Share your unmanned missions!

Me!

What is your favorite type of mission to send to other planets?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of mission to send to other planets?

• A manned mission
    • An unmanned mission
    • I like them both equally

While playing KSP I have recently been getting into unmanned missions with rovers and satellite probes, what are some of your most impressive/fun unmanned missions you have accomplished in KSP? Photos are welcome as well as mission logs.

Yb9U3CJANpVxrDeFN8QyrF6eyraq6O-yTBPWtTlvB42Ntn-zLh7fujIcAA5w5s7QG9P-L010l_Wmf1KjjTXekQwvYNNv-IU8ABZgL7Hg_15BPOZLP3ilQPojlTvjhjyoNIfbvDSf 

Mission to Duna's ice caps. Inspired by a design on a Matt Lowne video I created a lander that cradled the rover during the decent portion of the mission. The lander was later used as a transmission tower for the rover.

OIsFOdusxKxdGjDgrZNSL6cxEl7DUrYlIyr4Qo7HJ419F_qasKSIiIpVlU6N3sOsVRxm7Mvd7DLikooNrBPKd47oxmniP6BhSnXudyUSrjYfH5FTgDNzxaW8yBonHHCpmGheEHGv 

Btw I play on xbox so no screenshots :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Due to an unprecedented loss of crew and mission during the launch of Jeb, Bob and Bill to orbit, all krewed programs were halted by me. I started indeed focussing on exploration and science based gameplay. There's a contract mod which provides contracts to visit multiple bodies on a single spacecraft, and pays millions. So no problems for the funding.

XTI5EsG.png

The Standardized Exploration Vehicle is a nuclear-electric spacecraft which forms the backbone of most space exploration missions. In the above pictures, it's carrying 2 small landers for landing on Ike and Duna to fulfill a contract. Also, this probe has to visit Dres and Moho as well, according to a third contract. Hence the xenon overkill is required.

SuHyrWU.png

This one is in Jool orbit, with Laythe and Tylo in picture too. Loaded up with extra fuel as it needed to extract all possible science from Pol and Bop since TWR of ion engines was good enough to land. All SEVs are equipped with a RTG for emergency electrical supply.

Ari2dgt.png

This one is an older model of the Standardized Exploration Vehicle. Notice the different radiators. This model had no RTGs, thus suffered a critical mission loss when it once ran out of elctricity and was dead in a very eccentric Dres Orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.