Cities In Motion 2 Crashing on Start

Czar32

Hey everybody!

I have been looking across the forums for the last couple of hours and I feel I am still lost. I got a new laptop two days ago and transferred files from the older laptop yesterday. This past weekend I bought Cities In Motion 2 on Steam, along with two of downloadable context, which I have uninstalled. I tried to finally play it but it keeps crashing. I have provided the specs of the new laptop and what the error log says. I am not the greatest tech wiz, especially when it comes to the inner workings of the computer so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB (5.92 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Error Log:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.3.4f1_e444f76e01cd]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:100010c6.

Error occurred at 2019-12-05_141204.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities in Motion 2\CIM2.exe, run by tyler.
58% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [2486 MB free].
0 MB paging file [1844 MB free].
0 MB user address space [3953 MB free].
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

I have more of the error log, if you wish to see it, just let me know.

Thank you all in advance.

Being so frustrated and lost I did not realize this was a form for a specific set of games. In my searching, I kept coming back to the forms on here and they seemed to be the most reliable when it came to answers. So you are probably right, I am not in the right place haha. Thanks for pointing that out :)

2 hours ago, Czar32 said:

Being so frustrated and lost I did not realize this was a form for a specific set of games.

That is because there is only one game worth playing, soon to be two.    There is only one forum needed for the one game.

There can be only one. 

9 hours ago, Czar32 said:

So you are probably right, I am not in the right place haha.

More specifically you need to go there: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/cities-in-motion-2.740/

To see the actual subforum for technical support you need to connect your Steam account to the forums and then probably also need to find the setting that hides older threads, because without that it looks completely empty which is most likely why Google doesn't promote the official forum much. Or you could just go to the Steam discussion page and hope there are still people who actually answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.