those unlucky people, I am relatively unscathed and while my life isn't terribly awesome atm, I'm in a position to be playing video games again on the regular, and with recent news about Artemis and SpaceX, well, you can guess what I've been itching to play for the greater part of a year. 

Its going to take time for me to get back up where I was (and I know i've said this before when I've disappeared for a while but hey, what can you do lol) as far as modding goes, but I do still want to keep going with what I was working on before 2020 interrupted me. 

IDK if I had ever laid it out, but essentially the idea is to do a recreation of our solar system in the style of Ad Astra, but with a focus on being as accurate as possible on top of being over the top graphically.  I haven't looked, so whether that ends up being a true planet pack in of itself or just a visuals replacer for an already available planet pack remains to be seen (though I'm leaning towards that, as I didn't particularly enjoy that aspect of it when I experimented originally) but I still have my general list of ideas and others that I've added since., so if I can get it up and running, I will be very excited to see how its received. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, G'th said:

I have returned from the land of spells and fairies and twice over COVID diagnoses. Fortunately, despite being one of those unlucky people, I am relatively unscathed and while my life isn't terribly awesome atm, I'm in a position to be playing video games again on the regular, and with recent news about Artemis and SpaceX, well, you can guess what I've been itching to play for the greater part of a year. 

Its going to take time for me to get back up where I was (and I know i've said this before when I've disappeared for a while but hey, what can you do lol) as far as modding goes, but I do still want to keep going with what I was working on before 2020 interrupted me. 

IDK if I had ever laid it out, but essentially the idea is to do a recreation of our solar system in the style of Ad Astra, but with a focus on being as accurate as possible on top of being over the top graphically.  I haven't looked, so whether that ends up being a true planet pack in of itself or just a visuals replacer for an already available planet pack remains to be seen (though I'm leaning towards that, as I didn't particularly enjoy that aspect of it when I experimented originally) but I still have my general list of ideas and others that I've added since., so if I can get it up and running, I will be very excited to see how its received. 

Good to see that you're in good health man, keep your head up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, G'th said:

I have returned from the land of spells and fairies and twice over COVID diagnoses. Fortunately, despite being one of those unlucky people, I am relatively unscathed and while my life isn't terribly awesome atm, I'm in a position to be playing video games again on the regular, and with recent news about Artemis and SpaceX, well, you can guess what I've been itching to play for the greater part of a year. 

Its going to take time for me to get back up where I was (and I know i've said this before when I've disappeared for a while but hey, what can you do lol) as far as modding goes, but I do still want to keep going with what I was working on before 2020 interrupted me. 

IDK if I had ever laid it out, but essentially the idea is to do a recreation of our solar system in the style of Ad Astra, but with a focus on being as accurate as possible on top of being over the top graphically.  I haven't looked, so whether that ends up being a true planet pack in of itself or just a visuals replacer for an already available planet pack remains to be seen (though I'm leaning towards that, as I didn't particularly enjoy that aspect of it when I experimented originally) but I still have my general list of ideas and others that I've added since., so if I can get it up and running, I will be very excited to see how its received. 

Well your plans sound awesome, Congrats on beating covid and welcome back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, G'th said:

IDK if I had ever laid it out, but essentially the idea is to do a recreation of our solar system in the style of Ad Astra, but with a focus on being as accurate as possible on top of being over the top graphically.  I haven't looked, so whether that ends up being a true planet pack in of itself or just a visuals replacer for an already available planet pack remains to be seen (though I'm leaning towards that, as I didn't particularly enjoy that aspect of it when I experimented originally) but I still have my general list of ideas and others that I've added since., so if I can get it up and running, I will be very excited to see how its received

Good to see that you’re back!

Maybe make said visual pack the same way you did this one, but for KSRSS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I've been using Ad Astra for about 6 months now, and I've loved it. However, there are still some bugs that are really hard to miss. Some of the scatterer configs for bodies with atmospheres are messed up, and have an insanely red or white tint on the horizon. I've fixed what I can, and edited most of this. 

If Ad Astra ever gets updated again, I'd like to see a really big revamp to gas planet textures, scatterer, and some weird texturing in the skies above Eve and Huygen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, kurgut said:

@alberro+Could you share those configs you made ? That'd be very helpful !
Thanks :)

Kurg

I second this, honestly. I don't know of it's by design, but Kerbin's oceans have a really weird red/orange tint and it makes the waters look polluted and gross, like something I'd see in Spore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are the configs I worked out for my set up.  They're a combination of the original JNSQ's atmo file, and G'th's.   I took the tint way down, narrowed the experimentalatmosphere to a 1 to 1 ratio again, and dropped the clouds from the 10k, down to 4k, where a bulk of earth's stratus and cumulus hang out.   The result from low orbit is that the planet appears as massive as it is, with clouds far beneath you, and the horizon is a thin band that seems far away.

I would love to make the fade from orange to yellow even more blended and subtle, but the best I could do was knock the tint way down.  

Finally - Does anyone know the line of code here that adjusts at which point, and how fast, the stars fade in to view as you leave atmo?   Currently the configs I have, the stars are not visible on the ground during the night, and they just suddenly fade in sometime around 20k, and I'd like it to be sooner.   I just don't know what any of these lines mean without annotation, and what I've managed has been trial and error of changing, loading, observing.  

ALSO - My low-kerbin orbit kerbin textures are a pixelated mine-craft mess.  Anyone know where the text. files are and any 128k files to replace them with?


{
        name = Kerbin
        JNSQTag = True
        experimentalAtmoScale = 1
        cloudColorMultiplier = 3
        cloudScatteringMultiplier = 1
        cloudSkyIrradianceMultiplier = 1
        volumetricsColorMultiplier = 1
        Rg = 1600000
        Rt = 1622641
        RL = 1623019
        atmosphereGlobalScale = 1
        EVEIntegration_pres1erveCloudColors = False
        HR = 10
        HM = 1.20000005
        BETA_MSca = 0.00400000019,0.00400000019,0.00400000019
        m_betaR = 0.00579999993,0.0135000004,0.0331000015
        m_mieG = 0.2
        rimBlend = 20
        rimpower = 600
        specR = 0
        specG = 0
        specB = 0
        shininess = 30
        assetPath = JNSQ/JNSQ_Configs/Scatterer/Planets/Kerbin/Atmo
        configPoints
        {
            Item
            {
                altitude = 200
                skyExposure = 0.25
                skyAlpha = 1
                skyExtinctionTint = 1
                scatteringExposure = 0.08
                extinctionThickness = 1
                postProcessAlpha = 1
                postProcessDepth = 0.0799999982
                extinctionTint = 0.2
                openglThreshold = 10
                viewdirOffset = 0.0120000001
            }
            Item
            {
                altitude = 1000
                skyExposure = 0.2
                skyAlpha = 1
                skyExtinctionTint = 1
                scatteringExposure = 0.08
                extinctionThickness = 1
                postProcessAlpha = 1
                postProcessDepth = 0.100000001
                extinctionTint = 0.2
                openglThreshold = 10
                viewdirOffset = 0
            }
            Item
            {
                altitude = 250000
                skyExposure = 0.1
                skyAlpha = 1
                skyExtinctionTint = 1
                scatteringExposure = 0.08
                extinctionThickness = 1
                postProcessAlpha = 1
                postProcessDepth = 0.100000001
                extinctionTint = 0.2
                openglThreshold = 10
                viewdirOffset = 0
            }
        }
    }
}
 

Edited by Bosun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...