[1.8.1] Sigma EditorView

Sigma88

Sigma EditorView

Improves the outside view as seen from the VAB and SPH

5xwE04V.png

Downloads

Other Links

Support

If you enjoy my mods, please consider supporting me with a small donation.

DonatePoundsDonateEurosDonateDollars

Bug Reports

To report a bug or to ask for support, open an issue on GitHub.

Installation

This mod can be installed and updated automatically using the Twitch App.

To install the mod manually, follow these instructions:

1. Install Manually

• Remove any other version of the mod.
  • Unzip the archive directly into the folder 'KSP\GameData'.

2. Uninstall Manually

• Delete the folder 'KSP\GameData\Sigma\EditorView'

License

All Rights Reserved

Edited by Sigma88

@Sigma88

Lovely! I’ve wanted a mod like this for a long time :D I’ll install it as soon as I get a chance to play KSP.

I’ve got a feature suggestion: please ignore me if this is impossible or just too difficult, but it’d be cool to see Kerbal Konstructs support, so that you can see your custom statics out of the editor doors :wink:

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Sigma88

Lovely! I’ve wanted a mod like this for a long time :D I’ll install it as soon as I get a chance to play KSP.

I’ve got a feature suggestion: please ignore me if this is impossible or just too difficult, but it’d be cool to see Kerbal Konstructs support, so that you can see your custom statics out of the editor doors :wink:

This mod has been around for a while now, I just never made a thread for it in the forums.

I'm trying to start making threads again, just to see how it goes.

Expecially because I want to see how the automatic installation using the twitch app is received.

Regarding the kk compatibility, that feature has already been added to the mod a few versions back.

Spoiler

YntniFs.png

Edited by Sigma88

@Sigma88 So I've had this mod installed for a few days now. It's great, really adds to the immersion :)

I did find a bit of a bug though - the sun tends to appear in weird places, most notably shining through the VAB walls or in the main menu.

9yo2tlQ.png

2MAQXYz.png

This might be me screwing up rather than a bug, so I'll reinstall the mod to be sure.

this should not be happening for sure :)

and it does not happen on my clean install of KSP with just EditorView

could you try to reproduce this bug with as few mods as possible? and when you manage to do that, can you send me the file:

KSP/Logs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip

thanks

10 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

and when you manage to do that, can you send me the file::)

KSP/Logs/Logs-Kopernicus.zip

thanks

Does this mod need Kopernicus or something? I don’t use it, so I don’t see how it could affect anything.

I’ll try a clean install with just EditorView installed and see if I can reproduce it though. If I can’t get it to happen, I’ll try and figure out what other mod is causing the problem.

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Does this mod need Kopernicus or something? I don’t use it, so I don’t see how it could affect anything.

I’ll try a clean install with just EditorView installed and see if I can reproduce it though. If I can’t get it to happen, I’ll try and figure out what other mod is causing the problem.

no it doesn't need kopernicus, it can work on its own.

Kopernicus and other mods are compatible, but maybe one of the mods you had is not compatible yet

also, the latest release is for 1.8.1, if you are on an older version of the game you should downgrade, but I don't remember the state of older releases so they might work not as well as the latest one

to provide the logs, if you don't have kopernicus, just send me the mm cachefile and the ksp log 

@Sigma88 Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long, my internet was down for a couple of days. I did some troubleshooting on a 1.8.1 game with only the DLCs and EditorView installed:

4xQ4TYV.png

I was expecting the problem to be with my mods, so the result was unexpected.

aSmNu8o.png

Then I figured that I should try installing the mod differently, to see if that solved the problem, but it didn't appear to.

fgs3uCp.png

OlYCRqY.png

Edited by RealKerbal3x

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@RealKerbal3x look out the open doors of either building, at different times of the day and night

I have. The bug seems only to occur in daylight, and the second sun usually appears shining through the VAB/SPH walls, though sometimes it appears out of the doors (making it look like Kerbin belongs to a binary star system, interestingly :P).

18 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I have. The bug seems only to occur in daylight, and the second sun usually appears shining through the VAB/SPH walls, though sometimes it appears out of the doors (making it look like Kerbin belongs to a binary star system, interestingly :P).

Is this a Steam install?  

If so, then you might have left over files from previous mods which may not have been fully uninstalled

You need to follow these instructions to fully delete all files from the game:

1. Open Steam, select the Library tab
  2. Find KSP, and right-click on it, select Properties
  3. Click the tab labeled Local Files
  4. Click the button labeled Browse Local Files
  5. Delete all the files shown, then close the window
  6. Click the button labeled Verify Integrity Of Game Files

That should clean everything out, so now go ahead and install the mod and try again

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

EditorView installed:

4xQ4TYV.png

This is the correct way to install EditorView

If you have issues running the game with that install could you please send me the Player.log file generated by ksp?

You can find it in

%AppData%\..\LocalLow\Squad\KerbalSpaceProgram\Player.log

3 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

This is the correct way to install EditorView

If you have issues running the game with that install could you please send me the Player.log file generated by ksp?

You can find it in

%AppData%\..\LocalLow\Squad\KerbalSpaceProgram\Player.log

OK. In any case, this is probably the files left over from one of my mods (since I simply copied the KSP root folder and deleted my mods to get a clean install) and not a problem with this mod by itself. Sorry for causing such a fuss :rolleyes:

I’ll try and find the Player.log, but since I have several installs that are all creating that log, I don’t know if I’ll find the right one. I’ll have to do some troubleshooting anyway.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

OK. In any case, this is probably the files left over from one of my mods (since I simply copied the KSP root folder and deleted my mods to get a clean install) and not a problem with this mod by itself. Sorry for causing such a fuss :rolleyes:

I’ll try and find the Player.log, but since I have several installs that are all creating that log, I don’t know if I’ll find the right one. I’ll have to do some troubleshooting anyway.

If you get the logs just after having run the game you can be sure the log is from that session

Keep in mind that the adress I gave you is only for windows, other os generate the log in different places

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.